• >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rename The Personals

P

P50

The personals clearly are not serving their purpose; at least for the guys in the TMF; and probably not for the girls either.

The mods and management have exerted effort and time to create this resource, and it is approximately wasted as it exsits at this moment.

Suggestion: Rename the thing as a biography section; perhaps "auto-biography" if it makes others happy.

The USA sections of the personals forum are split up into four sections. We could split three of these into biographies for the male members and one for the female members.

While this isn't perfectly defined and designed in my mind like a printed circuit board, I would like to suggest some general broad possibilities.

Sections A, B, C, where,,,

[A] is for very brief (255 byte max, like the chatroom) profiles. These are for short readings

is for intermediate level introductions, maybe 2K or 4K bytes. Most people could fit a 500-to-1000 word theme in that space

[C] is the big one. Open this up to 16k bytes, even 32k or 64k. This would allow for large (five-to-ten thousand words) self-written descriptions (if anyone is that egotistical, I suppose).

The bio in [A] could have a link to the bio in and that one to [C] and whatever else works. The member's profile could then just have a link to the short bio and anyone who wants, can read as much (or as little) as the member wants to talk about himself.

That leaves one section left over.

This one will be for the Female members. Let them have whatever they want, since there are so few of them here.

By simply renaming the forums, there will be little administrative work involved. Mods correct me; but it would just be changing four text strings, wouldn't it ?

My free suggestion. Money back guarantee

I'm not sure that this would be much help. We'd have to sift through all posts in order to put them in the right category just to get rolling. Once that was done, I don't think there would be any more response than there is now.

Ann

I was thinking the biography section would be for getting an idea of someone you see elsewhere in the TMF (e.g., stories, various forums, chatroom, whatever) without the expectation of romantic interaction.

The extant threads could just be pushed on down into the stack, or (and this is a mighty big maybe) just eliminated. I am saying this ethnocentrically, I admit ahead of time; and don't want to give the impression that I'm Mr. Stomp-it-my-way.

I believe that there would be overwhelming agreement that these ads are of no value to the ones who wrote them.

A good experiement might be to answer a half-dozen of them from the 2nd or 3rd page back and see if the individuals even respond in the first place; better yet, check to see what their last connect/login date was.

Anyway, right now there is, to my knowledge, one single thread dealing with auto-biographical focus. It was popular. (Of course, it could have just been the widespread popularity and TMF-Wide friendship of the original poster of the thread which drew such a large number of responses.) In order to find a given member's auto-biography, a new member would have to know exactly where that thread exists, and then cross-reference it with the targeted member's ID, and I'm not sure how that would or wouldn't work out.

How many participants in the Personals Forum(s) feel that it is a good and effective use of their time and resources ? My feeling is that it is a tiny minority, if not zero.

Anybody else think a Biography section would be any good ?

Perhaps a better question is: would an Auto-Biography forum be a simple thing to start ?

Any user who wishes to post about themselves is free to do so in personals as part of their post. It's good to write a mini bio, so folks can get an idea of you.

Basically it's split into states/areas so people can find others near them. Sorting through a generic male or female section would be a lot of work for a person say in NYC, as most folks would be far from them.

As to it not working, thats a matter of opinion. Several people have met through the section. (Ask Mimi about it) most simply take their interactions off forum.

Individual reuslts vary. But many have had good ones.

Myriads

When I was looking for a partner, I once asked in the Tickling Disscusion if anyone had any success in the personal section. I did not recieve one positive reply, but several negative ones. So how do you define "several"

Several equals about a dozen users that I know of who have met or had extended online interaction due to personals.

Myriads

What's New

3/19/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see wjo ios meeting up when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back