• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Final Fantasy VII remake! Thoughts?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
What is everyone's thoughts on Square-Enix's remake of Final Fantasy VII so far?

Well. I actually haven't played it yet, but, I have big hopes for it. Although, it is a remake, and we all know that video game remakes are never as good as the originals.

The critical response seems to be overwhelmingly positive. Got a colleague who bought it day one; he loves it so much he is talking about it like he is having sex with it lol :rolleyes:

I am waiting for a drop in price to try it, not to mention I have other games I feel like playing more (including Warhammer II, wink wink), but when it goes on sale I am definitely getting it.

My first thoughts

Disclaimer: I didn't play the game. These thoughts came from watching a LP on YouTube.

First off, the good: I like the fact they've updated the graphics, and added in voice overs.

The bad (and this is possibly a deal breaker for me): They've removed the classic RPG battle system. Now, the battles resemble games like "The Bouncer"

I'm about halfway through the game judging by the chapter numbers. Ultimately, I'd have to say I like it, but there're these niggles that keep getting in my way of wholeheartedly praising it.

The characters are well flushed out and likable. Combat is fun enough. There's enough variety in the enemies to make you have to remember what tools you have available and it's there's plenty to keep you busy by swapping between characters as fits the situation.

Probably my biggest complaints: The side quests are all "Kill X" or "Talk to this person" garbage straight out of a bad MMO and the story feels padded as all get out. A lot of the new dungeons that've been added in are little more than linear pathways with puzzles that don't get much more complicated than moving a catwalk over so you can cross a gap. I unfortunately find myself feeling like a lot of the game is dragging to the point where I'll get tired of whatever plot point I'm currently on well before it's finished and by the time it's over I'm often tempted to ignore what little exploration I'm afforded in the name of finally getting to move on. Getting into a dance-off with a flamboyant host to convince him to help Cloud crossdress is funny enough for me to enjoy it anyways. The dozenth section where you're slowed to an ambling walk so you can hear characters make idle conversation? Not so much.

At the end of the day I am enjoying the game. It's just currently along the lines of one where I'll probably ignore a lot of the side content, push through the main story, and call it quits to move onto something else once I'm done.

My problem is your A.I. companions literally do nothing to help you unless you command them too.

I literally have to micromanage my entire party in real action time. Otherwise they just walk around the enemies and take hits while acting stupid.

It would be nice to set pre-set parameters that cause an A.I. controlled party member to use a ability, cast magic, etc etc.

My problem is your A.I. companions literally do nothing to help you unless you command them too.

I literally have to micromanage my entire party in real action time. Otherwise they just walk around the enemies and take hits while acting stupid.

It would be nice to set pre-set parameters that cause an A.I. controlled party member to use a ability, cast magic, etc etc.

That is really surprising for a 2020 game that was seemingly developed with such care :shock: There are many RPGs (Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind) which allow you parameter things like "if situation X arises, then do Y"; for instance : "get under 30% HP -> drink potion"

Yup, it's annoying that Tifa, Barret, Aerith, and Red XIII will only SOMETIMES do their basic attacks and will absolutely NEVER USE their special abilities or cast any magic until I tell them too.

It's VERY ANNOYING!

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back