Feet in a circle

The TMF is sponsored by:

Ticklish Girls In Bikinis 5 (Custom)
BFD Cannatonic Laughter Fanny vs Roxy
The Mad Tickler: Triple Tickle Distraction! (1080 wmv)
Clips4Sale Banner
Classic Clip! Brodys First Time Bound
Terra Mizu's Arms Held and Doubleteam Feather Belly Tickling HD WMV
Reina Ryder in Tickled by Strangers (WMV 1920x1080)

What's New?

7/10/2020

The TMF welcome forum has our rules, a place to say hello and more!

New from MTJ

New Yoly
Adventure!

Click here
6/26/20

Forced tickling

clips4sale.com


The largest clips store online

Honor Roll

Thank you to all of our Patrons!
Thank you all!

Xandier
waxwing
VBREF22
Vanillaphant
Tkprince
Tkle 26
Tim807
Tidas
Tickler334
Tickle Labs
The Tickle Room
The Bandito
Tenebrae
Taye
Sttklr
Straps&Laughter
Smileey
Singleandlookin
Shatelt1992
scdfres
Riboflavin
Rajee
R4j20c67
Rage
Philip_2006
Oekaki Tickles
Noneya
Nedstacey2
MTJ Publishing
Milagros317
Mchurley
Martin20
LeeAllure
Laughter_n_love
KitzelPixie
Justin Sane
Jmills
JakeArmitage99
Goddess_nemesis
4pawz
FJSLikesTickling
February7
Erotickles
DVNC
Dr_Random
Dreamingthunder
Doctor D
Docsoul
Desdemona
Darkknight
Cletus
BrightEyes1082
Airthedestoyer
Aftkler

Become a TMF Supporter

Explore the TMF

Link Us!

Link your site to the TMF. Info here

Live Camgirls!

Live Camgirls

Streaming Videos

Pic of the Week

Pic of the Week

Trivia Winner:

brad1701

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    In 2020, is vBulletins The Best Platform for TMF?

    Like many here, I grew up with the message board forums for every topic and interest group under the sun. AltaVista was the search engine, 28.8 was the connection speed, and Reddit wasn't a thing.

    In the 20-ish years since I joined the TMF, we have had at least one major overhaul of the infrastructure. Technology has leapt forward in staggering ways.

    Setting aside matters like archival content and nostalgia, is there a better way for all of us to interface?

    (Disclaimer: Not an indictment of our current system or our mods who do tons of pro bono work to keep things running smoothly. Endless gratitude for their work. This is a purely technological questions we move into a new decade.)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    8,373
    A traditional "message board" works better for me as a hub for video clips, and I feel like this board not having a Reddit style upvote/downvote system prevents opinions from being buried. There are other avenues to interact with tickle fetish communities, but I don't think the traditional forum method is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralBeatty View Post
    LOL dude. I've tickled nearly 300 women. I think I would know.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ygam
    Posts
    12,707
    Blog Entries
    4
    I think it's fine and I see how mods and admin have been constantly doing what they can to improve things.

    Maybe it's not the best, but I appreciate all we've got here at no cost to us.

    I'm unaware of any other cost effective options but I'm not super techy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    18,117
    Blog Entries
    20
    Vbulletin is definitely an out-of-date platform. And I'm hoping to save enough money this year to upgrade us to a newer forum.

    I just upgraded us to a newer server, which I felt was more important. But the next thing I'm going to try to get done is a forum upgrade.

    If you want to help, support us on patreon by the link in my signature

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,194
    Blog Entries
    4
    VBulletin has that "old" look and interface, but it's fine for me. If the moderators want to upgrade to a new platform, that's their decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Eagle View Post
    I feel like this board not having a Reddit style upvote/downvote system prevents opinions from being buried
    I also agree with this.

    ~Cinder

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by TMF Jeff View Post
    Vbulletin is definitely an out-of-date platform. And I'm hoping to save enough money this year to upgrade us to a newer forum.

    I just upgraded us to a newer server, which I felt was more important. But the next thing I'm going to try to get done is a forum upgrade.

    If you want to help, support us on patreon by the link in my signature
    In total, how much is needed to do a complete upgrade to a newer forum?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    121
    Yeah I actually quite like this place and at least on the surface it looks fine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    18,117
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by weezl View Post
    In total, how much is needed to do a complete upgrade to a newer forum?
    I'm not sure, I haven't looked into it yet. It probably depends on which one we go with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    18,117
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisatheticklee View Post
    Yeah I actually quite like this place and at least on the surface it looks fine.
    Ya, it looks ok.

    My concern is that the interface it out of date - a lot of new people can't figure out how to do attachments. And on some platforms, it doesn't work very well because it was developed so long ago.

    Also, it's not compatible with https without doing a lot of tweaking, and that's increasingly becoming an issue.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    4,119
    I know I haven't been around a lot lately, but I kind of enjoy the old school feel of the TMF. Then again, I'm also that guy who hates change and keeps a cell phone for ten years just to avoid learning a new one.

    Sherdog (the MMA site) ran the largest vBulletin forum I've ever seen for a very long time. A few years back they swapped to a platform called Xenforo, which was apparently created by a bunch of former VB developers who left. It's pretty clean looking, and it sounds like it was a relatively easy (doesn't necessarily mean outright easy) transition.

