• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

(Spoilers) Game of Thrones s8e5 & finale

glorbflip

The most recent episode, The Bells, was pretty divisive among audiences. I saw a lot of people complain about it, which I kinda get, but I enjoyed it and was glad they went the direction they did, even if it could have been done better. If you guys watch the show, what do you think? Where do you see the ending going from here?

Jon Snow decides enough is enough and that breaking his oath is the right thing to do, thus growing as a character by learning that morality is more than just your Word.

He takes a stand against Danarys Targarean, but not wanting any more blood to be spilled, convinces her to put the fate of the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms into a trial by combat: Jon Snow vs Grey Worm.

Jon defeats Grey Worm in combat, but Dany does not accept the victory and, in a rage, commands Drogon to kill Jon. "Dracarys".

However, Jon also has control over the dragons as he is a Targaryean, and sticking his hand out, Drogon backs off.

As Dany goes to order the Unsullied to slaughter Jon and the rest of the Northerners, she's stabbed in the back with a dagger. She turns around to see that her attacker is none other that Tyrion Lannister, who is hurt that someone he put so much faith in could let him down so horrifically but did what he had to do to prevent her from killing more innocents. With her last words, she tells him angrily that she can see why he defended his brother so much as they both stab those they swear loyalty to in the back.

Jon takes the Iron Throne, with Tyrion has Hand of the King and Davos Seaworth as one of his advisors. He sends Drogon to live in solitude in either the Northern or Southern continents (my dad and I found an interactive map of Ice and Fire, and Westeros and Essos are only two of four major continents) as there is no place for a dragon in Westeros. He commands the Unsullied and the City Watch in King's Landing, and the Seven Kingdoms unite around him. The world knows his true lineage as both Stark and Targaryean, and his story will forever be a Song of Ice and Fire.

And then it ends with fans taking to the Internet to scream about how the writers deliberately ruined the show forever.

I swear to the gods JKB...if you just spoiled the ending of Game of Thrones for me and everyone else here on this forum...

I think the fan backlash is moronic. Happy endings dont always happen. This isnt Disney Marvel bullshit where its good guy gets a super power, suffers, almost dies, but then miraculously comes back and defeats the baddie so everyone can go home happy. GOT is actual story writing with plots and twists. I love the direction the season went.

So I must ask everyone: Between my proposed ending and the ending we received, which would you have preferred? And why?

Probably your ending jkb. I didn't hate the actual ending but the fact that Jon seemed so sad about his fate was kind of a bummer.

i respectfully disagree....yeah i was outraged at first when they sent jon back to the wall...but who exactly is going to keep him there? they lied to the unsullied and let jon go home back north to live with the wildlings which was pretty much the only time hed ever been happy...i had no problem with how they ended it

I gotta admit, I did not like the last season. It felt super rushed and plenty of mistakes were made along the way (the nigh inability to see what was going on during the battle of the Long Night, Dany's sudden decent into madness, and many MANY questions left unanswered). I have a feeling Matin's ending in to this Game of Thrones in "Dawn of Spring" may be far different and much more detailed.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back