• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Goodell admits it then says nothing can be done about it????

Barbershopman

TMF Master
In a press conference today, Roger Goodell admitted that the call was indeed blown when Los Angeles wasn't flagged for pass interference nor helmet-to-helmet hit in the NFC Championship game last week. Great, thank you captain obvious.

Then he said technology wouldn't fix the mistake.:shock2: :sowrong: :bsflag:

I'm sorry, the man in charge of the most powerful league in the land must be living in the dark ages if he thinks that technology won't fix something that a peewee football player could spot as pass interference. Technology that is nearly 70 years old (in the form of TV) is the reason you're having this press conference in the first place, dumbass!! If that's the best explanation he can come up with, he needs to pack up and leave town. We needed an explanation for the horribly missed call, not an excuse. But maybe that's what we get, a terrible excuse for a call from a terrible excuse for a commissioner.

Barbershopman

On Goodell's watch, the NFL has become a full-blown circus. The Super Bowl is nothing more than an advertising event. For several years it has never been about football, but an overblown Hollywood production. I now believe the two title games were rigged, because the advertisers didn't want the Chiefs (coin tosses can be rigged) and the Saints, because of their smaller demographic. Boston and Los Angeles are far more beneficial. It's reaching, but it makes sense.

What's worse is that the sports media aka jock-sniffing drones are ga-ga over the match up. Gutless pukes. I wouldn't last long in sports radio if I were to say the best teams in the NFL are not playing this weekend. The Patriots are average. The Rams are garbage; despite losing, the Chiefs dropped 51 fucking points on them.

I hope this game gets cancelled, or better yet, both teams are caught cheating. And a huge sideline-clearing brawl erupts. Then I'll watch. :firedevil

Oh, if you think New Orleans is bent over this clusterfuck, how does the city of St. Louis feel?

The other 30 teams should sign a joint pact stating that neither team will be recognized as Super Bowl Champions. This year's game is tainted.

Big time tainted. The (money hungry) NFL got just what they wanted the big TV markets LA and Boston over the small market Kansas City and New Orleans.

This doesn't mean I'll stop rooting for my Chiefs, but the NFL is going to start losing fans, especially in the Midwest if it keeps kissing up to the big market franchises.

There was a demographic shown in the Sunday between the Championship games and the Super Bowl asking New Orleans fans if they were going to watch the Super Bowl. The number of people in NO who were going to actually tune in. . . 11%. In fact, TV execs are predicting this year's Super Bowl to be way down in viewership over previous years.

Barbershopman

I need small market teams to shut up for a change. "It's rigged! They want large markets! waaa waaa waaa!" How about win the game? The Chiefs defense was horrendous as you have pointed out. On 3rd freaking down, they never doubled Edelman OR Gronk. It wasn't the league that made the Chiefs offense inept in the first half. It is not the league's fault for the countless years of the Chiefs choking in the playoffs.

Am I pissed off the Pats won? Yes. Hell yes. For the love of everything holy, they need to freaking lose. But the Rams earned their way in. "Wait! what about that blown call?!! The Saints would have been in there if it wasn't for that!" You don't know that because they could have still missed a field goal. Second, their playcalling was atrocious. They lost their composure. Had the run the ball and forced the Rams to use their timeouts, the Saints could still kick a field goal and leave a small amount of time for the Rams to try and tie the game. Then, the Saints had ANOTHER opportunity in OT, but blew it. Bad call yes, but the Saints had opportunities.

I am tired of small market teams whining. How about executing AT HOME and you would win. Coin toss can be rigged? That STILL doesn't prevent the Chiefs defense from showing up. Much like the Rams did, the Chiefs' offense sucked. In the end they woke up, but that first half? They stunk. The MVP stunk. Tyreek Hill was shut down, and Kelce was a non-factor. Explain how the league rigged that.

As for the blown call, what else is the Commissioner supposed to do? It was a bad call. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. They are NEVER going to play another game to make up for it. They are never going to overrule a call with technology because it is a slippery slope. Small market teams keep reminding me of the Sacramento Kings back in 2002. "The refs robbed us in game 6!!" well you had game 7 at home and you choked. End of story. Same thing with the Saints and Chiefs. You CHOKED at home. Admit that so you can move on.

It is not the league's fault for the countless years of the Chiefs choking in the playoffs.

I agree with this. One game? Ok, maybe, just maybe. Countless years? Nope. The Chiefs own that one.

But the Rams earned their way in. "Wait! what about that blown call?!! The Saints would have been in there if it wasn't for that!" You don't know that because they could have still missed a field goal.

Percentage wise, I would say the Saints would have had an extremely high chance of making a FG from inside the 5yd line that would have ended the game. If both calls were made (PI and H2H) it would have been Saints ball, 1st and Goal inside the 5. Chances are exremely high at that point, it would have ended Touchdown Saints or at least a winning FG as time expired. We will never know because, as you said, anything is possible. But when you have first and goal inside the 5, most teams are going to score at least a FG. Especially a playoff team.

Bad call yes, but the Saints had opportunities.

Agreed. But when someone robs you of a golden opportunity to win, your team feels like a car with a flat tire. You feel mentally robbed and cheated. You were a huge play away from more than likely putting the game away and instead it just got taken away from you. You did nothing wrong. In fact the other team committed the penalty. Yet you were the one robbed. It's not exactly the same as starting the game with everything equal and the score 0-0, which most equate OT to be.

Small market teams keep reminding me of the Sacramento Kings back in 2002. "The refs robbed us in game 6!!" well you had game 7 at home and you choked. End of story. Same thing with the Saints and Chiefs. You CHOKED at home. Admit that so you can move on.

I've said the same of Cubs fans who blame Bartman for not beating Florida in 2003. Even if that catch had been made, it would still have been only two outs. Instead the Cubs gave up 8 runs in the inning. How on the planet is that Bartman's fault? On top of that, they still played game 7 in Chicago and lost again. That was a nine inning game with Bartman never touching the ball. Yet it was all his fault? No the Cubs just CHOKED.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back