• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

It's normal!

Wade

TMF Master
I was just clicking around in the Cameo thread in the celebrities forum and came away from it with an unexpected takeaway: seeing all these people announcing that they're really ticklish is sort of... reassuringly normalizing.

Over the course of my adult life, people have so often acted surprised or disbelieving when they find out how ticklish I am -- like I'm a twitchy needle in a haystack of normal people. And on the infrequent occasion when I've tried tickling someone else I'd say at least half the time they turn out to be mostly unticklish. So seeing that significant ticklishness is a semi-regular phenomenon kinda-sorta makes me feel like less of a freak?

Announcing that you're ticklish is normal. Announcing that it's a sexual fetish, not so much...….

My best guess, based on the people I have personally tickled (which is quite a few) is that 80% or more (maybe 90%) of people are ticklish in at least one spot, and 50% or more are ticklish in multiple spots.

Some people are good at holding in the ticklish response, and will claim they aren't. Others, maybe you tried a spot they weren't ticklish on, but you didn't have the chance to give a full body test which may have revealed ticklishness. Or maybe they weren't feeling particularly ticklish based on their mood or other circumstance. I've definitely experienced plenty of "false negatives" so to speak. ;)

Yeah I definitely was not under the impression that ticklishness is rare. Thinking maybe that most of the people you were trying to tickle weren’t comfortable with it.

On the rare occasion that I tickle someone it's usually because they've tickled me first. So maybe some of them just have better poker faces than I do?

But more than that I was responding to the way other people often act so surprised when they find out how ticklish I am. Maybe some of them aren't habitual ticklers and assume ticklishness evaporates in adulthood -- and maybe others are just pretending to be surprised in order to tease and embarrass me.

Yes it's definitely normal. I'm a grown man and I'm also hyper ticklish everywhere

The first thing that comes to my mind when someone tells me they're ticklish, is "well, just how do you know that?"

The first thing that comes to my mind when someone tells me they're ticklish, is "well, just how do you know that?"

I know, right? Any time someone says "I'm ticklish" or "My feet are super ticklish" or "Don't, I'm so ticklish there," there's a history of tickling anecdotes behind that knowledge.

And y'know, maybe that's the other element of my observation: not only are there more ticklish people than I thought, but there are more people getting tickled than I thought. Maybe my feelings of being an outlier were not only that it seemed like other people were less ticklish than I am but also that other people just weren't getting tickled.

On the rare occasion that I tickle someone it's usually because they've tickled me first. So maybe some of them just have better poker faces than I do?

But more than that I was responding to the way other people often act so surprised when they find out how ticklish I am. Maybe some of them aren't habitual ticklers and assume ticklishness evaporates in adulthood -- and maybe others are just pretending to be surprised in order to tease and embarrass me.

If you're retaliatickling someone (that's going on chicago's secret tickle language thread) they are likely prepared to resist the sensation and hold back the laughter.

Announcing that you're ticklish is normal. Announcing that it's a sexual fetish, not so much...….
Exactly.

From my experience, people are much more likely to be ticklish in at least one spot that nowhere at all. Or at least when they try to hide their ticklishness, they can't hide it for very long.

Maybe people aren't so much surprised that I'm ticklish as they are surprised that I'm so reactive -- maybe they're accustomed to people who are better able to suppress their reactions to the tickling.

Your reactions are what make me even want to tickle you! :p I wish everyone reacted that way!

I was just clicking around in the Cameo thread in the celebrities forum and came away from it with an unexpected takeaway: seeing all these people announcing that they're really ticklish is sort of... reassuringly normalizing.

Over the course of my adult life, people have so often acted surprised or disbelieving when they find out how ticklish I am -- like I'm a twitchy needle in a haystack of normal people. And on the infrequent occasion when I've tried tickling someone else I'd say at least half the time they turn out to be mostly unticklish. So seeing that significant ticklishness is a semi-regular phenomenon kinda-sorta makes me feel like less of a freak?

I also am hyper-ticklish to the touch. Even if someone comes up and hugs me, if their fingers hit my sides, or if it is higher by the armpit, I will jump and move away. It's been a curse for me through my life because I can't hide it, it just happens. Then when it happens depending on the person doing the touching I either get an apology for it or I get tortured because of it.

