• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How long should a tickle story be?

MarkyisTickly

TMF Poster
I'm just wondering. Is there set rules on how long/how many pages a tickle story should have?

They're as long as they are. There's no rules. Different people want different things from different stories. Some love stories that cut to the chase, while others want a full background. Some want nothing but the main action, while others love the where's and the why's.

If you're thinking of writing a story, just write it. People may love it or may hate it. The only thing that matters is that you like it.

Also, a known curse of all writers is you'll almost never be 100% happy with anything you write, so don't expect to be!

There isn't a set number of words or paragraphs. Longer and shorter stories can be better for certain themes depending on what you write about though.

They're as long as they are. There's no rules. Different people want different things from different stories. Some love stories that cut to the chase, while others want a full background. Some want nothing but the main action, while others love the where's and the why's.

If you're thinking of writing a story, just write it. People may love it or may hate it. The only thing that matters is that you like it.

Also, a known curse of all writers is you'll almost never be 100% happy with anything you write, so don't expect to be!

I have written tickle stories. They're usually 2000-3000 words/6 pages long.

This is something that I try to consider myself when writing. I know that I will most likely NOT read a story that I think is too long, so I don't expect it of others.

Tricky to say...

MarcyisTickly,

There are definitely no rules. If it's deliberately erotic, then consider its purpose is to conjure those emotions or feelings you want to share with readers, which might mean anything from a brief vignette to a truly complex and segmented progression. Try to recognize and avoid adding extraneous material solely because you "don't think it's long enough," and likewise, to avoid skipping pertinent details or subtleties because you "think it's too long."

Last edited:
I have written tickle stories. They're usually 2000-3000 words/6 pages long.

That seems like the perfect amount to me, as while there is no set standard, a "story" in my mind would fit most comfortably between 1500-5000 words, with anything longer split up into different installments, and anything shorter more along the lines of flash fiction, but that is just the mode in which I operate as a writer.

A story is good if the content is good.
Cutting "haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa" out of a story makes it better.
Adding a little more than "he saw her, then he tickled her, then they went home" makes it better too.
Bloating or cutting the story for the sake of keeping a word count makes content worse - so don't overestimate the count.

For me personally I like to see a lot of build up and setting the scene for the tickling. Detailed descriptions about what’s happening leading up to it are great. The only time length bothers me (personally) is when it’s super short and cuts straight to the tickling OR (in the longer stories) once the tickling has gone on for awhile, all clothing is removed, there’s no more anticipation and then the tickling goes on for another few thousand words of repetition. But that’s just me.

I’d say just write the story in the detail and length that gets across what you’re trying say and in a way that excites you.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back