• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Computer Tech Question

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Question for my friends on the forum who are more "Tech Savvy" than me.

I posted how earlier this week I bought a pre owned desktop after my laptop died. (Certified Pre Owned is what I mean)

Unlike a laptop, which has the speakers built into the system, this computer does not have a speaker system built in to the computer itself.

Thus, I was told that I have to buy speakers for the computer and attach them.

I was advised that speakers will cost anywhere from about $25 to $100.

Of course I know that price also means sound quality

I absolutely cant spend any more than $100 on speakers. The price for this computer was a ton of money already.

As I always like to think of "Compromise" I was hoping someone could recommend a speaker brand for perhaps $50 to $75

If anyone has any thoughts or advice on what I might look into or buy, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Well, I'd need to know more about you computer. Is it Bluetooth or 5MM jack?

I honestly dont know. I'll look more into it.

Well. Actually. I misspoke. It's not a 5MM jack that's in computers, it's a 3.5MM, I should've said.

In the case of a Bluetooth system (it's rare, but I've had a computer like that), you can get cheep little Bluetooth speakers, but for the halfway decent ones, you'll be looking at spending a bit of cash.

In the, more standard, 3.5MM setup. You could use any old speakers you may have (most speakers are 3.5MM).

I posted how earlier this week I bought a pre owned desktop after my laptop died. (Certified Pre Owned is what I mean)

Unlike a laptop, which has the speakers built into the system, this computer does not have a speaker system built in to the computer itself.

I absolutely cant spend any more than $100 on speakers. The price for this computer was a ton of money already.

As I always like to think of "Compromise" I was hoping someone could recommend a speaker brand for perhaps $50 to $75

If anyone has any thoughts or advice on what I might look into or buy, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

You could look for a monitor with speakers in them. That's what I use.

Thanks

IMO you can go for cheaper ones if you don't intend to do any gaming. If you do though, I suggest you invest more because bad sound quality can really ruin a gamer's experience~

You could look for a monitor with speakers in them. That's what I use.

I've not saw a monitor with built-in speakers in years. Mich might find one at a pawn shop or maybe hit up some yard sells, but, I have a feeling they wouldn't have them at a store like Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

I just had a thought. Credit goes to TTH, for mentioning a monitor with speakers. Mitch, does your TV have a DVI or a spare HDMI slot?

I don't know your computer, but chances are you may be able to use your TV as a monitor and have built-in speakers.

I just had a thought. Credit goes to TTH, for mentioning a monitor with speakers. Mitch, does your TV have a DVI or a spare HDMI slot?

I don't know your computer, but chances are you may be able to use your TV as a monitor and have built-in speakers.

Oh Yeah! Because his computer might have an HDMI Port.

Mitch, does your computer have something that looks like this on it?

https://www.wikihow.com/images/thum...ok-Up-a-Laptop-to-a-TV-Step-1Bullet5.jpg.webp

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your post.

To answer your question, teenticklehell, no it does not look like the picture you posted.

Hi Mitch! Could you maybe post some pic's of your PC ports. That way it'd be easier to help.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back