• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Case Against Tickling - mainstream article

I couldn't read the whole thing because of a paywall, but I felt it was mostly about taking the other person's/child's feelings into consideration. Again, I couldn't read the entirety.

Thank you, Wolf.

Now, I'm curious how this applies to the TMF if the article is directed towards parents with young children...

I'm curious how this applies to the TMF if the article is directed towards parents with young children...

Actually, there's one part that's more than a little troubling, someone relating a story when they were a minor (not concerning their parents).

I have a NYT subscription, and I was going to post the text, but again, but it might actually break the rules.

The article is about tickling kids, and how some like it, some don't, and to be aware of reading the signals so that you don't go too far. It has absolutely nothing to do with this kink whatsoever. There are people WITH this fetish who say they hated getting tickled when they were young, I know a well-known rock and roll musician who has said repeatedly over the years that he felt traumatized by getting tickled as a young kid, I've met others who have had the same experience....it's that kind of thing, it has nothing at all to do with flirting, foreplay or anything related to the kink, so please, spare the Forum the blather about the NY Times or "the Third Wave" or whatever other bullshit you've picked up from the internet to aid in your persecution complex. It's a clinical article aimed at parents, end of story.

The article itself is really old though.I remember a decade ago browsing an article just like this, and possibly the same one.

The article is about tickling kids, and how some like it, some don't, and to be aware of reading the signals so that you don't go too far. It has absolutely nothing to do with this kink whatsoever. There are people WITH this fetish who say they hated getting tickled when they were young, I know a well-known rock and roll musician who has said repeatedly over the years that he felt traumatized by getting tickled as a young kid, I've met others who have had the same experience....it's that kind of thing, it has nothing at all to do with flirting, foreplay or anything related to the kink, so please, spare the Forum the blather about the NY Times or "the Third Wave" or whatever other bullshit you've picked up from the internet to aid in your persecution complex. It's a clinical article aimed at parents, end of story.

It is a real subject of reflection, I think.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think this thread might be the internet-forum equivalent of getting crop dusted.

Just based on the way the thread was set up + his post history.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think this thread might be the internet-forum equivalent of getting crop dusted.

Just based on the way the thread was set up + his post history.

The "one and done" by the OP would tend to make me concur. Also, the "crop dusting" description made me LOL.

Not going to comment on the article as a whole, but I disagree with the below quote.

“It would not be a horrible loss in the world,” Wipfler said, “if we all let go of the tradition of tickling.”

The article is written from a mainstream viewpoint and has zero relation to us here in specific intent.

It basically is designed to call attention to parents and related adults that tickling kids might not be the 'fun and playful' experience you (the adult) think it may be for the child. It could be traumatic and so forth. So the article attempts to make the point that one might want to be mindful of that fact and behave accordingly.

It falls into the basic 'touch education' rules that we here also promote. Don't touch people without consent, be aware that they might not see your actions as 'fun, playful, or flirty. That you are doing something to another human who may have feelings about the activity that you are unaware of and those feelings might be quite negative and based in trauma.

And that is about all there is to take from it.

Be aware of what you may be causing, get outside your viewpoint and into the other persons.

Myriads

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back