• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Recommended Antivirus

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
I recently had my comp into the shop...well, three months or so ago, but anyway, the tech who fixed my comp, a long time computer worker who actually sold my family our first computer, suggested that I get a different anti-virus then Avast, as it seemed to slow things down on my computer considerably. He suggested something called "Casm", which was written down on the bill to make sure I didn't forget.

Well, I just tried to find it, and had no luck. Does anybody use this one, or any other good anti-virus that doesn't slow their computer down too much?

To be fair here, I use Avast on all my devices and have my family using it as well. I haven't noticed a performance impact since I switched from Norton. A lot of it likely depends on the specs of your machine. Additionally, what programs you're running in the background and any other load on the processor or HDD will slow down the scanning process.
As the free version is pretty good and consistently rates highly on comparison tests, I still recommend Avast.
I've never heard of Casm before, so no help there. Otherwise, a source I trust is PCWorld and they have comprehensive reviews and guides for antivirus programs. They do a good job of writing it for everyone to understand, too.
Hope this helps.

When I used Norton, my computer was very slow in starting up and was almost non-functional during Norton's weekly scan for malware. :(

When I switched to Webroot, both of these problems vanished. :D

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back