• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Commercial Driver's License

luvgirlsfeet

Verified
Hi Everyone,

The company I work for is looking for drivers who want to get their CDL license and the company is willing to pay for the training. I have an interview with them on Feb 14th which I should pass with no problem for I've been with them for almost 5 years now.
and the training is a whole new concept. My question is for those of you who do have a Commercial Drivers License would you please give me a general idea of what to expect I would appreciate it.

My job will consist of moving trucks from one area to another all over the state of Arizona and possibly the surrounding states as well as far as I know the truck will be empty I don't know if that effects the license in anyway

Thank you

Have you passed a DOT physical yet? That's the first step. The training will likely be some classroom work first since you will need to pass a written test before you start driving with an instructor. They will probably start you out on a smaller truck until you get comfortable with that. Don't know for sure how many hours of behind the wheel training you will need before the driving test. It was 40 hours for me.

As long as you don't need a haz-mat endorsement a standard Class A should do it. And you will have to have that physical I mentioned once a year or every two years. It varies.

Thanks Bugman, no I haven't had the DOT physical yet and that I wasn't aware of. I do however know of the classroom work. I've seen the various truck sizes that I will be driving and judged for myself that I can do it without driving it kind of self-motivation before actually sitting behind the wheel

Thanks Bugman, no I haven't had the DOT physical yet and that I wasn't aware of. I do however know of the classroom work. I've seen the various truck sizes that I will be driving and judged for myself that I can do it without driving it kind of self-motivation before actually sitting behind the wheel

The physical should be pretty routine. They check your vision, hearing, blood pressure etc. Maybe have you do a few small exercises. And a drug and alcohol screen, which you may have to do occasionally, and will be required if you are involved in an accident or get hurt on the job. Good luck!

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back