• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is the matter with people nowadays?

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I'll get right down to it. What is the matter with people nowadays? I went out yesterday with my mom and sister, we were in one of the local stores (I don't think it's a chain, never saw any in other towns).

Well, me and my sister were walking around, while my mom looked at clothes. We were walking back over to the clothes and we let this old man pass us, as he stepped by he actually moo'ed at us.

Now, we (my sister and I) are both overweight. So I can't tell you were he ment it for one of us, or both.

Again, I repeat. What is the matter with people nowadays? I could never imagine doing something like that to anyone.

Hi All! I'll get right down to it. What is the matter with people nowadays? I went out yesterday with my mom and sister, we were in one of the local stores (I don't think it's a chain, never saw any in other towns).

Well, me and my sister were walking around, while my mom looked at clothes. We were walking back over to the clothes and we let this old man pass us, as he stepped by he actually moo'ed at us.

Now, we (my sister and I) are both overweight. So I can't tell you were he ment it for one of us, or both.

Again, I repeat. What is the matter with people nowadays? I could never imagine doing something like that to anyone.

Pay that man no mind. There are just some mean and cruel people out there. It sounds to me since you classified him as an old man, he's probably a bitter and miserable person, which is why he was demeaning towards you. Those kind of people are that way because they feel superior when they cut someone down and make them feel inferior. You would think that someone his age would've matured by now. Unfortunately though, some people never do.

Trust me. I learned a long time ago not to give people like that man power.

In a way, I don't blame him. I blame his parents for not teaching him better as a child. I know if I had done something like that (as a kid) I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week and, that would been fare.

"What is the matter with people nowadays?"

- The exact question i've been wondering myself the last 25 - 29 years. Don't even question it...just take it in stride and know that you are, and always will be a better person than folks like that older guy.

He was clearly being an asshole. Sadly, there do seem to be more rude assholes about than there were in my youth. Best advice is, don't let them get to you. :D

What he did is a child's act. The old man totally forgot his age. What a pity!

Poor morals unfortunately. I attribute it to, in part, the deviation from more traditional values in our society that have long been the backbone of this country. Some call it "progressive", but I know it's not for the good. Very sorry you encountered that.

Hi tickle gamer
As an "old man" I agree with the forum - the guy was out of line!
So what if people are on the over wieght side, he had no business
making a remark like that to either of you.
A guy like that - just look him up and down and laugh out loud
his ego will get a swift kick in the backside...and he would deserve it!
Hold your chin up and ignore people who need to build themselves up
by hacking down others.

I attribute it to, in part, the deviation from more traditional values in our society that have long been the backbone of this country.

That's nonsense dude. The mean ugliness that tickle gamer and his family encountered on that city street from that old man has been present in our species ever since our species came down from the trees and it was certainly there even in the late 1800's/early 1900's. Granted that's no excuse for the old man to take his unhappiness out on other people.

Insecure people (I mean those generally insecure, unlike us. ...situational guys) tend to look for the easiest target. I'm heavy and the subjects people usually want to bring up are fatness or sugar intake (bullshit because I like fucking salty foods).

Anyways, not to prod, but working on it helps. Sometimes in different ways than you think. I got professional advice saying I should switch from incrementally increasing weight lifting to trying to do 100 reps on any weight. Believe it or not, it has kicked my ass! Also. ...try to obey the serving size cup.

I know it hurts being overweight and having people fuck with you but the long term effects will hurt you even more and they won't even resort to verbal insults to hurt you. Good luck man.

I was going to dive right into this but after typing it out I realized it made me sound like a grumpy old man! :facepalm:

When people say nasty or hurtful things it's usually more to do with them than with you. In other words they're angry, depressed, hurt, nihilistic maybe or just plain nasty inside which makes them lash out at other people. I think it's just part of a bigger societal problem, where people lack meaning and direction in their lives, they have nothing driving them and instead of looking inward they look outward and judge other people for their beliefs or appearance, demand that they change because they're what's wrong with the world when really the truth is that it's the other way around and they would be a lot happier if they realized it.

