• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Holiday Thread

Best Autumn Treat: Homemade Apple Pie

Best sign of spring: women wearing flip-flops. :feets:

Well that's a huge plus...especially after 4 to 5 months or so without it. Even in a mild winter most are wearing boots.

Most Traveled Holiday: Thanksgiving

I can recall a very harsh winter when I didn't see the first woman in flip-flops until April. :eek:

Yeah...but when it starts up it's nice you see it into even October some. My friend lives in CA he's spoiled sees it all year long.

Worst Holiday of the Year: New Years Day (because all of the "holidays" are ending and most people go back to work the next day and don't have a lot of holidays afterwards. Plus the hardcore part of the winter is just starting).

Worst Holiday of the Year: New Years Day (because all of the "holidays" are ending and most people go back to work the next day and don't have a lot of holidays afterwards. Plus the hardcore part of the winter is just starting).

New Year's Day does have all those faults, as well as being a day when I might have a hangover.
But I nominate April Fools' Day as the stupidest holiday of the year. :D

New Year's Day does have all those faults, as well as being a day when I might have a hangover.
But I nominate April Fools' Day as the stupidest holiday of the year. :D
Well that's up there. I still don't know how some people fall for jokes on that day!

Holiday I Invented: "Day of Hope" (March 1)

Special "Holiday"-Like Day: February 29th (today because it only happens once every 4 years!)

When I was a kid, February 29th was called "Sadie Hawkins Day" and it was supposed to be the only day when women could propose marriage to men. :D

When I was a kid, February 29th was called "Sadie Hawkins Day" and it was supposed to be the only day when women could propose marriage to men. :D

Interesting. So if I don't get asked today I guess that I'll have to wait till February 29, 2024!

It was based on a comic strip character of that name:
In the comic strip "Li'l Abner," Sadie Hawkins was the daughter of Hekzebiah Hawkins, one of Dogpatch's earliest settlers and the "homeliest gal in all them hills". She grew frantic waiting for suitors until she reached age 35 and was still a spinster, and her father was worried about her living at home for the rest of her life. In desperation, he called together all the unmarried men of Dogpatch and declared it "Sadie Hawkins Day". A foot race was decreed with Sadie pursuing the town's eligible bachelors. She was specifically interested in a handsome boy named Adam who was already in a courtship with Theresa, whose father was the area's largest potato farmer. Unlike Sadie, Theresa had a number of courtship offers. Matrimony was the consequence of losing the foot race, so the bachelors of the town were running for their freedom.

Latest Date I ever have seen Christmas stuff out in a store: February 29th (K-Mart still has wrapping paper out 90% off as of yesterday. Crazy.)

Latest Date I ever have seen Christmas lights still up on a house: March 16th in the town where I grew up. The neighbor across the street finally took the Christmas lights and wreath off of his front door so that he could put up a big green shamrock for St. Patrick's Day.

Latest Date I ever have seen Christmas lights still up on a house: March 16th in the town where I grew up. The neighbor across the street finally took the Christmas lights and wreath off of his front door so that he could put up a big green shamrock for St. Patrick's Day.
Well make that March 1 now...the same store still has their 90% off Christmas signs. I can't believe it.
And I knew someone who said they saw their neighbor had their Christmas lights up all year. Pretty insane.

Well make that March 1 now...the same store still has their 90% off Christmas signs. I can't believe it.
And I knew someone who said they saw their neighbor had their Christmas lights up all year. Pretty insane.

If they are up all year, then I would not call them Christmas lights. I would just call them lights. :p

If they are up all year, then I would not call them Christmas lights. I would just call them lights. :p

Very true! It ruins the special feeling of it though having it up all year long.

The Weekly Holiday Nobody Likes: MONDAYS!

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back