• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Annoying social/online trends

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Just fancied having a rant about some trends that have been annoying me over the last few months. Feel free to join in!

Reaction videos on Youtube. "Look at me reacting to something! Aren't I just precious!?" No. Fuck off.

Moronic, baby-ish background music in vlogs. Usually involving a ukulele. If you're not aiming the video at one-year-olds or the mentally retarded, why use music that sounds as though you are? Kinda creepy. And very annoying, of course!

Overly-ripped jeans. Bit of kneecap sticking out: fine. Half yer leg on show: no. Looks stoopid.

The extreme short back and sides (not sure how else to describe it) haircut on men. Think it's finally beginning to go out of fashion... Should never have been in fashion, if you ask me. Looks stoopid.

Superhero films. I know they're quite popular... But I don't like 'em (generally speaking, anyway). So they can fuck off an' all! lol

The politicization of practically everything.

Will probably add more at a later date. That felt good though! lol

Anyone? :)

-"When you..."/"That face when..."/"That moment when..." memes...I don't mind clever, funny memes or memes that make good philosophical points, but I find the majority of these "When" memes are just lame, unoriginal, and trying too hard.

-Typing "This", often followed by one or a few "^" symbols, especially on Twitter, as a declaration of agreement. This adds NOTHING of substance. Why not add why you agree and expand the conversation?

-I'll second Vanillaphant on the ukulele music in vlogs. I also hate that bass-heavy, generic, dubstep-ish, harsh, buzzsaw, just ear-pounding music most often heard in smartphone commercials, sports compilations, and yes, vlogs.

-Reaction videos ONLY if you just sit there and say nothing while making faces. Reactions PLUS reviews/discussions actually have substance, especially if the person is likable, professional, and speaks well, and the production is polished.

-Pictures of your food, martini, etc.

-The word "toxic" to describe things beyond waste, chemicals, etc.

-Clickbait words, especially typed in all-caps, such as DESTROYS, OWNS, LEAKED, SHOCKING, EPIC

-YouTube videos titled "Why "X" does not want you to know about 'Y'"

I hate clickbait. Want to know why? The reasons may SHOCK you!

I agree with most of what’s been said. However, I still love me a good superhero movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Pictures of your food, martini, etc.

Yeah... If it looks amazing, or just interesting in some way, then I can understand it. Otherwise, it just seems a bit pointless.

-The word "toxic" to describe things beyond waste, chemicals, etc.

I wasn't even aware there was a trend for that! :shrug:

I hate clickbait. Want to know why? The reasons may SHOCK you!

^I CANNOT BELIEVE he said this!!!!!^ lol

Yeah. Anything clickbait-y winds me up. And of course, it's not just the language that's used, it's those extreme facial expression thumbnail images. Contrived "OMG" faces and whatnot.

Also, the superfluous use of numbers in news story headlines (usually lifestyle stuff). Apparently, somebody discovered that people pay more attention when you throw a random number in there - or so it would seem, anyway lol. "7 ways to..." "5 reasons why..." "117.467256 times that somebody did whateverthefuck..." Pretty annoying.

Good list.

Add skinny jeans , man buns, and Gillette.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Speaking of clickbait words, I'd be happy to never see "backlash" or "outrage" in headlines - or news stories - again.

How about fake or scam accounts on Facebook and Instagram. I'll add unsolicited business DMs.

I sincerely don't give a fuck anymore. If someone or something is getting on my nerves I'll either say what I feel at the time or get away from it now. I've gone down so many rabbit holes searching for the truth and it turns out that everything is all a lie, so I gave up. It isn't worth the bother. The only control a person has now is how they manage their own lives.

In what way? (Haven't seen it myself.)

Trying to get to safety while blindfolded (because the plot says so) with two blindfolded toddlers by miles and miles of paddling an inflatable boat into a river until it reaches the wild, raging rapids. The boat turned over but hurray the made it! The end. Tell me...lol. :D

I sincerely don't give a fuck anymore. If someone or something is getting on my nerves I'll either say what I feel at the time or get away from it now. I've gone down so many rabbit holes searching for the truth and it turns out that everything is all a lie, so I gave up. It isn't worth the bother. The only control a person has now is how they manage their own lives.

Most of the time I don't give a f@ck too, actually... :)

one that really annoys me is when people check themselves in the hospital on social media and dont reply for ages so everyone panics they then comment oh was just for a blood test

How about Youtube's recent decision to censor what IT deems conspiratorial or "fake" - stuff like UFO videos, alternative medicine, 9/11 documentaries, basically anything that challenges the "official narrative" - that burns me up.

How about Youtube's recent decision to censor what IT deems conspiratorial or "fake" - stuff like UFO videos, alternative medicine, 9/11 documentaries, basically anything that challenges the "official narrative" - that burns me up.

Sounds vaguely Orwellian. Didn't even know such a decision had been made. Probably cos I was distracted by the ol' prolefeed. :D

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back