• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What RPG Video Games would you like to see remade?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather

Gods I'd love to see Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Legend of Dragoon remade to be even BETTER than they already are!

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "remade". However, if I had to choose one video game I would love to see updated and overhauled, it would be the Genesis "Shadowrun" game.

This was a game ahead of it's time, allowing sandbox play and a level of freedom and customization that was almost unheard of. While they have made some good (great) recent Shadowrun games over the last 5 years or so, I would LOVE to see something more advanced, IE, Shadowrun taken to the point of GTA V. Now, the most recent game, Cyberpunk 2077 might be the best I can ever hope for, but I really do hope somebody one day advances the Shadowrun series to where it should be.

Aside from this, I would like "Alan Wake" remade into the sandbox game it was supposed to be. I'd love to see what a remade Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 could be, though I'd be a bit scared after the most recent Fallout game.

Expanded Arcanum with quality of life fixes and better combat system. As interesting as they are, time hasn't been kind to lots of western RPGs.

127579-arcanum-of-steamworks-magick-obscura-windows-front-cover.jpg

Gods I'd love to see Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Legend of Dragoon remade to be even BETTER than they already are!

Final Fantasy VII! Oh, wait... :p

I'd love to see a modern remake of Vampire, the Masquerade: Redemption with the game play of Dragon Age: Origins. I swear if I become a billionaire one day I'll open a professional gaming studio and that will be our first project :cool: And I'll hire all the original voice actors for the French version (if they are still alive by then).

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "remade". However, if I had to choose one video game I would love to see updated and overhauled, it would be the Genesis "Shadowrun" game.

This was a game ahead of it's time, allowing sandbox play and a level of freedom and customization that was almost unheard of. While they have made some good (great) recent Shadowrun games over the last 5 years or so, I would LOVE to see something more advanced, IE, Shadowrun taken to the point of GTA V. Now, the most recent game, Cyberpunk 2077 might be the best I can ever hope for, but I really do hope somebody one day advances the Shadowrun series to where it should be.

I totally see what you mean and you are right, but I have a minor objection (more of a question, really): don't you think the "teamwork" aspect of Shadowrun was better served by the tactical isometric game play of the most recent games? Think about it, if it was a GTA thing, we might lose a bit in tactical depth. One of the best things in the pen-and-paper version of the game was precisely its synergy between the characters and how they work together. I personally think that the turn-based game play of the harebrained games really did it justice.

Aside from this, I would like "Alan Wake" remade into the sandbox game it was supposed to be.

A THOUSAND yeses to this! :thumbsup:

Expanded Arcanum with quality of life fixes and better combat system. As interesting as they are, time hasn't been kind to lots of western RPGs.

View attachment 634228

And a MILLION to this! :D This one, on the other hand, would do well if it was given the "GTA treatment" Cosmo mentioned above~

I totally see what you mean and you are right, but I have a minor objection (more of a question, really): don't you think the "teamwork" aspect of Shadowrun was better served by the tactical isometric game play of the most recent games? Think about it, if it was a GTA thing, we might lose a bit in tactical depth. One of the best things in the pen-and-paper version of the game was precisely its synergy between the characters and how they work together. I personally think that the turn-based game play of the harebrained games really did it justice.

I do admit, it would be a different game in a lot of ways with this change. However, I also think they've come a long way with AI intellegence for companions. Saint's Row games, for example, have done a pretty good job of this, I think, and i imagine that they might be able to continue with this for a Shadowrun game. But, I do see what you are saying. I admit to never playing the P&P version of the game, but you're right that the most recent games use strategy and teamwork. That all said, Cyber Punk 2077 is probably about half-way to a Shadowrun game like i'm talking about, so it might give us an idea as to what they could do in the future.

A THOUSAND yeses to this!

If you're a big fan of Alan Wake, I would recommend trying a game called "Deadly Premonition". It's a very divisive game (like, litterally, it has a world record), and not super pretty, but it's a supernatural horror/murder mystery game, with a sandbox freedom. I would highly recommend giving it a try. They actually just recently made a sequel this year, for the handheld gaming (psp I think?). Just go with the original though.

I do admit, it would be a different game in a lot of ways with this change. However, I also think they've come a long way with AI intellegence for companions. Saint's Row games, for example, have done a pretty good job of this, I think, and i imagine that they might be able to continue with this for a Shadowrun game. But, I do see what you are saying. I admit to never playing the P&P version of the game, but you're right that the most recent games use strategy and teamwork. That all said, Cyber Punk 2077 is probably about half-way to a Shadowrun game like i'm talking about, so it might give us an idea as to what they could do in the future.

Well, an AI can be good, but total control and an isometric view is better when planning and executing a mission. The thing Shadowrun has and that Cyberpunk hasn't is different races, magic, highly specialized characters. While it definitely would feel good to explore a given metroplex, meeting Johnsons in bars and driving a highly customized Yamaha Rapier through the Barrens in first person, I feel we'd miss out on something by giving away the possibility to manage the team. Combat may become confusing and not all that satisfying. Like I said though it is a MINOR objection; I'd still by that game, believe me :D

If you're a big fan of Alan Wake, I would recommend trying a game called "Deadly Premonition". It's a very divisive game (like, litterally, it has a world record), and not super pretty, but it's a supernatural horror/murder mystery game, with a sandbox freedom. I would highly recommend giving it a try. They actually just recently made a sequel this year, for the handheld gaming (psp I think?). Just go with the original though.

As for Alan Wake, it is not that I am a massive fan, but I always thought it should have been a sandbox in the style of The Sinking City. Or simply like its own intro. It quickly devolved into an okay survival horror and lost my interest in the process. It could have been so much better. I always thought the same of Bioshock: I would have loved a more Deus Ex approach to it, visiting Rapture when life there was at its peak rather than when it had already fallen. It was still an amazing game that I have enjoyed tremendously, but it had the potential for being SO MUCH better, IMO.

I always wanted to give Deadly Premonition a try, but I got swamped by other, probably better games whenever I had the chance, haha :D And now that my wife is pregnant, I get even less gaming time~

This is a great question. There are very good suggestions in this thread already, namely: Dragon Age Origins and Super Mario RPG especially (for my anyways). Personally, I'd love a remake of Kotor 1 and 2 (a finished product), Dragon Age 2 (once again finished properly) and Legend of Mana 3 on SNES (only released in Japan as far as I know under the name Seiken Densetsu 3).

Personally, I'd love a remake of Kotor 1 and 2 (a finished product)...

So much agree it hurts!!! These games could be made into modern day masterpieces with relatively little polish. Just did a playthrough of Kotor 1 recently, and it's just as good now as it was in 2003.

Still holding my breath for Kotor 3 haha

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back