• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

first song you ever heard on the radio (that you can remember)

milagros317

Verified
In a phone conversation with my brother on Sunday, he remarked that the first song he definitely remembers hearing on the radio was Mona Lisa sung by Nat King Cole in 1950 (which would make it when he was four years old).

youtube.com/watch?v=EG-A_qTAKEI

This caused me to recall that the first song I remember hearing on the radio was Oh! My PaPa sung by Eddie Fisher in 1954, when I was was four years old.

youtube.com/watch?v=6dWOsP_wly0

So tell us, what is the first song that you remember hearing, sung not by someone in your family but rather by a professional singer? (Depending on your age, it could have been on the radio, on TV, on a record player, on a hifi, on a stereo, on a tape player, on a CD, or on digital media.)

Straight Up by Paula Abdul, which came out around 1990 I think. That's the earliest memory I have of hearing a song on the radio, though I am sure there were earlier ones that I just can't recall.

When I was around like age 3-5, my dad used to wake up early on Saturdays and cook us a big breakfast with the radio playing Motown and soul music from the 60s. I think the first song I can remember is The Temptations - "My Girl." I used to think they were singin to me because they mentioned the month of May and my birthday is in May. You know how little kid logic is, makes no sense lol

The first song I remember hearing that wasn't an 'oldie' was Technotronic's "Pump Up The Jam." My older sister (8 year difference) had their audio tape.

I remember seeing Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U," Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love," and Wilson Phillips (lmfaoooo) "Hold On" videos all from 1990.

If I had to wager a guess, maybe Soul II Soul's "Back To Life" was the first radio song.

My parents always had music playing at home so I can't be certain but I think it may have been Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode. They loved their 80's music and it's quite catchy and something a child would enjoy. I might have been 4 at the time. I still like that song.

The Carpenters, "Close to You".
Oxnard, California, 1970.

"Sneaky Snake" by Tom T. Hall (1974) is the first song I vaguely remember. First one I vividly remember is "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gayle (1977).

The only one that comes to my mind is how as a kid I'd always get excited when Boogie Wonderland came on.

The first song I can ever remember really loving was "Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover"

I was six at the time.

I think it was Hey Ya! by Outkast in 2003. I was four years old.

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back