• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fellow Beer Connoisseurs

ticklehound

3rd Level Red Feather
Hello all...

So I'm sitting here after a loooong but very satisfying day of work. I realize Nothing quite matches the taste of an ice cold beer at the end of the day. As I sit sipping a magnanimous citra hopped tropical pale ale, I wonder what other fellow cicerones would be drinking on days like this.

What's your favorite IPA? Traditional, American, Hazy, Brut?
What about sours, goses, saisons?
Any particular summer seasonals to try?

Grilling tomorrow and wondering what to pick up on the pre dinner beer run.

Best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all...

I realize Nothing quite matches the taste of an ice cold beer at the end of the day.

A-MEN TO THAT! Indeed few things match the pleasure one may experience through drinking a cold one after work :gbtoast:

What's your favorite IPA? Traditional, American, Hazy, Brut?
What about sours, goses, saisons?
Any particular summer seasonals to try?

Grilling tomorrow and wondering what to pick up on the pre dinner beer run.

Best.

Personally, my all-time favorite beer is Guinness. I absolutely love it, any time, any season, any day. However I usually drink it outside of meals, so as to better enjoy its flavor.

When I want a change, I go for an Asahi Dry; I really like its rich wheaty flavor. When I feel like something fruitier, I go for Lindemann's Framboise. I like also a white Hoegaarden, when I feel like a change. And when I go to my favorite Italian pizzeria, I often have a Moretti La Rossa along with my pizza.

Man, I feel thirsty, all of a sudden :p Good idea for a thread :goodjob:

If you think that after a day at work, nothing hits the spot like an ice cold beer,.. you need to experience it after a
day at work when your occupation is drywall. NOTHING takes the aspirin-like taste of sheetrock dust out of your
mouth like a beer.

And I tend to be a Grolsch kind of guy.

Not beer, but the best hard cider I ever had is Scrumpys! If you’re ever feeling in the mood I highly suggest it. Bright and crisp and delicious!

I'm not a huge fan of beer as I grew up drinking sweet drinks. I do like some good hard cider! :D

Olde English...

I haven't had that in a few years.

Schofferhoffer is nice too.

Schulpin (I think I spelled that OK?)

IDK man I just drink. Snootiness be damned.

I don't get it. What does that mean? :confused:

Guess it warrants my explanation.

I think people get really wrapped around the axel of wanting to drink "special" craft beers. I get it and I don't. Some people prefer IPA's or whatever. Me? I have no beer compass, so to speak. I've been to beerfests, been a social drinker, even drank "ghetto beers" (40oz malts).

So to me, it must be an esteem thing. Given that I don't care to drink much anymore (lost the taste for it vs a healthier seltzer) or go to bars much, my compass points me to price... what beer is receiving the least markup from the store to the bar? There you have Miller, pabst, etc..

So unless I'm going for something special, I'll take the regular "crap" any time I'm looking to drink socially.

Bug was pretty much on the money.

(shrugs) I guess some people like beer that has some thought, work, and soul poured into it.

It's like eating a gourmet hamburger made fresh from the grill with no frozen meat versus eating a McDonald's big mac.

Granted I'm not saying Bud, Miller (etc etc) or fast food is bad, I'm just saying some beer/food has a more pleasurable taste/sensation to consume.

Does that make them elitist or having higher standards?

But see, what you said right there... it's fundamentally (food) made from the same animals and is going to the same place, so why fight it? Human beings are attracted to salty and sweet, it is what it is.

Home cooking is home cooking and everybody's home is different.

No, your taste doesn't make you a snob, but your attitude towards the "quality" certainly could. A lot of craft beers I've tried I've felt like I'm tasting more of the barrel than the actual beer. I may as well go for alcohol volume or price in selection.

(shrugs) I guess some people like beer that has some thought, work, and soul poured into it.

It's like eating a gourmet hamburger made fresh from the grill with no frozen meat versus eating a McDonald's big mac.

Granted I'm not saying Bud, Miller (etc etc) or fast food is bad, I'm just saying some beer/food has a more pleasurable taste/sensation to consume.

I am 100% with you here, especially on the food.

But where I'd draw the line, it'd be that I wouldn't look down on the people who do enjoy the stuff that I don't like. Granted, McD is not gourmet food, it does not even compare, but it does not mean I'm gonna start having a bad opinion of the people who eat it. I know some excellent people who happen (alas!) to like drinking coke; conversely, I would not want my love (and it is love :bubbleheart:) for Guinness to make anyone think any less of me~

I like to drink European Lagers - Heineken, Stella Artois, Pironi, Kronenbourg.

:toast:

I very much enjoy trying new beers. I like to support local breweries. Sometimes I'll just buy a beer because I like the name/label design or the weird little story on the back that tells you where its name came from.

There is most certainly an element of snobbery around beer - some traditionalists who love the cask ales (Real Ale as it's called) look down on those who enjoy a keg ale, who in turn sometimes look down on those who prefer a bottle of lager. They are all different things - different taste, texture, temperature, colour and it really is about what you like.

I do try to encourage lager drinkers to try some ales and indeed to try some different lagers, as I think there's a lot more flavour and a lot less fizz in some of the lesser known lagers, such as Birra Moretti / San Miguel compared to a Fosters / Carling.
That said, sometimes you go for a cold lager because you want a refreshing drink in the sun rather than some sort of flavour experience. I rather like a Budweiser at a BBQ.

My favourite ales are Ghost Ship (pale ale, which is massive in the UK now and is the commercial flagship of its brewer (Adnams), which I'm slightly annoyed by as I was rather pleased with myself when I 'discovered' it and started introducing friends to it). Adnams also do a lovely darker ale, Broadside.
I also like a nice wheat beer, with coriander/orange peel type flavours.

Some the stuff I've tried in Wetherspoons establishments has been like drinking soapy water. I'm not sure if this is because I have chosen a beer not to my taste, of if it's because they have so many on and such cheap prices that they are not really caring too much about how the beers are being kept backstage.

After a day in the sun, or a lot of driving, or a day at work or playing sport, my fave beer to go for is a cask ale. Less gassy and softer on the palate, so goes down quickly and goes down
well - it's almost like rehydrating with water!!

Also, note the beer shown in my photo below... the only beer related to our kink that I've seen. (Although there must be one somewhere called 'Tickled Pink'). I have this bottle on permanent display at home for visitors to comment on.

Attachments

• tickle monster.jpg
    tickle monster.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 2

Does that make them elitist or having higher standards?

Yea. I agree with you. I like more flavor. And I guess I enjoy supporting local small businesses. And trying more and newer brews. Anytime I travel around the country, I always wanna try the local stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone can recommend their favorite craft beer. The big booze shop near me has a large selection but can request craft beers from elsewhere if they don't carry it.

This thread has gotten jacked by thoughts that drinking lite non-craft beer is looked down upon & people like me are snooty. Drink whatever you want. I may not like it, but In the end, it's your money and your palette. I haven't drank the "regular" beers in a while because I simply don't like it.

Salud...

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back