• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Various problems

Janga

TMF Regular
Since Tuesday I have had a variety of issues, firstly my password stopped working, I went through the process of getting a new one
delivered and that all went through, but now everytime I login the website tells me my "username or password" are invalid, and it
actually displays whjat I am typing in the password field, whereas normally that is hidden in **** , and takes me to a secondary screen,
where I repeat my details and this time I always get in, the suggestion appears to be I am being treated as a new user loggin in for
the first time, a total of 6 times now.
Another issue is when I try to send a private message and type in a name in the "users field" after typing in a couple of letters normally
it begin's to give you options e.g after typing 4 or 5 letters it will display 20-100 maybe's, that does not happen and even if I type
the name in it's entirety it then tells me the user is not recognized, but if that same user contacts me in PM, I am able to send a reply
without any problem.

Your issue sounds like a classic corrupted cookie issue.

Google how to remove the cookies the forum has placed on your system and delete them, then log back into the forum, and you'll receive new clean cookies. That should solve the issues.

All the issues you describe match this issue.

Myriads

I went in an did the CTRL SHIFT DEL and left all the ticked boxes, it came back about 2 minutes later, I logged out and back in to TMF again,
and same fiddly things occurred.
2nd time I ran CTRL SHIFT DEL it took about 10 seconds, so guessing the first time cleared some garbage, I also powered off and on, but still
all these fiddly issues occur

I'm also having the exact same login issues, cant' speak to the private messaging part though.

You need to specially remove the cookies the forum serves you, odds are they are corrupted.

Google "How do I remove cookies for Browser X on System Y" where you of course put in your browser and system types. Follow the instructions they give you to hand remove cookies. Look for any that are tagged TMF or ticklignforum and remove them. And by remove I mean delete. The log into the forum fresh, this will provide new cookies. You only get new ones if you have none.

That should solve all the issues you are describing.

Myriads

Still no joy, I am using Microsoft Edge 98% of the time to look at TMF, and that browser does not appear to allow you to "dig in" to an advanced
area where you can delete cookies by name, I tried using Chrome, same problems with my access to TMF, I even went onto another computer
and tried and still the same issues.

Ok then the next thing to check is your security settings. It's possible that you security is blocking the TMF from updating your cookies. Make an allowance in your security software to allow the TMF to do so. As always google your software type and how to allow sites thru to see how.

Myriads

Janga

Everything on my side shows your account is working fine. And all the issues you report point to a cookie issue of some sort, though it's looking to be very specific to your set up. Send me a PM and we'll try something to start to reduce the possibilities of what is going on.

Myriads

A few questions I wonder on. How do you connect to the Internet? As in via a mobile hotspot, a cable connection, through a university or other institution, and so on.

When you installed a new browser, did you see the same issue of your passwords not appearing as ***** when entered? I find that symptom to be a little bizarre and I wonder if that means you have something more nefarious going on, as in malware or a virus.

Do you happen to have access to another computer? A phone could work. If you try to log in there and experience the same issues, I would then try to log in at another source of the Internet (perhaps a cafe wireless network, although beware that they can be insecure themselves.

One additional possibility is if you have a new or updated antivirus, firewall, or other security software. Sometimes, those enable features that scan and rewrite everything as it goes to and from your computer and the outside world. That can cause problems at times.

My laptop was just updated to Windows 10 and I had the same problem logging in with any "new" browser. Even IE11 would not clear the user name box and the password showed plain text. But IE11 is the only browser that pops up a warning at the bottom for unsecured content and a button to "Show all content". Once I press the button and the page refreshes, I can log on properly.

I'm assuming this is because the forum is mixing secure & unsecure objects under HTTPS.

HTTP works for me, but with the "s" added which automatically happens when I click the link, I am getting all these issues,
so am I OK now ? as long as I change the top line ?

HTTP works for me, but with the "s" added which automatically happens when I click the link, I am getting all these issues,
so am I OK now ? as long as I change the top line ?

I know that you PM'd me, but I am replying here so others can hopefully benefit. You need to pick the one which does not cause issues (it sounds like keeping the s out is the issue?). Mixing of secure and insecure content appears to be causing problems. I doubt we will have a fix for a while (we need to find a way to get all signature images to use HTTPS, for example), but at least we may have found it. Browsers used to not care about this, but (led by Google and Chrome) it has been a problem in greater focus by all other browsers.

I just didn't want to cause any unsecure issues for anyone that I was sending messages to or TMF, but if you are saying it is OK to use http I will continue
with that little adjustment and use all as normal

It is less secure. When you log in, your password will be send unencrypted. This matters most if you are at a public internet access point (a cafe, for example) where others can surreptitiously run tools which watch what others are sending. Unfortunately, until we do a good bit of work to redo how the TMF runs, this is not going to change.

Ok thanks to Myriads - Fat Bastard - HisDivineShadow for input and investigations

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back