• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Great cover songs!

Love Aretha's version of "Long and Winding Road" (much better than her version of "Eleanor Rigby")

Here's two more really nice 70s soul versions of the song.

Cissy Houston

Melba Moore

George Michael also did a nice version of it years later. So did Billy Ocean.

Love Aretha's version of "Long and Winding Road" (much better than her version of "Eleanor Rigby")

Here's two more really nice 70s soul versions of the song.

Cissy Houston

Melba Moore

George Michael also did a nice version of it years later. So did Billy Ocean.

All great versions. :) In my opinion, George Michael came the closet to replicating the wistfulness that Paul McCartney sang with, but each of the other versions has something different to offer which give nice points of view or perspectives on the music.

Godsmack - Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh cover)

All great versions. :) In my opinion, George Michael came the closet to replicating the wistfulness that Paul McCartney sang with, but each of the other versions has something different to offer which give nice points of view or perspectives on the music.

Totally agree, each version has something to offer.

Moreso THESE three versions of "Don't Let Me Down"! One soul, one country, and one reggae.....all gorgeous, all totally unique......and interestingly, all with different ways of approaching the song. One starts with the bridge, one stars with the verse, and one starts with the chorus (which is how The Beatles did it). Check 'em out.

Donald Height

Dillard & Clark

Marcia Griffiths

Years ago, I actually compiled a FIFTY volume set of Beatles covers. Every single song they ever put out has been covered, multiple times, every single one, something no other artist can claim. And in every genre you can imagine, in every country! I'll use this thread to keep posting some of the best "nuggets" that I found, but if you want the full enchilada, email me, I'd be happy to get it to you, AlwaysLaughing. Fabulously rare, as they say! :)

Totally agree, each version has something to offer.

Moreso THESE three versions of "Don't Let Me Down"! One soul, one country, and one reggae.....all gorgeous, all totally unique......and interestingly, all with different ways of approaching the song. One starts with the bridge, one stars with the verse, and one starts with the chorus (which is how The Beatles did it). Check 'em out.

Years ago, I actually compiled a FIFTY volume set of Beatles covers. Every single song they ever put out has been covered, multiple times, every single one, something no other artist can claim. And in every genre you can imagine, in every country! I'll use this thread to keep posting some of the best "nuggets" that I found, but if you want the full enchilada, email me, I'd be happy to get it to you, AlwaysLaughing. Fabulously rare, as they say! :)

I enjoyed all three versions, thanks! Very cool stuff. I'd absolutely take that set of what you compiled. I'll send you a note about that. Fabulously rare Fab Four would be a treat indeed.

ELO....Do Ya (yes it's a Jeff Lynne song originally by his band The Move in the 70"s)

Hey so this is how you embed a youtube video so this thread isn't just a spam list

[ youtube ] video code [ / youtube ]

remove spaces

the video code is in the youtube url

for example, I'm gonna share a youtube video to a Woodie Guthrie cover by Lou Reed

the URL is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWGOwfqfOU

the video code is the series of letters/numbers after "v="

if you click the 'share' link on the video, the url is a little different

https://youtu.be/RdWGOwfqfOU

but as you can see the 'video code' is the same and appears after the last forward slash

(an even easier way is to just quote someone else's post that has embedded a video and there you can see all the html or whatever)

so anyway, here's Lou Reed covering Woodie Guthrie's "The Debt I Owe" (2011)

Joe Brown - Here Comes The Sun (Beatles cover)

Roy Redmond souls up "Good Day Sunshine" ;)

(for years, Paul McCartney cited this as his favorite cover version of any of his songs)

....and moving it out of the Beatles arena, Jane's Addiction does.....The Grateful Dead!

Jane's Addiction: Ripple (with quotes from "The Other One" and "Bird Song")

Aretha covers The Rolling Stones. I think her version blows theirs out of the water.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back