• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Beware by Connecticut - Long Island Sound, flesh-eating bacteria.

FrenzyTickles

TMF Master

Also "raw or undercooked seafood and its juices." :shock: I should've highlighted that earlier, ugh. Not that I eat it...
A friend in the area sent me this today, how lovely. I didn't know this was present so far north... Not that long ago, it probably wasn't.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-5-connecticut-long-island-sound/5793510002/

Five Connecticut residents infected with flesh-eating bacteria in Long Island Sound

N'dea Yancey-Bragg, USA TODAY Published 1:28 p.m. ET Sept. 14, 2020

Learn the signs and treatment of the rare disease "necrotizing fasciitis." USA TODAY

Five people from Connecticut were hospitalized after they contracted flesh-eating bacteria in the waters of the Long Island Sound this summer, health officials said Saturday.

Four men and one woman had pre-existing wounds or were injured during swimming, crabbing, or boating before getting Vibrio vulnificus infections in July and August, according to the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
Two patients developed infections in their bloodstream, and three suffered serious wound infections.

The infection is extremely rare. In the past 10 years only seven cases were reported in Connecticut.

"The identification of these five cases over two months is very concerning," Matthew Cartter, the state's epidemiologist for the public health department, said in a statement.

Vibrio vulnificus can cause serious illness and patients may need intensive care or limb amputation.

No deaths have been reported, but about 1 in 5 of people with this type of flesh-eating bacteria infection die, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Those who are at greatest risk are people with weakened immune systems and the elderly.

Health officials urged residents to avoid saltwater or brackish water if they have a wound or to cover the wound with a waterproof bandage and thoroughly wash it with soap and water if it could come into contract with "saltwater, brackish water, or raw or undercooked seafood and its juices."

Follow N'dea Yancey-Bragg on Twitter: @NdeaYanceyBragg

Last edited:
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back