• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Depression and Anxiety

bLeven

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I have depression and anxiety. I'm not trying to start anything bad or weird, but if you guys have it, then what are some ways you guys handle it?

I have Epilepsy, and I guess Anxiety as well.

I have a calming medication that helps me deal with stress, etc, in addition to the seizure meds I take.

Calming meds can help the Anxiety. I've heard that Anti Depressants can help the Depression, but have never taken one.

As for what activities to do.

I can listen to a song, or watch a movie, to calm me down if i'm feeling anxious.

I'm sure that can help.

Hopefully my suggestions will be productive for you.

Good Luck.

Identifying the emotions, checking the facts, grounding exercises, and healthy distractions. I learned all of this in Intensive Out Patient after a stay in a mental hospital. I had actually went twice, both against my will and by the police. I've dealt with suicidal ideation, and currently deal with self hate, depression, and anxiety.

I don't think depression and anxiety can disappear if one is clinically disposed to it, but I am living proof that it can be moderated.

However, I realized loneliness - specifically lack of touch - is a huge contributing factor. I cope by spending a large share of my disposable income on cuddle and or foot sessions. That helped bring me out of the suicidal ideation. However, healthy hobbies and exercise can help at a less steep price. I force myself to do social stuff every now and then. Given that being an introvert, especially when depressed, causes me to be a hermit. However, opposite to emotion action is necessary when depressed.

Sometimes, it is as easy as leaving your bed, and sitting on the couch. From the couch to the kitchen. From the kitchen to the patio. Eventually ambulate and so forth. Music can help too, and or finding someone to confide in. Being open about when you are depressed with loved ones is vulnerable, but has been useful for me as well.

Thanks

I suffer from bipolar disorder type 1 - mixed, PTSD and social anxiety disorder. Medication is what helps me. Music is also good to listen to when you're depressed, getting a gym membership and going to the gym regularly can help with that as well.

If you have the funds to do it, these can also be helpful. Take a 2 week cruise to the Caribbean, get a massage or just some of the cheaper simpler things can be helpful such as going to watch a movie you've been dying to see at a theater or treat yourself to dinner at your favorite restaurant.

If you're on FetLife, it has a discussion group "Kinksters with Social Anxiety" in which despite the rather restrictive title the topic of generalized anxiety is often raised, as well that of clinical depression. It's a good place to discuss and debate these issues and get support especially from people "like us."

My boyfriend suffers from depression. Things that seem to help him are therapy, medication and support from friends and family. I know it's vague advice but I hope it helps

If you're on FetLife, it has a discussion group "Kinksters with Social Anxiety" in which despite the rather restrictive title the topic of generalized anxiety is often raised, as well that of clinical depression. It's a good place to discuss and debate these issues and get support especially from people "like us."

Thanks for letting me know. I have a fetlife account, so I will check into it.

I have PTSD, depression as well as anxiety. What helps me to relax is I listen to my favorite music ( 1950's to the 80's ) and believe it or not I have a coloring book of a winter theme and I use coloring pencils. Comedy tv shows and movies usually helps me. I'll chat with my sister who unfortunately struggles with similar issues. I try to stay away from anything that shows the news as it will just heighten my emotions

My struggles with depression are more situational than biochemical as far as I know. I've never seen a psychiatrist, but I did work with a therapist for about 5 months a few years ago. What helps me is keeping busy; keeps me from focusing on my negative thoughts, and sometimes helps me stay positive.
My therapist also helped me start to untangle my thinking; I try to keep telling myself I am a person who makes mistakes, instead of a person who IS a mistake.

And I also listen to music. Curious that a lot of answers here mention music. I also listen to a lot of podcasts, and I find two Kevin Smith podcasts always help brighten my day and improve my mood. And a lot of Christopher Titus routines.

I thought I had depression and anxiety...and then I frankly ignored it. One thing I did was ask myself if I wanted to grow old knowing that in the face of adversity that I simply panicked. To a degree that helped. Also, being around people in worse situations kind of shows how much lesser your issues are. Lastly, anxiety is normal...to a point. Don't overestimate (or overcalculate) issues. it's a common habit and it shows we're human...but if you're slowed by it, you know it's probably something to be ironed out. Depression....take it as a sign that you need a something extra to fill the void.

Just a couple vague observations I've had.

Stay away from medication, it's bad for your liver and other organs, and believe it or not just because it comes from a doctor doesn't mean that it guarantees compliance or effectiveness. Try to fight whatever demons you're dealing with naturally.

First of all, I know how you feel!

For me, it is all about exposure. Whatever I feel anxious about, I expose myself to it gradually. This was especially helpful to me because my anxiety was OCD related. And you REALLY need to expose yourself to it! Avoidance is the worst.

