• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Houston, Tranquility Base here.

Bugman

Verified
The Eagle has landed. On July 20 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin land on the lunar surface at 3:17 EST. After a meal and rest period Armstrong sets foot on the Moon followed shortly by Aldrin while Michael Collins orbits above in the Columbia command module. Armstrong and Aldrin spend 21 hours and 36 minutes on the Moon before lifting off to reunite with Columbia to begin the journey home.

I never cease to be amazed and humbled by the courage of the pioneers of space exploration and those that followed them, and I will never forget watching this historic event on that long ago Summer day.

Yup, my father worked for a military subcontractor that supplied NASA with everything they needed.

He literally saw them working on the fuel tank and booster rockers. I tell everyone I meet who thinks the moon landing is fake that they don't know what the bloody hell their talking about.

NASA employed some of our nation's most brilliant minds to get us there and the astronauts we've sent up at that time, before that time, and since then have all risked their lives (and have sometimes made the ultimate sacrifice) for their nation and humanity.

The Eagle has landed. On July 20 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin land on the lunar surface at 3:17 EST. After a meal and rest period Armstrong sets foot on the Moon followed shortly by Aldrin while Michael Collins orbits above in the Columbia command module. Armstrong and Aldrin spend 21 hours and 36 minutes on the Moon before lifting off to reunite with Columbia to begin the journey home.

I never cease to be amazed and humbled by the courage of the pioneers of space exploration and those that followed them, and I will never forget watching this historic event on that long ago Summer day.

I feel just the same as you :usa: These pioneers were the Christopher Colombus and Amerigo Vespucci of their time.

Yup, my father worked for a military subcontractor that supplied NASA with everything they needed.

He literally saw them working on the fuel tank and booster rockers. I tell everyone I meet who thinks the moon landing is fake that they don't know what the bloody hell their talking about.

NASA employed some of our nation's most brilliant minds to get us there and the astronauts we've sent up at that time, before that time, and since then have all risked their lives (and have sometimes made the ultimate sacrifice) for their nation and humanity.

Yeah those moon landing deniers... :sowrong: Some ignorant bully thinks (s)he knows it all because (s)he watched a couple of videos on the Internet :facepalm: We also got the Holocaust deniers, the 9/11 revisionists, the Kennedy assassination freaks... the list is endless, really :(

He literally saw them working on the fuel tank and booster rockers.

That is so cool. I can only imagine the stories he could tell.

I tell everyone I meet who thinks the moon landing is fake that they don't know what the bloody hell their talking about.

I'd say something about that but Jeff would probably take me to the TMF woodshed and dust my britches. ;)

Yeah those moon landing deniers... :sowrong: Some ignorant bully thinks (s)he knows it all because (s)he watched a couple of videos on the Internet :facepalm: We also got the Holocaust deniers, the 9/11 revisionists, the Kennedy assassination freaks... the list is endless, really :(

Don't forget the people that think school shootings (especially Sandy Hook) are staged and all of the participants are actors.

Barbershopman

I just really want to know how shocked they were when they looked at the Earth and saw it was flat :nopity:

Hard to believe that almost half a century has passed. I remember watching it on live television that summer. :D

Last edited:
Hard to believe that almost half a century has passed. I remember watching it on live television that summer. :D

My mom does too. She was 9 years old and very hopeful towards the future, she often tells us :bubbleheart:

I was alive, but only 4 months old. I wish I was older so I could have the experience of having the memory of seeing it live.

Barbershopman

The Saturn series rockets were the first vehicles that were constructed exclusively for space travel. The other boosters were ICBMS, for Mercury and Gemini. I would steal to bring back the Saturn V. The Soviets had the rushed in N1 that had 4 spectacular failures. Apollo 8, the first manned lunar mission, was motivated by the knowledge the Soviets had the N1 ready to go for a circumlunar flight. We apparently got the right German scientists after World War II, some were in the SS including Von Braun. However, I think he had no choice at the time.

We apparently got the right German scientists after World War II, some were in the SS including Von Braun. However, I think he had no choice at the time.

Ah, yeah, Operation Paperclip. In hindsight not the wisest idea as we ended up employing some Nazis that did some really heinous stuff to other human beings. It may have helped us beat the Russians to the moon as well as achieve other scientific feats but at the cost of spitting on the graves of a lot of innocent victims of the Nazis.

Don't forget the people that think school shootings (especially Sandy Hook) are staged and all of the participants are actors.

Barbershopman

I want to pummel each and every single one of those sacks of shit to within an inch of their worthless lives.

It is UNFORGIVABLE what they've done to the families of those slain children! Harassing them, bullying them, hunting them down every single time they change their identity, it's unforgivable!

The Saturn series rockets were the first vehicles that were constructed exclusively for space travel.

The Saturn V is still a marvel of engineering. They have (or had) one on display at the Johnson Space Center in Clear Lake City south of Houston. It's hard to imagine how massive they were without seeing one in person. I felt like a minnow standing next to a Blue Whale.

And guys, please let's not go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theory's. That's not the purpose of this thread.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back