• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Happy Jewish New Year.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Want to wish a Very Happy Jewish New Year to all forum members who celebrate/observe it.

Happy New Year!

This is the first time I'm hearing about this holiday (grew up Irish Catholic). I could jfgi, but I'd rather ask here and get some more personal responses. Sorry if they sound stupid.

What's the story behing JNY? Why this date? What is being celebrated?

Is there any prep before hand leading up to the day?

What kinds of food do you eat on JNY?

I think that's all I got for now. :)

Happy New Year!

This is the first time I'm hearing about this holiday (grew up Irish Catholic). I could jfgi, but I'd rather ask here and get some more personal responses. Sorry if they sound stupid.

What's the story behing JNY? Why this date? What is being celebrated?

Is there any prep before hand leading up to the day?

What kinds of food do you eat on JNY?

I think that's all I got for now. :)

Rosh Hashanah (R"H for short) is considered the birthday of the world according to Jewish tradition, it is the beginning of the High Holy Day season, which includes Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. In biblical times, atonement offerings were brought to the Temple in Jerusalem, and the Old Testament gives details about the holiday as well. The holiday celebrates new beginnings as well as opportunities to do teshuvah, meaning "repentance," or "return." It means a lot of different things for a lot of different people, but for most, it's a time for reuniting with community and renewing one's relationship with Judaism and sometimes God. (many Jews are God-fearing, many are atheist, and many are in between)

Prep beforehand involves a month of self-reflection before the holiday, reading about laws and customs surrounding the holiday, and blowing a shofar, a ram's horn. My prep includes editing a holiday-related video that's encoding twice for some reason, on the eve of the holiday. It's bullshit and I hate it, but it's getting me into the spirit of the holiday by forcing me to yield to my circumstances.

Foods include apples dipped in honey for a sweet new year, round challah to signify the circular rhythm of a year, as well as any other food that might have a pun related to good fortune in the year to come.

Dexyboi is tired and ready for this holiday to actually start.

I ' m not "Jewish Educated"

However, as far as I know, chicago.

Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year.

Jewish holidays fall on different days every year..

I'm not really "Into religion" so I just know general information.

There is Jewish Calendar" but I have no real idea how it falls or why it falls on different days every year.

Most times on the Jewish New Year, families get together on the holiday for big meals. This is usually anywhere from early September to as late as early October.

About a week later., is "Yom Kippur": The day of sacrifice and "atoning for wrongs"

People are supposed to fast for 24 hours, from what is called "Kol Nidre" night before Yom Kippur until sundown on Yom Kippur.

I cant do this because I need to eat in order to take my medication. I cant do it on an empty stomach.

As for food, usually a big dinner of a lot of food happens on Jewish New Year.

For what is called the "Break Fast" which is breaking the fast after Yom Kippur ends, a family eats a big meal to finish the 24 hour fast.

On Passover, in the Spring, observant people are not supposed to eat bread or anything made with yeast for 8 days. No cake, pie, bread. etc.

I have friends who do this, but I never do.

Again only partial explanation, sorry , that is all I know.

Maybe someone else on the forum who is Jewish has a better explanation than I do.

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back