• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Titanic II

Masque

TMF Expert
I know these plans have been a thing since like the early 2010's but did folks here hear about how some Billionaire I think named Clive Palmer is planning to build a modern day replica of the RMS Titanic?

I'd seen some mixed responses.

Like one of the producers behind the video game Titanic: Honor & Glory said he'd probably be interested in sailing on it but some also called it an insensitive publicity stunt and a mockery to the memory of those that were lost in the Titanic disaster.

I'm only on board (no pun intended) if the ship is built by surly Irish ship builders, for the sake of accuracy.

My wife and I visited the Titanic museum while in Belfast 2yrs ago this coming August and they are still very proud of the work that went into building it. There was a man outside wearing a T-shirt with "The Titanic" in bold letters on the front and underneath in a sort of a half circle pattern it read; "It was fine when it left here". I realize that sounds like a sick joke. We also met a wonderful lady there as well who was in her mid 20's during The Troubles. She told us she never thought she would reach the age of 30 and showed us where Bloody Sunday had taken place. As a result we had the opportunity and honour to sign the Peace Wall on Shankill Rd. They have been through a lot, thus their sense of humour.

IIRC there were plans for Titanic II to sail the original planned route from Southampton to New York but I forget if that was still the case.

Whew. I thought this thread was going to say there was about to be a sequel to the hilariously shitty 90s movie, lol. At the screening I saw, the audience turned on the movie halfway through, and started heckling and roaring with laughter at it, it was one of the strangest (and greatest) movie theater experiences of my life! I don't know what's more idiotic: Kate Winslet giving the middle finger (That always happened in the Edwardian era!), or Leo DeCaprio jumping back onto the ship and getting chased by a guy with a gun. (I guess the sinking of the Titanic wasn't dramatic enough, and needed spicing up, lol.) (That was the moment that got the biggest laugh from the audience, I'll never forget it. If you closed your eyes, I swear you'd have thought you were in a comedy club).

This billionaire's vanity project is still pretty hilarious, though. And you know he's probably an nightmare to work for, throwing hissy fits. "No, no no! It's still not right!" :laughhard:

I hope the contractors milk the job for all it's worth. "Sorry Mr. Palmer, it's still not ready." "Not ready?!!!" :laughhard:

My wife and I visited the Titanic museum while in Belfast 2yrs ago this coming August and they are still very proud of the work that went into building it. There was a man outside wearing a T-shirt with "The Titanic" in bold letters on the front and underneath in a sort of a half circle pattern it read; "It was fine when it left here". I realize that sounds like a sick joke. We also met a wonderful lady there as well who was in her mid 20's during The Troubles. She told us she never thought she would reach the age of 30 and showed us where Bloody Sunday had taken place. As a result we had the opportunity and honour to sign the Peace Wall on Shankill Rd. They have been through a lot, thus their sense of humour.

My fam lived not too far from there but in the republic, right on the border. Dad has some wild stories, but dunno if he's seen the Titanic museum

Ironically in a video game I was playing one of the characters asks why anyone would want to build and sail on a replica of a ship with as ominous a past as the Titanic.

I hope he will be removing the major design flaws that caused the original to sink if he's planning on actually putting passengers on board!

I heard about this accusation before but I never heard it in detail.
What design flaws did the Titanic have?

This is a hotly debated topic, but I maintain the belief there was enough room on that floating door for both of them at the end of the movie. Therefore, for the sake of safety, the replica needs to have this clearly labeled on all the doors!

I never saw the movie (I'm more interested in seeing A Night to Remember personally) but I do know some have said Jack stood a better chance at surviving had Rose not jumped bacl onto the ship.
To quote How It Should Have Ended:
"You jumped off of a lifeboat back onto a sinking ship! Are you *insane*?!"

With the obvious flaw of the ship not breaking in two (as the ship hadn't been found when the movie was made) A Night to Remember is far and away a better movie.

The three main reasons I'm not in a hurrynto see the 1997 film are the romance plot, the claims I'd seen that when you think about it Rose is kind of a massive bitch and the fact that they actually filmed real historical moments from the sinking likebIda Strauss refusing to leave her husband Isador, Benjamin Guggenheim and his valet staying aboard while saying "We've dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen" and the infamous moment of the radio operator telling the Californian to shut up when they were giving an ice warning only to cut them from the finished product.

@FeatherFan15 If you ever get a chance to see the traveling exhibit that has a walk through experience, recreations of different parts of the ship and actual salvaged artifacts, I highly recommend it. It's an interesting, if somber, experience.

Honor & Glory was trying to be like that as well a comlete virtual recreation aiming to be as accurate to the original ship as possible.

Is that the tour where they give yoou the name of someone aboard the ship and ay the end you find out if they survived or died in the disaster?

Last edited:
This is a hotly debated topic, but I maintain the belief there was enough room on that floating door for both of them at the end of the movie. Therefore, for the sake of safety, the replica needs to have this clearly labeled on all the doors!

Hahaha, underrated comment :laughhard:

With the obvious flaw of the ship not breaking in two (as the ship hadn't been found when the movie was made) A Night to Remember is far and away a better movie.

COMPLETELY agree. Fantastic movie. There's no comparison.

I think there were stikk people arguing the ship didn't break in half until it was underneath the water,

There were multiple people suggesting the ship had broken up, and many who said it hadn't. In the end both investigations accepted it had gone down in one piece. Most people today guess they just couldn't believe the ship could have broken up.

I assume they felt the love story was necessary to get more general audiences interested.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back