• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I'm not a big fan of Bethesda right now

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! Sorry I've not posted in a bit, but I just had to let off some steam about what I found out about Bethesda this morning.

I was playing Skyrim, and thought I'd look for a mod for a house with a big library (for collecting all the books). Well, I got onto the mods section, only to find that about half the mods I had are no longer available.

As for now. I still have them in my game, but if I ever have to get a new XBox, or uninstall my game (for some reason), I'll have to waste days (or weeks) finding replacements (and, that's not counting the hours of downloading time).

I had finally managed to sort through all of them and had a good mixture of both gameplay and visual mods that worked reasonably well together too.

Can't you download them onto your PC for safe keeping?

I don't have a PC ATM, but I'm pretty sure that they won't let the console players do that.

I kinda wish I had a PC that I could play Skyrim on, but I don't. In fact, I never had a PC that would even come close to running a game like Skyrim.

I've heard of people storing their mods on flash drives, but, unfortunately, can't do that on console.

I don't have a PC ATM, but I'm pretty sure that they won't let the console players do that.

I kinda wish I had a PC that I could play Skyrim on, but I don't. In fact, I never had a PC that would even come close to running a game like Skyrim.

I've heard of people storing their mods on flash drives, but, unfortunately, can't do that on console.

Well, that fucking sucks.

Oh my god, I totally sympathize with you~

I never understood Bethesda's attitude towards modding :ignite: I remember a similar restriction happened to Xbox360 users during the hayday of Oblivion. Why oh why do they hate the modding community so much? Playing with mods is the best thing ever! They can extend the lifespan of a game way beyond what the developers, with their limited resources, are capable of; and they also offer quality content for free while allowing fixes to the game's problems.

Part of the reason I mostly play on PC (although I love playing games on my PS4 as well) is because of mods. I am looking forward to the release of Skywind so I can play Morrowind again :xpulcy:

Oh my god, I totally sympathize with you~

I never understood Bethesda's attitude towards modding :ignite: I remember a similar restriction happened to Xbox360 users during the hayday of Oblivion. Why oh why do they hate the modding community so much? Playing with mods is the best thing ever! They can extend the lifespan of a game way beyond what the developers, with their limited resources, are capable of; and they also offer quality content for free while allowing fixes to the game's problems.

Part of the reason I mostly play on PC (although I love playing games on my PS4 as well) is because of mods. I am looking forward to the release of Skywind so I can play Morrowind again :xpulcy:

And. the worst thing about is, the way the mod system is set up on XOne, I can't download new mods until I do a complete uninstall\reinstall of the game, and that would intel having to do an update. From what I remember (not updated Skyrim in a while), the Skyrim updates aren't little.

I've actually not played Skyrim since this happened.

It would've been a lot better if Bethesda had made it so you could download the mods to your XBox. That way you would have the option to copy them over to a memory stick.

I know what you mean. I hadn't touched Skyrim in months, until the mods came along.

And. the worst thing about is, the way the mod system is set up on XOne, I can't download new mods until I do a complete uninstall\reinstall of the game, and that would intel having to do an update. From what I remember (not updated Skyrim in a while), the Skyrim updates aren't little.

I've actually not played Skyrim since this happened.

It would've been a lot better if Bethesda had made it so you could download the mods to your XBox. That way you would have the option to copy them over to a memory stick.

I know what you mean. I hadn't touched Skyrim in months, until the mods came along.

Can't you just take the hard drive out and copy those files to your computer and then realized paste them when the update is done?

Can't you just take the hard drive out and copy those files to your computer and then realized paste them when the update is done?

I maybe could do that on PS4 (with the removable hard drive and all), but XBox doesn't have a removable hard drive. And, besides that, like I said earlier, I don't have a computer ATM.

Quick edit: plus the mods aren't even on my XBox hard drive (I don't think). I have to get online by my XBox to even see the ones I have.

I maybe could do that on PS4 (with the removable hard drive and all), but XBox doesn't have a removable hard drive. And, besides that, like I said earlier, I don't have a computer ATM.

Quick edit: plus the mods aren't even on my XBox hard drive (I don't think). I have to get online by my XBox to even see the ones I have.

Agh, fuck I forgot that. Sorry, it's been a long while.

its true, they pull stunts like this all the time sadly, i worry its because some of the mods that people create are much better than some of Bethesda's..so maybe their worried they might lose their job! Lol

I started using the mods on console, I am blown away by how amazing some of them are

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back