• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Closure of the TickleTheater: Down, but Not Out

His Divine Shadow

Administrator
Some of you (judging by at least one thread) have picked up on the closure of the TT's. This was a surprise and not one to me. As some may know, I am an administrator there in addition to my role at the TMF. Unfortunately, the current host is unable to continue bearing the cost of hosting the TT. I had wondered when, not if, this day would come, and I have been thinking of what to do. The TT has many memories, a lot of history, and much to want to preserve. It opened eighteen years ago. Amazing, isn't it? The site is old enough to be a member of itself! It has outlasted many commercial websites. Think about what was famous on the internet in 2002, and look now. TT outlasted so many. And they say tickling is silly. =P

What I wondered when I pondered what might happen to the TT is how to preserve it when this day came. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to host it on its own, and I am not certain that is the best option. There is no denying that the TT has become much, much slower in recent years. It's been a long time since I had to do any moderation there. Paying a considerable sum I don't have (and there are few active staff anymore) to keep it alive and standalone is a little hard to think about at this stage.

I am exploring, with the other TMF staff, incorporating the TT's posts and media into the TMF to preserve it. This would not be meant to be the TMF taking over the TT. Instead, it would be a way to preserve important history and keep a big piece of the tickling community from fading into the ether forever. For a long time, the TT was where everyone, even people who were not regular members, would go when the TMF was down. The reverse was just as true. Many members active on TT were active on the TMF, and many artists and authors found a start in one forum before going to another. In some ways, we are two main streets in a big tickling town. Broadway and Boulevard, if you will.

Nothing is certain about the next steps yet. I am focused on saving all the files and database (thankfully, I managed to scrounge up the funds to keep the server going another month). I would love to hear folks's memories of TT. Not gone, and not forgotten. Just waiting in a cocoon to come out in a different form to live on long into the future.

I think I can speak for the entire TT staff when I saw that it has been a pleasure to help run the community for these many years. Being able to make a space where so many could share their thoughts, media, and community was a real treat. I am glad the TMF continues, and I hope to find a way to keep the TT alive in a meaningful way.

Maybe the TT members can join tmf to relive there history and all that but also meet to forums posts on here to

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

How much would it cost to keep TT afloat?

Around $300 per month, potentially more if we (as would be reasonable if the current host did not keep hosting us, as they do not intend to) have to move to a totally new host. Advertising has long paid for part of it, but there was a big degree of subsidy from our host.

Oh man, TT. I haven't been there in ages but it always felt like home. I still remember my first post and my first friend I ever made. I have made so many friends there...

I've just discovered this!

I was actually on TT before I was on here, met one of my closest friends there over a decade ago and still talk to them now. So many good folks and good memories about that place, it's a shame to see it go.

Would there be a way to save pieces of TT? Maybe the artwork section or something? I’m planning on finally kicking some tribute to the TMF, and I know much of the artwork and photos on this site was lost at one point.

Tacotheater has been anemic for a very long time. To be honest, I'm quite surprised they held on as long as they did.

I wish i knew in advance like with yahoo groups closing. I had some threads bookmarked that i wanted to save images from but never got around to it, and now i regret not just doing it then. Do you think there could be a way we could have some time to go through it before it's truly gone?

Geez that truly is sad...i use to visit the site regarly because i use to like reading the stories and anime tickling section. It was a step in my tickling road journey into exploring and finding more content on tickling which intern not only had an impact on me but also helped to shape my love for tickling. I hope something can be done to try to keep it a float! Or at least achcive the data/files.

I've always been very fond of TickleTheater -- it was the first forum where I started participating actively and it was always where I posted my stories first even after traffic there began to slow down. A very fun community.

I actually discovered and joined tickletheater first. Luckily I saved most the classic toons from there years back. A few stories ate sadly gone.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure that I've saved every story I posted over there -- I saved a lot of them, and a lot of them I reproduced over here, but some are surely lost. I'm grateful for that community -- I probably never would have started writing down and sharing my experiences if it weren't for TT.

Losing SoleTKs stories like Practickly Supergal and Practickly War is the worst part

We might be able to get some of the stories through the wayback machine....:-?

The Theater will come back in another form with (hopefully) no content lost. It just requires a few days of my time that hasn't been available yet. Rest assure that everything on the TT as of when it closed its doors has not been lost.

The Theater will come back in another form with (hopefully) no content lost. It just requires a few days of my time that hasn't been available yet. Rest assure that everything on the TT as of when it closed its doors has not been lost.

Good to hear :)

That is really good news. Just for the sake of Nostalgia and saving material from almost the pioneer days. I joined TT about the same time I joined the TMF, around 2002 I guess. It has many good memories. I used to go there regularly until about a year ago I guess. Then I would drop in once a month or so. It's sad for me to see any tickling site go off into the sunset. So many have. Sure glad we have the TMF !

Last edited:
What was the monthly cost to keep the server up?

Nevermind, I just saw the answer in the earlier post.

Would anyone be interested in pooling together to reduce this monthly cost to say $25-$50 bucks?
At $300 that would only be 6-12 people...

3 = $100 and although i could swing the full $300 that would add up to be a lot over time and also I wouldn't want to be solely responsible for it to atay afloat.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back