Reading posts here on TMF and seeing that others are also ticklish make me feel half way normal again. At least I know it is not just me.

I have found the more someone touches me the less reactive I become, but it has to happen everyday, and I do become less reactive but still reactive to the touches. So I have come to the conclusion I need to learn to live with it and stop trying to hide it from people.

This forum has helped me with advice (some directed to me, and some directed to others) of how to deal with things.

I also am hyper-ticklish to the touch. Even if someone comes up and hugs me, if their fingers hit my sides, or if it is higher by the armpit, I will jump and move away. It's been a curse for me through my life because I can't hide it, it just happens. Then when it happens depending on the person doing the touching I either get an apology for it or I get tortured because of it.

Reading posts here on TMF and seeing that others are also ticklish make me feel half way normal again. At least I know it is not just me.

I have found the more someone touches me the less reactive I become, but it has to happen everyday, and I do become less reactive but still reactive to the touches. So I have come to the conclusion I need to learn to live with it and stop trying to hide it from people.

This forum has helped me with advice (some directed to me, and some directed to others) of how to deal with things.

I have a quick question for you plphpet, have you ever been rendered helpless and tickled?

I have a quick question for you plphpet, have you ever been rendered helpless and tickled?

Yes, all the time when I was a kid, which is why I started trying to hide it, but that never worked. Once someone found out how ticklish I was (and still am) they would hold me down and tickle me until I could no longer breathe or fight them off. Just a touch will make me jump and move away, but holding me down and tickling me continuously will render me completely helpless and always has.

Yes, all the time when I was a kid, which is why I started trying to hide it, but that never worked. Once someone found out how ticklish I was (and still am) they would hold me down and tickle me until I could no longer breathe or fight them off. Just a touch will make me jump and move away, but holding me down and tickling me continuously will render me completely helpless and always has.

I feel even more awkward because I'm a guy who's extremely ticklish usually much more so than the women I date.
Society seems to be accept, and enjoy hyper ticklish grown women, but if a guy's the same way, he's sometimes considered childish, weird or a wimp by the vanilla's

I feel even more awkward because I'm a guy who's extremely ticklish usually much more so than the women I date.
Society seems to be accept, and enjoy hyper ticklish grown women, but if a guy's the same way, he's sometimes considered childish, weird or a wimp by the vanilla's

I'm sorry that is the way society is, I wish it were different. I don't understand why society has to label everyone. It is why I don't talk about it with anyone except on this forum, or very close friends I trust not to torture me about it or with it.

So I take it that you hate to be tickled then... Just curious why you came to a tickling site. Or do you like tickling others? I'm not making fun of you, just trying to understand where your interest lies.

So I take it that you hate to be tickled then... Just curious why you came to a tickling site. Or do you like tickling others? I'm not making fun of you, just trying to understand where your interest lies.

No I don't hate being tickled, and I do understand what you are wondering about. Actually my husband helped me get used to it over the past 15 years and since he has been gone I kind of miss it. So now I am looking for someone local who I can trust to tickle me again, and not expect anything more from me than just being a ticklee (no relationship, and no sex). But that trust is going to take time to build. Not to mention finding the right person who I can connect with on a personal level. Which is why I started looking for a female ler and not a male so I don't feel the pressure of a relationship or sex being on the table.

I came back to TMF (been a member since 2003) so I can have a safe place to talk to others about tickling without being judged (and I understand that is not what you are doing) because I so far haven't found a friend around here that I can trust not to make fun of me if I bring up the subject of tickling to them. Most of my friends don't even know I am ticklish because I don't get near enough for them to find out. I read posts here and engage in some because I am looking for advice how to proceed safely, how to bring up the subject with others confidently, and to help others who may be feeling the same way I do. Being a woman in a world of human traffiking I have to be careful meeting new people online as do all women and feel safer on this forum than on other online sites.

Thank you for answering my question. And I'm sorry for your loss.

To be clear... you're seeing lots of celebrities announcing their ticklish vulnerability as non-sequitur?
I'm surprised there are more than one or two who chose to bring it up at all, regardless of whether they're ticklish. Who do you mean?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back