Not at all. Just as true today as it was then - it all comes down to values...

That's nonsense dude. The mean ugliness that tickle gamer and his family encountered on that city street from that old man has been present in our species ever since our species came down from the trees and it was certainly there even in the late 1800's/early 1900's. Granted that's no excuse for the old man to take his unhappiness out on other people.

Maybe he was mentally unstable, if he was in fact an elderly man it's possible he wasn't well.

Not at all. Just as true today as it was then - it all comes down to values...

We'll have to agree to disagree then. In my mind, "traditional values" is an failed argument. In the early 1900's in the USA, there was Jim Crow, treating women like property, and discrimination against immigrants, the poor, and the LGBT community. Those were part of the "traditional values" of the earlier generation. Each new generation has a different set of values and ethical standards and sometimes "tradition" must give way to "change".

But yeah, this old man just decided to take his immaturity and unhappiness out on other people. In short, he was a stupid jerk...and there are certainly plenty of stupid jerks in our species's history.

You're right, we'll have to disagree. In my mind, we were right to discriminate against some of those groups for sake of morality and border protection. Clearly values have morphed over time but again it's no use getting into a no-win conversation as you and I will never agree on this.

I wonder what became of the guy who made the original comment.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. In my mind, "traditional values" is an failed argument. In the early 1900's in the USA, there was Jim Crow, treating women like property, and discrimination against immigrants, the poor, and the LGBT community. Those were part of the "traditional values" of the earlier generation. Each new generation has a different set of values and ethical standards and sometimes "tradition" must give way to "change".

But yeah, this old man just decided to take his immaturity and unhappiness out on other people. In short, he was a stupid jerk...and there are certainly plenty of stupid jerks in our species's history.

Very sorry about that man, tickle gamer.

I know it makes you angry. I hate when people act like that.

Something similar happened to me today.

There was a woman riding one of those.. motorized scooters as I was quietly walking down the street across the street from my apartment.

She was.. elderly. I tried to be polite, and moved to the side to let her pass me.

The next thing I know, for no reason, she looks back, and screams at me.

"Fuck You Asshole!"., and then rode off.

I had done nothing do her to cause her to say that. I was polite, let her pass, and did not say anything to her to even remotely justify such an outburst from her.

I think both the man you encountered, and the woman who cursed at me today for no reason, are likely mentally ill.

Again, sorry that happened to you.

Mitchell, what was her deal? She had no reason to act that way especially after you offered her such courtesy. If anything she owes you an apology!

Maybe he was mentally unstable, if he was in fact an elderly man it's possible he wasn't well.

The first thing I thought when I read "moo'ed" was mental issue. That is just not a remotely normal response to much of anything except a moving crowd. The same goes for the person in the scooter.

You're right, we'll have to disagree. In my mind, we were right to discriminate against some of those groups for sake of morality and border protection.

I believe a very strong argument could be made against the taking away of civil rights in return for guaranteed security but I will respect your wish and end this debate there.

Mitchell, what was her deal? She had no reason to act that way especially after you offered her such courtesy. If anything she owes you an apology!

Another person being a jerk in order to feel better and forget their unhappiness. While I'm sorry that woman is apparently unhappy with her life (getting old does indeed suck) it's still no excuse to be a jerk to Mitchell. Still, karma can in fact come back to bite someone in the butt. I hope you have a better week Mitch. (hugs)

Last edited:
Pay that man no mind. There are just some mean and cruel people out there. It sounds to me since you classified him as an old man, he's probably a bitter and miserable person, which is why he was demeaning towards you. Those kind of people are that way because they feel superior when they cut someone down and make them feel inferior. You would think that someone his age would've matured by now. Unfortunately though, some people never do.

I agree with this person. He was probably just a mean and miserable old man :Grrr: who felt the need to put either one or both of you down.

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back