• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How did you learn how to cook?

Ticklerguy4u

3rd Level Orange Feather
I grew up with no one teaching me. My mom or dad never taught me how to cook but I seem to be able to make basic meals. I honestly can't remember where I got that skill other then I used to watch my aunt when I was younger and I guess it stuck. How did you learn?

First, I learned by watching my mother and taking down notes. Then, after I met my wife, I did the same with her. I am aware that it is awfully cliché, but that is really how I learned :D There is always the odd cooking show or Youtube video every now and then, but 95% of the recipes I know, I learned from these two women~

I mostly taught myself, after started living on my own, and after I got fed up with tv-dinners :)

I used to cook all the time. I learned by taking note of my favorite dishes from restaurants and I looked up the recipes and experimented.

Among my favorites are:

Polenta
Braised Calamari stuffed with Scallops
Mussels Collavechio
Egg Drop Soup
Rua Man
Gieng Me Mam Tom (so delicious, but rare when I get to eat it)

However, I no longer cook for myself. I smoothie all my dishes as I've become a Vege-Fruitarian.

Watched my mom, and a ton of Food TV shows. I'm no Emril, but I can cook a mean steak.

My mentor, boss, and overall cool dude, marine that served overseas, and michelin star chef. He worked for Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, and Charlie Trotter so the advice he gave me and things he taught me are really invaluable.

Off topic (sorry!) but does anyone know how to make hard boiled eggs that are easy to remove the shells?

On topic, combination of learning from both my parents, a class in junior high, and following recipes.

My mentor, boss, and overall cool dude, marine that served overseas, and michelin star chef. He worked for Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, and Charlie Trotter so the advice he gave me and things he taught me are really invaluable.

This is awesome! I am truly impressed :toast: :thumbsup:

I had to learn by necessity. I didn’t have a lot of money when I was a teen and in my early 20s. I had to look at what I had on hand (or leftovers) and make a meal out of it. I’d love to be on the series “Chopped” because I can now make a (somewhat) edible meal out of nearly anything.

The one glaring exception was my chocolate chili.... what was I thinking?

Off topic (sorry!) but does anyone know how to make hard boiled eggs that are easy to remove the shells?

On topic, combination of learning from both my parents, a class in junior high, and following recipes.

Bring the water to a boil.
Put the eggs in for 7 - 10 minutes.
Take them off, and dump them immediately into a bowl of cold water.
The temperature difference will cause some kind of reaction that separates the shell from the flesh, and you can start peeling shortly thereafter.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back