Also, I found it really important about anxiety and depression to maintain a healthy morning routine. Find something that you enjoy (video games, TV etc.) and get up a little earlier everyday and start your day with that! This will at least help against all the depressive thoughts that develop the moments after you wake up in the morning. I use video games, podcasts, YouTube, Facebook etc. Then I am more suited to get on with my day.

In general it is about finding out what you really value in your life and then focus on that all the way! Maybe even get yourself a new hobby which can be valuable to you.

and finally, STAY AWAY from medication just like duderino said. That was the worst for me back then. The meds made it impossible for me to get on with my life because it prevented me from getting to my own actual emotions and working with my responses to them.

Best wishes!

When I feel myself getting over anxious, my go to is to find a place and just breathe. I focus on nothing but my breath. Realistically, I should do it every night, but I often forget. But yeah, that's my main thing to do. Over time, I've gotten better at dealing with it and remaining calmer when my anxiety is triggered.

Depression... that's another thing that I'm still trying to figure out. The meditative breathing helps some ties. I try to remember to acknowledge the emotions and not keep them inside and I try to be honest with myself and others about them... but it's hard. Really really hard.

Drugs and years of practicing stoicism. You need to discover your own technique, it's not like diabetes or sinus issues, there's not a single treatment or strategy that is effective for everyone.

Alcohol.

Just kidding. But I find that the only way to combat it - even though every day I feel like i'm fighting the idea of suicide or despair - is to push forward. To me, i'm a natural storyteller and writer, and I know it. I'm seriously invested in a Master's degree starting this year. I'm focused on knowing that there's a good chance i'm gonna be depressed sooner or later this year, and there's not much I can do about it except realize that it's a storm and comes and goes. You have to weather it. I know that what fascinates me about life and existence is great justification for pushing forward and living life rather than cutting yourself off from everything. Even though I've been single for 13 years, I recognize that that alone does not mean i'm a loser or i'm doomed to be some pathetic creature. I'm depressed to a degree even as I type this, but so are a LOT of people out there. It's not just you, amigo. We're all fighting it.

Read some Kierkegaard or something. I found that helped me out a lot actually.

I actually have a different take on psychiatric medication. While a couple of the posters in this thread are strongly opposed to psychiatric medication, I am one who supports it because if it wasn't for my meds, I wouldn't have ever gotten stabilized. Yes, some psychiatric meds are harsh on the liver, but that's not the only ones that cause the liver to release liver enzymes in the blood. Lipitor, which is a cholesterol medication, does the same thing.

I do believe that if you ever start psychiatric medication, there is no stopping it and you'll have to take it for the rest of your life. That I do believe because I've gone off of my meds before and only to find out that I felt way worst than I did before I ever started them. Some people can get by by just talking to a psychologist about their problems. It's the more severe cases that need to both counseling and medication. Keep in mind that psychiatry is a crap shoot. They have nearly 400 different kinds of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics out on the market. Each one they try you on is going to take at least 6-8 weeks to be on before they even know whether the medication is going to work for you or not. It took my psychiatrist 4 years before they found them medication that was going to work for me.

Also keep in mind that you cannot see a psychiatrist without being referred to one by a psychologist first. If a psychologist recommends that you should see a psychiatrist and explore medication for your condition, there is a reason why he or she is saying that. It can be very discouraging and disappointing going through all the different meds just trying to find out which one is going to work for you, but if you're patient and resilient to it and willing to see it through, the payoff is worth it.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS Bi-polar disorder is difficult to live with. You feel things more than anyone else does. its like waking up and someone has secretly put cocaine into your orange juice. All day, everyday your emotions change. You don't understand why, it just seems like a conversation or a situation can set off a new emotion. You try to control it but it is stronger than you. If you haven't spent anytime listening to or speaking with someone who can help you recognize your change in emotions everyday you may not understand your pain. you don't know why your concentration is broken every moment. Relationships, school and friendships are difficult to maintain because you feel isolated by your depression that keeps you hostage to your bed. I don't know what level of bi-polar disorder you are suffering from (because there are different levels) but there is relief. Find a good doctor. Don't go to a private physician, go to a hospital where they do research on bi-polar disorder.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS Bi-polar disorder is difficult to live with. You feel things more than anyone else does. its like waking up and someone has secretly put cocaine into your orange juice. All day, everyday your emotions change. You don't understand why, it just seems like a conversation or a situation can set off a new emotion. You try to control it but it is stronger than you. If you haven't spent anytime listening to or speaking with someone who can help you recognize your change in emotions everyday you may not understand your pain. you don't know why your concentration is broken every moment. Relationships, school and friendships are difficult to maintain because you feel isolated by your depression that keeps you hostage to your bed. I don't know what level of bi-polar disorder you are suffering from (because there are different levels) but there is relief. Find a good doctor. Don't go to a private physician, go to a hospital where they do research on bi-polar disorder.

