• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Social Networking

Volsung

Verified
What is your social network of choice?

Kik?
Skype?
Other?

I haven't pursued this in a while, and I was thinking about getting back into it.

Thanks

I use Facebook and Instagram, as well as WhatsApp and Viber.

Just facebook, honestly. Instagram for some insta-random stuff.

I actually try to use social media less and less over time. It's destroying society.

I actually try to use social media less and less over time. It's destroying society.

I feel you. IDK, I don't meet people online anymore. The most interaction I really get is family posting on facebook.

Anyway... if any of the ladies want to get in touch... I’m on Skype as well.

Facebook, Skype, and Discord for social media.

For family and friends, they can call me or text if they need too.

It doesn't do the mental health any good to be on social media all the time, so I have tried to separate each of my accounts for specific purposes so that I dip in and out of each when I need to or want to. There are times when I find myself scrolling for no reason and checking out of habit and I hate this!!

But one thing I will say for social media, is that within the pressure it puts on us to constantly impress and create with the content that we share, it has prompted us to sometimes look around us for things that we perhaps wouldn't look for or notice otherwise. I think this particularly applies to young people and kids, who perhaps wouldn't have much interest in a hill or a lake usually, but with these sorts of things getting lots of likes on social media, they perhaps seek them out more. It's a fine balance though. You can't surrender to social media too much or it will stop you from really enjoying and appreciating a moment in the pursuit of capturing it digitally to share online. Instead, we must seek to enjoy the moment in real time, real vison (not through a camera phone) soak it up, let it sink in and then describe it passionately to the people who actually matter when we see them in person.

Facebook:
Personal pics with family/friends of days out and general occasions/holidays etc. Also seems to be the weapon of choice among musicians for networking and arranging things relating to musical shows I play for

Twitter:
Good for expressing personal views on important (or non-important) matters in real time with strangers and well known figures all over the world, thanks to its hashtag focus. I follow my favourite personalities and often tweet about TV shows/music events/sports matches while they are in progress and enjoy reading others thoughts.
I also use it for local stuff like contacting the local police and highlight the good and bad of the area in which I live.

Instagram:
Took me a while to get a handle on (no pun intended!) - I don't really follow anyone on it, but just use it to post photos that I've taken that I consider arty/creative/beautiful/#weirdandwonderful and then I just hashtag the shit out of them and see what sorta likes they get lol

Flickr:
I also use this for my best photos and for my transport photos, which wouldn't generate much interest elsewhere, but Flickr has a large membership of people interested in vintage transport.
There is also an account I found on here documenting the sites of stocks and pillories all over the UK. #useful

Instagram and discord. Used to use others, but left those accounts. I don't deactivate them in case there's an old photo or post i need to get.

It doesn't do the mental health any good to be on social media all the time, so I have tried to separate each of my accounts for specific purposes so that I dip in and out of each when I need to or want to. There are times when I find myself scrolling for no reason and checking out of habit and I hate this!!

But one thing I will say for social media, is that within the pressure it puts on us to constantly impress and create with the content that we share, it has prompted us to sometimes look around us for things that we perhaps wouldn't look for or notice otherwise. I think this particularly applies to young people and kids, who perhaps wouldn't have much interest in a hill or a lake usually, but with these sorts of things getting lots of likes on social media, they perhaps seek them out more. It's a fine balance though. You can't surrender to social media too much or it will stop you from really enjoying and appreciating a moment in the pursuit of capturing it digitally to share online. Instead, we must seek to enjoy the moment in real time, real vison (not through a camera phone) soak it up, let it sink in and then describe it passionately to the people who actually matter when we see them in person.

Agree with you and duderino. I quit most of my old social medias over time and it's done me well. I limit myself to a couple networks now so i spend less time online but can still see posts from my friends and celebs/bands i like.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back