• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do you like about games?

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I thought about this yesterday, but never got around to posting it.

What do you like about games?

As for me. As I've said before in other posts. My life hadn't gone so well. So. I've always liked games (video games) for a brief escape from reality.

That's one reason I get so mad when people use video games as a scapegoat.

Last edited:
For me it depends on the game, spent hundreds possibly thousands of hours playing skyrim not long after it released and yeah I'd say there was quite a lot of escapism there. It has a story you can follow plus lots of other side stories that you can get into.

Sense of achievement is a big one for me though. Not big achievements.. In warcraft for example I'd say getting a character those few steps closer to max level, or leveling a profession up a few tiers is as satisfying as say cleaning a room of the house. That kinda level of achievement.

Obviously there's the potential for significantly greater achievement in games especially online competitive ones but tbh I'm not that suited to the fast pace anymore. I can't take it seriously enough like I could 15 or so years ago.

The scapegoating I've heard about myself has always come from people at least 40 years old and with zero background of gaming. I once spoke with a lady in (I think) her late 40s, possibly early 50s, who truly believed these kids with a "gaming addiction" who spend "up to 20 hours per week" playing fortnite are playing an excessive amount of video games.

Even today if I'm alone at home I can quite happily spend 10+ hours online in just one day. I can also happily leave it alone if I have other stuff to do. Back in the 90s I also did the same sort of thing as these kids with the "problem", 20 hours a week is just shy of 3 hours a day average.

That's a problem in the eyes of the elderly-at-heart because it's video games. But ask them if they themselves have a problem with soap operas, glasses of wine and junk food and it's "don't be ridiculous". Because, you know.. Video games are just evil. And younger generations always have something wrong with them, obviously.

So yeah the escapism, the achievement, interaction with others too actually, all from the comfort of my own home here in damp Englandland.

I like story games. I'm not a movie person. But watching a good story in a video game kind of takes me away from reality.

I've never really thought about it, but I just think they are loads of fun, i enjoy diving headfirst into a new game, watching guides and increasing my competence at the game, I've just been playing since my first console N64, though I've since evolved to PC Master Race bahahah

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Typically deep story line, open world, 3rd person POV rpg, and of course, the aesthetics - like graphical interface, npc interactions, and lots....and lots..... of swords!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the "bigger" games where it takes a long time to play but sometimes I don't feel I have enough time to play them. I am trying to make more time in 2020.

I'm defo into my rpg/jrpg normally for me it's a few things:

Story, Chracters, Chracter relationship and music! It also helps me if I like the battle system aswell:D

All of the above helps to chill after a day at work :)

I'm all about stories...never really multiplayer (where I'm guaranteed I'll have my ass handed to me sooner than later). That and creativity...some mods you see on PC really get crazy. I mean, look how many ways they figured out how to make variations on HL2? You have Cinematic Mod, MMod, SMOD, etc.

Oh and I just played 3 games from the Yakuza series....I like the chance to see other cultures. You get a sense for Japanese advertising, listening to an entire script in their language (while you can read English Subtitles) and you get to kick ass. I literally haven't found many games I'm legitimately wanting to play these days after finishing up Yakuza Kiwami 2 because it was such a badass game.

Last edited:
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back