• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

In need of RPG suggestions

pacattack

TMF Master
Heyo,

When the winter months hit, I generally keep my sanity by drinking. Not good. Looking to change that.

Does anyone have any good RPG video games to suggest?

I am a big fan of the old school "sprite style" and have played:

Octopath Traveler
Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Final Fantasy Tactics (they really need to make a new one)
Skyrim
Saga Frontier
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana 2 (I forget the actual name)
Chrono Trigger
And a handful of others.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , even if not sprite style

Since you played Skyrim you'll find Fallout 4 to be similarly fun. I can't recommend the Mass Effect series enough. The Dragon Age series is also pretty good. If you have an emulator or an SNES, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is a great game to dump endless hours into.

HappyD

If you enjoy turn-based tactical combat, I would recommend Divinity: Original Sin games. Both original and sequel are great, and you can play either in any order. They tell their own stories, and 1 doesn't feel like a major downgrade in comparison to 2 even if you play it later.

You might like Evil Quest. That is, if you can find it. It was an Indie game on X360. Or. You might consider a game like Star Ocean.

If we're talking about some old school games. Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 are simply great games. Play them in that order. Also, Baldur's gate is a great series too. If you want something newer but still having a bit of that old feel to it, you might want to look into the Shadowrun series that has came out over the last 5 years or so. Great game series there as well.

Undertale is probably the most famous recent example. Turn based RPG where you have the choice of talking everybody into a peaceful solution or outright murdering them.

The Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel series are pretty close to old style RPGs. I'd recommend starting with Sky first, it both takes place first chronologically and Cold Steel is still waiting on part 4 to come out.

Persona 4 Gold came out on Steam relatively recently. Worth a shot if you've never tried the Persona series before.

Try:

Mass Effect Trilogy - don't listen to anyone who says that the third one is bad. It has its problems, but it's still the masterpiece.)
Dragon Age Trilogy - similar situation, only with two last games. Second game isn't that good, but still pretty playable.)
TES IV: Oblivion - no commentaries.
TES III: Morrowind - even less commentaries, but due the game's age and annoying combat system, it's not for everyone.

If you like old-school:

Baldur's Gate Dilogy - one of the best.
Planescape: Torment - very deep game.
Icewind Dale Dilogy (a little bit like Baldur's Gate, though it has much more action than story)

New games with old-school spirit:

Tyranny - you're not starting as a hero, quite the opposite. You're a villain, who serves even a greater villain. You can choose you're backstory and everything. Just a great game.
Pillars of Eternity Dilogy
Fallout Dilogy, maybe Fallout Tactics

That's just my recommendation.

Undertale is probably the most famous recent example. Turn based RPG where you have the choice of talking everybody into a peaceful solution or outright murdering them.

The Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel series are pretty close to old style RPGs. I'd recommend starting with Sky first, it both takes place first chronologically and Cold Steel is still waiting on part 4 to come out.

Persona 4 Gold came out on Steam relatively recently. Worth a shot if you've never tried the Persona series before.

Yes, because... everyday is great at your Junes! So, Persona 4 Gold is great if you like solving mysteries and has a great story line.

If you have a Playstation 4, hands down, Persona 5! (the art style, battle system, story..)

(I only played the Persona 5 as they've released Persona 5 Royal (P5R). I recommend going with P5R since it's new content added to the gameplay.)

OMG! You and I both love the same things dude! I LOVE OLD SCHOOL RPG'S! :D

Uhhh...okay, lemme see what I can recommend...here's some!

Legend of Dragoon
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Trials of Mana
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

That's about all I can see that you haven't played yet (at least judging from your list).

Hope this helps!

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back