• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why Have A Blank Profile

chicago

For some of the members who have been here and active for years... Why the blank profile?

Kinda random but noticed it a few times the past couple of days.

Maybe they prefer too lurk and not have people all up in their business or creep on their profiles?

Maybe they prefer too lurk and not have people all up in their business or creep on their profiles?

Sorry, by "active" - I meant actually posting. Lurking I thought meant just here to view content?

Regardless of status. Whether or not they gotta green light on, what I said in my prior post still stands.

Maybe they like their privacy? I dunno. Not everyone is as like minded as everyone else.

Regardless of status. Whether or not they gotta green light on, what I said in my prior post still stands.

Maybe they like their privacy? I dunno. Not everyone is as like minded as everyone else.

If you dunno, don't respond? lol

Understanding that not everyone is like-minded is why I started this thread lol

I agree with you on the lurking part, but if you are interacting with others - especially outside of giving feedback on videos - it seems counter-intuitive if you are just going to not have a profile, I feel like. Or rather, if you want your privacy, it seems odd to share info about yourself in threads.

Meh

I respond because I can.

The reason(s) why some people don't bother too fill out their profiles is what I said earlier. Or something else.

Maybe they just come here too get themselves off, read, relax, lurk.

There are no rules stating they have too fill out their profiles.

As for giving out personal information, I personally don't feel the need too unless I like the person who is asking or if I've known them for awhile and feel comfortable sharing stuff.

Not everyone is comfortable sharing personal information on the internet.

I respond because I can.

The reason(s) why some people don't bother too fill out their profiles is what I said earlier. Or something else.

Maybe they just come here too get themselves off, read, relax, lurk.

There are no rules stating they have too fill out their profiles.

As for giving out personal information, I personally don't feel the need too unless I like the person who is asking or if I've known them for awhile and feel comfortable sharing stuff.

Not everyone is comfortable sharing personal information on the internet.

Ok thanks for repeating yourself three times. Looking forward to others' thoughts.

Again, not talking about lurkers and aware there are no rules stating you have to fill out a profile.

My guess is either privacy or laziness. Or they just don't deem it important, perhaps because they like to post or comment, but not engage extensively with the community. My profile isnt extensive, as I kind of have a mix of privacy and not deeming it important. I post here, in P&R, and the content sections, but it's more of a hobby than anything else, since I haven't really engaged with the community (making true friends, or acquaintances, etc.). But it's also a time issue for me.

Also, I would think that people can understand someone better than any profile description by the kinds of posts they make.

Just my two cents though.

My guess is either privacy or laziness. Or they just don't deem it important, perhaps because they like to post or comment, but not engage extensively with the community. My profile isnt extensive, as I kind of have a mix of privacy and not deeming it important. I post here, in P&R, and the content sections, but it's more of a hobby than anything else, since I haven't really engaged with the community (making true friends, or acquaintances, etc.). But it's also a time issue for me.

Also, I would think that people can understand someone better than any profile description by the kinds of posts they make.

Just my two cents though.

Understandable. I actually don't look at profiles unless I find something interesting in their posts or in a thread I've subscribed to. A few times recently, there were some individuals I wanted to say hey whats up to based on what I read, but finding their profile blank - I wasn't sure if they wanted that type of interaction haha

Maybe due to safety concerns? I mean, you can't get your account deleted here so it's here to stay once it's created so I can see while some female members who've experienced harassment in the past would want to give as little information as possible.

Maybe due to safety concerns? I mean, you can't get your account deleted here so it's here to stay once it's created so I can see while some female members who've experienced harassment in the past would want to give as little information as possible.

Thats true. When I take breaks from here I usually erase all the info from my profile.

For someone (like me) who filled up a bit of TMF profile, it is for anyone who would bother to know a tidbit, at least in one click.

Now, of course, it is quite something when "controversial" persons leave their profile blank because there is nothing else to refer to other than what was written in the threads. And no, it doesn't create any sense of mystery at all...

In my general observation, the persons who care or are quite serious around here would at least write a thing or two in the profile -- some words that would differentiate them from the rest, at least. And don't let me start by talking about those who don't update their profiles at all for years, lol! ;)

Generally if given the option to do something, with no tangible benefit to doing so, people will just not bother.

Having an aura of mystery after being active for many years is a hard feat to accomplish. By filling out a profile, you are automatically removing a huge chunk of the mystery surrounding you. You see these people comment and post everyday. They almost become like a neighbor. But in the end you don’t even know the first thing about them. Truly an interesting situation.

Having an aura of mystery after being active for many years is a hard feat to accomplish. By filling out a profile, you are automatically removing a huge chunk of the mystery surrounding you. You see these people comment and post everyday. They almost become like a neighbor. But in the end you don’t even know the first thing about them. Truly an interesting situation.

Oh my LOL... having doubts already after posting in this thread, then I realize you probably meant this member profile link: http://www.ticklingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?337-Member-Profiles... which means, I haven't filled up *mine* at all! :eek:

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back