• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Realism in bondage.

Masque

TMF Expert
Out of curiosity how much do folks care about how realistic bondage is in a fictional story.

Like sometimes I'd see the ide of the lee in a story hanging from their ankles and people would start to bring up how IRL something like that wouldn't work.

Personally I'm willing to have a little suspension of disbelief. Things like the ropes being too tight to be safe in real life, having someone restrained for days at a time with no ill effects, and the like are details I'm willing to gloss over under the idea that it's fiction. Kinda like how plenty of stories ignore details like the 'lee growing desensitized from extended tickling. It's more about the fantasy of the scenario, in many cases because it's unrealistic instead of in spite of it, than trying to write about a realistic session.

With that said, there does reach a level where it does take me out of the story. Like in the example you mentioned, having a lee hanging by their ankles makes me more go "That sounds painful" than "That seems like a good position for foot tickling" when I try to imagine it. There's a certain point of what's being written being so far outside the bounds of what I can conceptualize that my brain gets tripped up on that detail and it becomes hard for me to imagine the scene without some part of me balking at how there's something wrong with it.

I don't think it's an issue: every genre has its lacks of realism. Why don't action movie characters run out of bullets? How do monsters stay hidden in urban fantasy? If there's magic, why is everyone still using horses and carts?

Tickle fic may be a smaller genre, but still a genre, and as such it has its tropes. This just happens to be one of them.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back