• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NBA Season Reboot

Curator_Tickly

TMF Regular
Anyone else excited? It feels like this will be the most elite AAU Tournament ever! I think whoever wins this year though, will have an asterisk next to this championship. I'm sure some team will lose players to postive Covid-19 tests during the playoffs.

I'm excited for the sheer fact that it is basketball (my favorite sport), but I'm also concerned. I hope everyone there stays safe and that they continue to have a net zero of positive COVID-19 tests.

Due to their response to Hong Kong, I have given up on the NBA. I will not be watching anymore.

I'm excited for the sheer fact that it is basketball (my favorite sport), but I'm also concerned. I hope everyone there stays safe and that they continue to have a net zero of positive COVID-19 tests.

So far so good, for the most part. I think they've handled things the best thus far, along with the WNBA! Also, I'm loving the silent AAU gym feel of things.

Due to their response to Hong Kong, I have given up on the NBA. I will not be watching anymore.

Sigh, I learned exactly how much money the NBA had at risk after seeing their response to the Houston Rockets GM's comments last summer before their China excursion over the summer.

Sigh, I learned exactly how much money the NBA had at risk after seeing their response to the Houston Rockets GM's comments last summer before their China excursion over the summer.

I know I'm wandering into a bit of a political discussion, but the NBA is political these days. The NBA is not the only organization or company that has some ethical issues in regards to China; however, unlike the majority of companies, the NBA is speaking out on political issues all the time. Yet, when it came to China and Hong Kong, or the Chinese Oppression of the Uyghurs, it seemed that the NBA players claimed that they needed a doctorate in Chinese History to discuss the issue. I think it exposed them to being a bunch of hypocrites, and that is why I will no longer watch or purchase any NBA merchandise in the future.

I know I'm wandering into a bit of a political discussion, but the NBA is political these days. The NBA is not the only organization or company that has some ethical issues in regards to China; however, unlike the majority of companies, the NBA is speaking out on political issues all the time. Yet, when it came to China and Hong Kong, or the Chinese Oppression of the Uyghurs, it seemed that the NBA players claimed that they needed a doctorate in Chinese History to discuss the issue. I think it exposed them to being a bunch of hypocrites, and that is why I will no longer watch or purchase any NBA merchandise in the future.

This is your right as an American, but when big business is on the line I'm sure you'll see there's a lot of hypocrisy taking place. I mean this is America where the all mighty dollar and capitalism is king. Seems to me though, that the NBA being 70+% Black American's, they would be more concerned with Law Enforcement murdering unarmed Black Men and social injustice going on in this country for generations, more than what's happening in China. They can make far more impact here then in China.

This is your right as an American, but when big business is on the line I'm sure you'll see there's a lot of hypocrisy taking place. I mean this is America where the all mighty dollar and capitalism is king.
Sure, it is my right. Just as it is someone else's right to disagree with me or think I'm being unfair to the NBA; however, I'm just expressing my opinion and giving the reasoning behind it. Capitalism may be king, but it should never be above criticism, and Capitalism without a moral compass is simply greed.

Seems to me though, that the NBA being 70+% Black American's, they would be more concerned with Law Enforcement murdering unarmed Black Men and social injustice going on in this country for generations, more than what's happening in China.

I understand that most NBA players could relate to the racism in American society more than to the crackdown on Hong Kong protestors, and I did not expect NBA players to start wearing t-shirts demanding Hong Kong freedom or carry banners condemning the Muslim Uyghurs being sent to reeducation camps. What I found disgusting was the length the NBA would go to purposely and actively not to discuss those issues because it could hurt their bottom line. If a player had said, "Look, I am not educated on the issue, but I support freedom and democracy for all people. Therefore, I will look into the issue, and it may impact on whether I play here again." I would probably still be supporting the NBA today. Nobody came close to saying anything like that. The President of the NBA replied to the Rockets GM's comments as, "Unfortunate." Expressing support for democracy should never be considered "unfortunate." When journalists attempted to ask players questions, NBA representatives often stepped in and prevented them from answering. When journalists were able to get a player to respond, the response was one that indicated that they needed a doctorate in Chinese History to answer it. Moreover, there were tweets that alluded that Dary Morey was irresponsible because his tweet could hurt the bottom line. The suggestion that an expression supporting human freedom and dignity is wrong because it could cost you some money(and let's be honest they would still have plenty left) is morally reprehensible.

They can make far more impact here then in China.

Now, I disagree with this because the NBA is very popular in China. If they were to speak out, they could have an impact, but it also comes with some financial risk. It is easier to stay silent and not risk it.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back