Thank you. That is very sound advice. It sounds like you've educated yourself on mental health awareness. Major kudos to you! One of the things that aggravate me is there are a lot of people out there who think people who suffer from psychological disorders are weak. If something physical is wrong with you, they have sympathy and/or empathy for that. However, they just want to sweep issues like bipolar disorder under the rug and I don't understand why because it can be just as debilitating as having something physical wrong with you.

Thank you. That is very sound advice. It sounds like you've educated yourself on mental health awareness. Major kudos to you! One of the things that aggravate me is there are a lot of people out there who think people who suffer from psychological disorders are weak. If something physical is wrong with you, they have sympathy and/or empathy for that. However, they just want to sweep issues like bipolar disorder under the rug and I don't understand why because it can be just as debilitating as having something physical wrong with you.

Because you can't see a mental disorder. People see the symptoms but unless they are familiar with it, they don't understand the problem. It takes time to be able to recognize your emotional changes. It is a battle you will fight your whole life, but not alone! There are some phenomenal doctors out there who have devoted their career studying mental disorders. Therapy, psychiatry and medication management have come a long way in the past several years to improve the lives of people suffering from these diseases. You are never weak! You are a fighter because you are improving upon your self everyday. In fact I would say you fight harder because you are practicing every day! It takes of a lot of self discovery to fully grasp what you dealing with. Think of it this way, bi-polarity is the disease of geniuses!

Talking to the right people is important. I have schizophrenia and depression, I've had multiple suicide attempts. Talking to somebody trained helps, if there are help lines where you are that's a good place to start.

Because you can't see a mental disorder. People see the symptoms but unless they are familiar with it, they don't understand the problem. It takes time to be able to recognize your emotional changes. It is a battle you will fight your whole life, but not alone! There are some phenomenal doctors out there who have devoted their career studying mental disorders. Therapy, psychiatry and medication management have come a long way in the past several years to improve the lives of people suffering from these diseases. You are never weak! You are a fighter because you are improving upon your self everyday. In fact I would say you fight harder because you are practicing every day! It takes of a lot of self discovery to fully grasp what you dealing with. Think of it this way, bi-polarity is the disease of geniuses!

Gee, thanks for the input and compliment. I have heard that there were a bunch of extremely intelligent and talented people that suffer from bi-polar disorder. Ernest Hemmingway and Mozart are 2 of them that come to mind.

Talking to the right people is important. I have schizophrenia and depression, I've had multiple suicide attempts. Talking to somebody trained helps, if there are help lines where you are that's a good place to start.

Yardis, please disregard my comment in your thread you started. It sounds like you already sought out help. I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling though. Hang in there and try to be resilient for a little bit longer. It takes time. It took my psychiatrist 3-4 years before they found the right medication that works for me.

Depending on where you live there may be resources to help you with both depression and anxiety.

Try scheduling an appointment with both a psychiatrist and a psychologist (the former can prescribe medication to help curb both depression and anxiety among other things and the later focuses on non-drug based therapy).

Do not be afraid to seek help for this issue! I cannot COUNT the number of people I know or associate with who suffers from what your going through dude and that includes me! I take medications for both depression and anxiety and it truly helps me get through the day without getting an ulcer.

Also, if you are afraid you may not be able to cover the bill of either a psychiatrist and/or psychologist, there may be governmental programs that can help you afford the cost. Don't be afraid to look into getting help for it. Many people suffer from these two issues and it does not mean your sick, unwell, or a bad person. You deserve the same good, safe, and healthy quality of life as everyone else on this planet. ;) :D

(SUPER DUPER HUGS DA YARDIS) We're here for ya! If ya ever need an ear to listen we're there! (hugs)

I too have bouts of depression, mainly situational. When I'm on a downer, I am always thinking of the what if's, should have's, could have's, or why did I not do this or that. I am also plagued with the decisions I've made in my life. My last girlfriend treated me emotionally badly and that didn't help.
I do see a counsellor every so often to talk my thoughts through. I've had CBT and also hypnotherapy, and I've also taken as a herbal remedy, St John's Wort. I found that after a while of taking it, it did relax my mind a little.

I suffer from OCD, Avoidant Personality Disorder, Non verbal learning disorder. Honestly, if it wasn't for my family I would have eaten a gun a long time ago and that urge still remains today but I have to constantly fight it. I'm on medication and I'm going to try therapy again(I've tried it in the past but mental health care in my area sucks) but yeah I just sort of trudge along.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back