• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The world we live in today part 2

Barbershopman

TMF Master
I don't know whether this is funny or scary, judge for yourself.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/07/one-in-five-millennials-more-stressed-about-likes-than-fighting-with-partner/

Some of these are understandable, losing your wallet or phone, considering that today's phones are much more than the device used to call people. But stressing out about not having a charger, or worse yet slow wi-fi?

I going to sound like an elderly curmudgeon now:

When I was young, if I wanted to know something, I looked it up in an encyclopedia book. :shrug:

When I was young, I had to wait for a TV show to air, sometimes for a whole week! And if I missed it, it was tough noogies!! :Grrr:

When I was young, I had to memorize my friends' telephone numbers. If I needed help contacting a business, I had to "let my fingers do the walking" through the yellow pages, find the number, pick up the receiver, and dial the number which could take up to 1 minute. And if they didn't answer, I'd have to hang up and repeat the process later. I couldn't leave a message because that technology hadn't been invented yet!:panic:

Or, maybe I'm just old enough not to let these things get to me.

Barbershopman

Last edited:
Link didn't work

Both threads titled "the world we live in" but seem to be only about America.

You know America is not the world right?

Yes, you are right Chicago, I should have said this is a US survey. Thanks for the correction. Also, fixed the link.

Barbershopman

Last edited:
Got a major wake up call today, and it made me stop and rethink my post.

Our church youth director pointed out that today's teens are filled with anxiety and stress due to the world we live in today. I mean, when I was young, I never dreamed of contemplating suicide, but 7 of 10 teens today have expressed that concern. Plus, school related shootings are a sad part of today's world, but school violence was never part of my high school vernacular.

Perhaps the biggest eye-opener was that of bullying. Yes, I was bullied as a student, but when I went home, it ended. Today's teen with all the social media out there is subject to ridicule 24/7. That is something I never comprehended.

So, yes I'm old enough not to let things get to me, but then I never had to deal with the things today's teen lives with every day.

Barbershopman

Link didn't work

Both threads titled "the world we live in" but seem to be only about America.

You know America is not the world right?

A welcome remark. No matter where we live, it's very good to remind ourselves that we're not the center of the world :goodjob:

However, I would be surprised if the same wasn't true of most countries in the world. I can vouch that Chinese and French youth are quite similar in their preoccupations, if not outwardly the same.

And I share Barbershopman's nostalgia for a world now gone :sadcry:

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back