• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Timothy Zhan's Star Wars should have been the new films.

Mr. Switch

I haven't even read Zhan's books and just from what I've seen on YouTube channels like Geeks + Gamers & That Star Wars Girl (among others) they should have followed his books. I'm going to have to pick up his stuff some time.

I personally wanted a unique mixture of the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire to be honest.

Then maybe the Vong Invasion could take place in the next 3 movies afterwards.

I personally wanted a unique mixture of the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire to be honest.

Then maybe the Vong Invasion could take place in the next 3 movies afterwards.

I SO agree with this :iagree:

I do understand Disney's decision, though. On paper, it was far better to try and surprise the fans with something fresh they hadn't read nor heard about anywhere. New characters, original storyline, etc... The Expanded Universe is a bit too massive and constraining, creatively speaking, at times. That's how I approach my Star Wars RPG games: I take no account of any Star Wars continuity and storyline, but I try to make my own, with respect for the universe of course.

HOWEVER, at the very least they could have looked to them as a source of inspiration. Those were quality books, contrary to the massive turds the new films have been.

The one problem I see with the Vong invasion is that it is a bit too "generic". It makes SW look like Warhammer 40k, all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, I love the Vong; as a kid, I did feel a deep connection with this species of proud warriors with a sadistic bend. But, it departed from the very human-centric approach Star Wars originally had, in my own humble opinion, and on the big screen I think it would just become a mad dash to "destroy the evil race".

I would've happily taken pretty much anything other than what we got....seriously, Rise of Skywalker made the "Darth Jar Jar" fan theory actually seem kinda cool.

Let's be honest Ten, the Vong were freaking SINISTER! They would bring moons down upon the planets they orbit just to hear the cries of TERROR the people on the planet below would scream watching their own moon crashing down upon them. Granted, I liked what A Force Awakens was trying to accomplish. A strong female lead? Neat! A black stormtrooper turned rebel? Amazing! A Latino rebel pilot who is a worthy successor to Wedge? YES! Even if Rey was kind of a Mary Sue, I was sure she'd require training and with Luke in the 2nd movie. And then the LAST JEDI HAPPENED and EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL! Abrams had to basically make the 3rd movie into a giant APOLOGY to Star Wars fans everywhere in an attempt to undo what Rian Johnson did.

I've said it before, NEVER GET A NON-STAR WARS FAN TO DO A STAR WARS FILM/SHOW! The reason the Mandalorian kicks major amounts of ass is because it was made by fans of Star Wars!

As far as Darth Jar Jar goes Lost, I think it's officially cannon that Jar Jar dies a homeless street clown doing pratfalls for his super during the Empire era.

I SO agree with this :iagree:

I do understand Disney's decision, though. On paper, it was far better to try and surprise the fans with something fresh they hadn't read nor heard about anywhere. New characters, original storyline, etc... The Expanded Universe is a bit too massive and constraining, creatively speaking, at times. That's how I approach my Star Wars RPG games: I take no account of any Star Wars continuity and storyline, but I try to make my own, with respect for the universe of course.

HOWEVER, at the very least they could have looked to them as a source of inspiration. Those were quality books, contrary to the massive turds the new films have been.

The one problem I see with the Vong invasion is that it is a bit too "generic". It makes SW look like Warhammer 40k, all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, I love the Vong; as a kid, I did feel a deep connection with this species of proud warriors with a sadistic bend. But, it departed from the very human-centric approach Star Wars originally had, in my own humble opinion, and on the big screen I think it would just become a mad dash to "destroy the evil race".

I agree with what you're saying except for one tiny problem. We got basically none of what you said above. Nothing about the new star wars trilogy was new or fresh. For goodness sake, the entire plot of the 7th movie is basically a slightly altered copied and pasted version of the 4th movie. J.J. Abrams did basically nothing original. Another death star except bigger. Wow. Another sith, a shocking death of a beloved character. First scenes of the movie open up on a desert planet with our hero doing their thing not realizing their potential. Watch the movies side by side if you don't believe me.

Then in episode 8, it's basically a slightly less copied and pasted version of episode 5. More variation than 7, but if you read between the lines there are a lot of similarities. And then 8 brings back the emperor? Seriously? They can't even come up with their own unique bad sith lord? They have to borrow one? Come on man. The emperor is cool and all but I much rather would have seen a fresh new enemy than him again. Plus him still being alive kinda makes the original trilogy seem irrelevant and pointless to me. Everything Lucas worked so hard to tell and create was upended by Disney.

I will give it to you, we did get some new and unique characters, but other than Rey, Disney seriously failed in their character growth and development. Finn for example had so much potential. Storm trooper turned good. Had the potential to be force sensitive and a jedi, and Disney even lead us down that road but kinda left it on a cliffhanger and never came back to it. The Asian girl they were pushing to be Finn's love interest seemingly disappeared in episode 8. I'm sure there's a good reason for that (probably all the bullying she endured), but im unfamiliar with it.

I want to love the new trilogy, I really do. I'm not just sitting here trying to be a negative Nancy. But unfortunately with everything I listed above, and that's only a few of my grievances, I'll only ever view the new trilogy as a stain and a blight on the star wars series' history.

Honestly if they got some of the directors who are making these star wars TV shows like the mandalorian, for example, to direct the new trilogy, who knows? Maybe it would have been a lot better

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back