• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Something Very Odd Happened Today (Computer Situation)

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I would appreciate insight/advice.

I posted a few weeks ago how my computer, which is now four years old, was running at low battery level.

I always have the computer plugged in, etc. I don;t run it on battery, even though it is a laptop/notebook computer.

At one point, the computer got down to 0% battery level, but was running anyway.

Today, when the computer went into screensaver/rest mode .

It did not come back on at all.

I'm not sure if it was the computer, or an internet outage in my building/area.

I started trying to manipulate the plugs.

When I got the computer to go back on. (Thank Heaven)

The battery started charging again.

The computer is plugged in.

Anyhow.. the battery charged.

For the first time in a long time, the battery says.

"100% fully charged)

I have no idea what happened, and why the battery suddenly charged, and is now running at full power again for the first time in seemingly, months, a long time.

Any explanation from a member who is more "tech savvy" than me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Seems like the power connection where it re-charges the battery is intermittent.
When the connection is not good the battery drained to zero even though plugged in.
When all of a sudden there was a connection and with the battery at zero there could have been an excessive load on the power to charge it for a period of time causing the computer to go into a power save mode affecting your screen saver.

Thanks.

I don't know.

It still says 100% charge.

As long as it works, and I can do what I need. It's okay.

Hopefully it will stay working.

I've always advised people to run their battery all the way down and charge it fully once a week. I'm not at all sure about the science but I believe batteries lose their effectiveness over time if they're not used or kept charged all the time. That's also information I learned a decade ago when I got my A+ certification, so things have probably changed since then. I never got re-certified.

It might also be helpful to purchase a backup power adapter. You can find decent 3rd party ones in the electronics department of any store. My experience has been that these work better than OEM, but I also get really bad computers because I love myself so much.

Thanks, Ty

Since I always run the computer plugged in, it took a lot longer than a week for the battery to run down fully.

It took, years, probably.

For most of the last week, the computer has been running at 100% battery level.

In the last.. 24 hours I'd say, for whatever reason, I can't find the battery level.

It seems to be working fine, knock on wood.

I can do work, search for things, send e-mails, watch videos/movies, no restrictions.

Yet, I can't find the battery level.

I don't know why this is.

Hopefully the computer will continue to work okay.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back