• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Souls-like recommendations? or DS?

duderino84

2nd Level Orange Feather
So I got into Souls like gaming through a series called "The Surge"....it was just scientific enough it got me into the complicated nature of the combat. I played both games and haven't really played much since. Anyone else feel like this? I have the Dark Souls trilogy sitting in my steam library but wouldn't you know it I'm just apprehensive to games like that that I know I'll have equal or greater challenge.

What say you?

Aside from the actual souls games the only souls like I know is Ashen and Sekiro.

If you are familiar with souls like games then the difficulty curve shouldn't be too overwhelming. Most people regard their first souls game as being hardest due to the learning curve. After that they aren't as intimidating.

One word: Nioh. This game is a masterpiece, I absolutely adore it. You've gotta be into Japanese culture and aesthetics to properly enjoy it, and you've gotta get past a very underwhelming tutorial at the beginning. But after that, it becomes so amazing... :bubbleheart: I am shocked it is not more well-known, because it is so brilliant~

If you have a PS4, I would recommend Bloodborne as well, but Nioh is superior IMO.

Remnant: From the Ashes is pretty decent science fantasy Souls-like, though it puts emphasis on guns in it's combat. I had good time with it. In addition to main story it has "Adventures", randomly generated dungeons where you can grind for resources and loot and refight the bosses of the campaign.

I also (carefully) would suggest Outward. It's kind of a blend of traditional open ended fantasy RPG, exploration, Souls-like combat elements and survival mechanics. It allows lots of different playstyles and your gear is instrumental in making the character builds. I suggest it carefully because it's an ambitious indie game in good and bad. It's quite unique and challenging experience, but it also has technical hiccups. it lacks polish in many aspects and with it's normal price I'd say it is overpriced but might be worth checking out if you can grab in on sale.

I loved Remnant: From the Ashes myself as it was just so damn well done. The gameplay is solid and easy to get a hang of.

The only other game I can recommend would be Ghost of Tsushima (which again has solid gameplay).

The only other game I can recommend would be Ghost of Tsushima (which again has solid gameplay).

While a critical and commercial success, it is hardly a Souls-style game. From what I have seen and heard, it is more like Shadow of Mordor in a realistic (and exotic) setting. I have yet to try it, but I heard only great things about it~

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back