• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The curse is broken!!

Bugman

Verified
The Kansas City Chiefs are one game away from Super Bowl LIII! What a game by the defense! And here's something for the doubters.

:dancingsheep:

Defense forces four straight three and outs to start the game and the offense posts 17 points. Offense as usual, defense steps up. Vinatieri doinks two kicks, AFC Championship game at Arrowhead! Great reply Bugman!!

Barbershopman

Last edited:
Defense forces three straight three and outs to start the game and the offense posts 17 points. Offense as usual, defense steps up. Vinatieri doinks two kicks, AFC Championship game at Arrowhead! Great reply Bugman!!

Barbershopman

The Chiefs defense held the Colts offense to 6 points. I had a feeling about this game but didn't expect total domination by KC. Damien Williams had more rushing yards than the entire Colts offense, and T.Y. Hilton scored those points but was otherwise a non-factor. And how about Chris Jones? Three passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. Can't forget that sack and forced fumble by Dee Ford. The Colts had a chance to score and get back in the game. After that play it was pretty much over. Kansas City is rocking tonight! :D

The defense finally showed up when they needed to, and I was getting nervous towards the end, since the offense failed to score up until the end of the 4th Quarter. The key sacks and turnovers by Justin Houston and Dee Ford were the difference in the game. This is the Chiefs' biggest win since their epic in Houston in 1994. I listened to the radio broadcast...NO TV! I'm a believer in radio.

Mitch Houlthus, whom I met in Topeka, has never called an AFC Title Game.

I hear there's fireworks going off?

.I listened to the radio broadcast...NO TV! I'm a believer in radio.

Living down here I watch the Chiefs anytime they are on TV. When that's not possible I listen to 101 The Fox online. Houlthus does a great job. Sweet nectar of the end zone baby! :D

We used to have Kevin Harlan and his "oh baby, what a play!" on 101.1 the Fox. When he left, I thought we could never top him. Now we have Mitch Holthus and I feel he is just as good if not better. Besides his "taste the sweet nectar of the endzone" that Bugman references above, here are a few of his calls from this season:

On Patrick Mahomes during the season opener: "If you haven't believed in the kid before, believe him NOW!!"

On his pass to Tyreek Hill against Denver: "Batman is left-handed, he threw that pass with his LEFT HAND!"

During the Ravens game on the 4th and 9 completion to Tyreek Hill that extended the game winning drive. Hill had been injured earlier in the game and was questionable to return: "Grab a bucket of guts!!"

Kevin Harlan was a one trick pony with his catchphrase, Holthus seems as he has a whole book of catchphrases. I'm sure the catchphrases will be flying next week!

Barbershopman

Best tweet of the game after Adam Vinatieri doinks the extra point off the upright, Charles Woodson tweets: "Now he misses in the snow" referencing the tuck-rule AFC championship game in 2002.

Barbershopman

The defense finally showed up when they needed to, and I was getting nervous towards the end, since the offense failed to score up until the end of the 4th Quarter. The key sacks and turnovers by Justin Houston and Dee Ford were the difference in the game. This is the Chiefs' biggest win since their epic in Houston in 1994. I listened to the radio broadcast...NO TV! I'm a believer in radio.

I'm totally with you on the "NO TV!". I've found TV broadcasters to be so biased it makes the games near unwatchable, especially baseball. Joe Buck is so 'pro Dodgers' it's a wonder he still has a job. During the last two world series, all he's done is look at "what the dodgers need to do", "How is the dodger's bullpen", "These are the mistakes the Dodgers have to work on." - NEVER "what a great game the opposing team has done to win this series." But the plus side is nobody does radio like baseball.

OT a little, but one of the most annoying radio broadcasts is Yankees baseball. If a call goes against them in say the 2nd or 3rd inning, you will hear it repeatedly until the game's end or until the Yankees take the lead. However, those are Yankee's broadcasters and you might expect as such. Joe Buck is 'supposed to be' anti biased and call the games evenly.

This was the game that I thought would produce the likeliest upset. But the Chiefs defense stepped up bigtime. Their offense looked good, but in the grand scheme of things, this was an slow day at the office for them.

Over the past two decades, the Colts have been a thorn in the Chiefs side when it comes to the playoffs. They've met four times in that timespan, and the Colts won all four times.

:The Lin Elliot game in the 1995 Divisional.

:The 2003 Divisional Shootout in which the Colts offense scored on every drive except for the end of the first half, and at the very end when the game was basically over.

:The 2006 Wild Card where the Colts and their NFL's worst run defense totally shut down Chiefs RB Larry Johnson.

:And of course, the 2013 Wild Card in which the Colts erased a 38-10 deficit.

Not much to say about the Cowboys/Rams game except that the Rams run game was on point, and I'm glad to see Dallas go him. Who saw CJ Anderson being that big of a contributor after being on his couch for half of the season? In his three games since joining the Rams, he's had three 120+ Rushing games.

This was the game that I thought would produce the likeliest upset. But the Chiefs defense stepped up bigtime. Their offense looked good, but in the grand scheme of things, this was an slow day at the office for them.

Over the past two decades, the Colts have been a thorn in the Chiefs side when it comes to the playoffs. They've met four times in that timespan, and the Colts won all four times.

:The Lin Elliot game in the 1995 Divisional.

Yes, that was the game where Lin Elliot missed three field goals, but I also remember that game as the great Marty Schottenheimer fake out. That entire year, we were a running team with Marcus Allen. But that game, we leaned on the passing of Steve (B)oh no! He had a passer rating of 32.8, threw for one touchdown and three interceptions that day before giving way to Rich Gannon. But by then it was too late, and a FG miss later. . .

Barbershopman

Interesting fact: The Colts led the league in 3rd down conversions this year. They were 0 for 9 on third downs yesterday. Way to go defense!!!!

Barbershopman

Best tweet of the game after Adam Vinatieri doinks the extra point off the upright, Charles Woodson tweets: "Now he misses in the snow" referencing the tuck-rule AFC championship game in 2002.

Barbershopman

That comment had me scratching my head because that was very little snow on the field. It wasn't a factor in the game at all. And on the subject of snow - to the clowns who were throwing snowballs at the Colts players, if you can't act like adults stay home. I expect better from Chiefs fans.

That comment had me scratching my head because that was very little snow on the field. It wasn't a factor in the game at all. And on the subject of snow - to the clowns who were throwing snowballs at the Colts players, if you can't act like adults stay home. I expect better from Chiefs fans.

Amen, Bugman. Chiefs fans are better than that. Lamar Hunt was the class of the AFL and would be very disappointed by the actions of some individuals yesterday. I fully expected Andy Reid to go all Sam Wyche and get on the PA to admonish the fans. I'm with you Bugman, those individuals who felt the need to do that just need to stay home and throw bricks at your TV if you need to vent.

Barbershopman

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back