  11. #11
    I'm happy to contribute - just joined the Patreon at $10/mo, a fraction of what I spend on adult content, for a worthwhile cause.

    I'd also be interested in some funding drives and brainstorming ideas to meet financial goals for the forum, when specific targets become more apparent.

    In the interim:
    ~ Our chat functionality is a bit clunky. Do we operate a Discord/Slack?
    ~ Forum members: what are the key improvements you would like to see in terms of forum capability?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by TMF Jeff View Post
    I'm not sure, I haven't looked into it yet. It probably depends on which one we go with.
    Can you look into further and we can discuss it? I recently inherited some money and depending on how expensive it is, I'd like to completely pay for the new platform upgrade.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Straps&Laughter View Post
    ~ Our chat functionality is a bit clunky. Do we operate a Discord/Slack?
    Full disclosure: I don't use the chatroom, so most of my thinking around it comes from the position of someone who installs/maintains it but does not use.

    Slack is not really what the chatroom is for, or at least what I see it used for. Yes, you can do real-time chatting, but Slack is more of a collaborative system that, at least to me, would be geared at vBulletin replacement than anything else. I'm not sure if one can link a membership database to Slack in such a way that accounts seamlessly transfer. I am sure it is possible, but it might be an expensive, corporate-product. They also tend to charge by the user for all but the free product, which is an issue. The current chatroom has the advantage of being a wee drop-in that slides right into the forum and does its thing fairly independently but by talking well with vBulletin's database.

    We have talked about Discord. Integrating it into the TMF is a pain. One might say that is not an issue, but an absolute hard stop for us with chatrooms is that the room must mandate that the person chatting has to use their own TMF account and be linked to it. We already have issues with folks catfishing, for example, and by default (and without a lot of work) Discord does not easily integrate with an existing membership database. There have been some add-ons written where a Discord bot must be PM'd a certain code and will then transform the Discord user into their equivalent from another database, but that seems rather clunky to me. ArrowChat (what we use now) is a reasonable solution and integrates well, but I'm always looking for better chatrooms to consider. Jeff has been watching another brand whose name escapes me right now but who has delayed release of their integratable product (i.e. will link with TMF accounts), so we have not gone for them. Ideas always welcome!


    Re: forum software, we're talked about XenForo vs vBulletin 5 vs Invision PowerBoard. vB5 is the easiest path, but I've seen more bad than good about it. XenForo is well liked, but even its second version is, by the admission of fans of it, not as feature-rich as vB4 (or even vB3.8, which some greybeards consider the best forum software ever released even years later). Granted, we don't need all the features in vB4. IB I know less about, but it doesn't seem to be considered superior to either of the others. The number of internet forums on vB3.8 or vB4 is testament to how little newer offerings really have improved.
    Quote refresh required; holding pattern until such occurs established

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    France / China
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by HisDivineShadow View Post
    Full disclosure: I don't use the chatroom, so most of my thinking around it comes from the position of someone who installs/maintains it but does not use.

    Slack is not really what the chatroom is for, or at least what I see it used for. Yes, you can do real-time chatting, but Slack is more of a collaborative system that, at least to me, would be geared at vBulletin replacement than anything else. I'm not sure if one can link a membership database to Slack in such a way that accounts seamlessly transfer. I am sure it is possible, but it might be an expensive, corporate-product. They also tend to charge by the user for all but the free product, which is an issue. The current chatroom has the advantage of being a wee drop-in that slides right into the forum and does its thing fairly independently but by talking well with vBulletin's database.

    We have talked about Discord. Integrating it into the TMF is a pain. One might say that is not an issue, but an absolute hard stop for us with chatrooms is that the room must mandate that the person chatting has to use their own TMF account and be linked to it. We already have issues with folks catfishing, for example, and by default (and without a lot of work) Discord does not easily integrate with an existing membership database. There have been some add-ons written where a Discord bot must be PM'd a certain code and will then transform the Discord user into their equivalent from another database, but that seems rather clunky to me. ArrowChat (what we use now) is a reasonable solution and integrates well, but I'm always looking for better chatrooms to consider. Jeff has been watching another brand whose name escapes me right now but who has delayed release of their integratable product (i.e. will link with TMF accounts), so we have not gone for them. Ideas always welcome!


    Re: forum software, we're talked about XenForo vs vBulletin 5 vs Invision PowerBoard. vB5 is the easiest path, but I've seen more bad than good about it. XenForo is well liked, but even its second version is, by the admission of fans of it, not as feature-rich as vB4 (or even vB3.8, which some greybeards consider the best forum software ever released even years later). Granted, we don't need all the features in vB4. IB I know less about, but it doesn't seem to be considered superior to either of the others. The number of internet forums on vB3.8 or vB4 is testament to how little newer offerings really have improved.
    Thanks for this very complete explanation

    I personally like that the TMF has not changed too much. If anything, it makes me think that I have been 20 forever, and that feels good for a nostalgic type like me All kidding aside, I would rather have little tweaks like we've had so far rather than a radical change. I appreciate that you all are going through painstaking efforts to preserve the database, fight against impersonators and generally making this place worth staying at.



    Cats are known to see within the dark. Yet, if you had sight like a cat, even for one day, would you really want to see what's in the dark ?

    Click here to check 101 TMF Weekly Pictures

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •