• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The idea of tickle "slavery"

NoahSwitcher

TMF Novice
Not sure if this is a vent but I'm not sure where else to put this. So I'm a switch and I love being tickled, especially in bondage.

I see "tickle slave" thrown around a lot and I've been thinking about it. I don't like the terminology. I certainly don't look it but I'm a quarter black (mom's mom) and she remembers a time when she had to use a different water fountain and she was simply not allowed in certain places. Her grandparents and several generations before them were slaves. I just feel like that term shouldn't refer to something potentially fun and sexy.

I don't think this has a solution, I just wanted to vent because seeing that term in this context unsettles me. But I don't want to police anyone, it was just a thought and I had no better place for it.

Most people associate slavery with the enslavement of black people by mostly white people, but the institution of slavery has been with us throughout virtually all of human history. All races have had some of their people enslaved and there are people living in slavery still today. Ascribing it to something only black people have been victimized by is simply not accurate. Additionally, people use the term for other bdsm activities. There is even a slave / master D/s relationship status on Fetlife.

I don't think most enthusiasts use the term "slave."
That said, I think what matters regarding language sensitivity is intent, rather than conceivable connotations of a term that the users of it don't mean.

Most people associate slavery with the enslavement of black people by mostly white people, but the institution of slavery has been with us throughout virtually all of human history. All races have had some of their people enslaved and there are people living in slavery still today. Ascribing it to something only black people have been victimized by is simply not accurate. Additionally, people use the term for other bdsm activities. There is even a slave / master D/s relationship status on Fetlife.

This entire post has 0 bearing on what OP said...

This entire post has 0 bearing on what OP said...

Perhaps I misunderstood. It seemed that the OP associated being subjected to slavery with something that was exclusively a part of black history. :shrug:

I bolded the part of the OP that led me to think that.

I see "tickle slave" thrown around a lot and I've been thinking about it. I don't like the terminology. I certainly don't look it but I'm a quarter black (mom's mom) and she remembers a time when she had to use a different water fountain and she was simply not allowed in certain places. Her grandparents and several generations before them were slaves. I just feel like that term shouldn't refer to something potentially fun and sexy.

I don't think this has a solution, I just wanted to vent because seeing that term in this context unsettles me. But I don't want to police anyone, it was just a thought and I had no better place for it.

It seemed that the OP associated being subjected to slavery with something that was exclusively a part of black history.

Your whole post focused on the "exclusively" point. But what did the OP say that suggested they associate being subjected to slavery with something that was exclusively a part of Black history?

It would be like if you said "I've been shamed for my tickle fetish, and I want to talk about that," and then I came along and said, "Well, you know, people are shamed for all sorts of other things besides tickle fetishes." It wouldn't be factually incorrect for me to say that, but it would be kind of a weird thing for me to bring up in the context of what you had said about your feelings/wishes for the conversation, don't you think?

Is that a fair explanation of what I meant by "0 bearing"?

I think in the context of sex, especially in bdsm, everything can be a fantasy, especially something with morale background like being a slave/master.

I think that "rape fantasy" (in the context of a consent role play) could be offensive for victims of rape.
But it is still a fantasy for some.

So a guess the word slave is the good one, but, in the particular context of fantasy.

Envoyé de mon STF-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Your whole post focused on the "exclusively" point. But what did the OP say that suggested they associate being subjected to slavery with something that was exclusively a part of Black history?

The OP's post is clearly about them being uncomfortable with the use of the word slave because of it's association with historical black slavery. They didn't exclude the existence other forms of slavery but they are obviously referring to their own discomfort with the use of the word because of that association.

Sensualswitch10 is right in that many groups could express discomfort with the word's association to past or present instances of slavery (modern human trafficking and sex slavery springs to mind), since slavery has played such a huge part human history and is still a serious problem in many parts of the world. However, the word itself is far more general than any of these examples. It relates to any relation of dominance and subservience - be it mechanical, physical, psychological. This is why the word is used in BDSM - not in reference to individual instances of past or present slavery, but as a description of the power dynamic, central to BDSM.

If you had a fetish video, story or roleplay which somehow played with the idea of an African slave being tortured by a white slaver then it would clearly be offensive (and weird) but in the absence of that, it shouldn't be viewed in that way. Otherwise, you can keep going and become uncomfortable with the word 'bondage' and the use of cuffs, ropes, chains and so on. Obviously, it's a personal thing but really any of it can come to represent something deeply unpleasant if you choose to view it through that lens. In reality, most BDSM master/slave themes have far more in common with gothic novels and medieval dungeons than the slave trade.

I definitely don't care for the use of the word slavery when used as something someone could volunteer for compared to being forced into (w/o getting into the different ugly scenarios of slavery) .

Try "submissive" Some people can be more submissive or the opposite more dominate.
Could be overall personality, certain situations, could at times be either or neither and does not seem to me offensive.

I definitely don't care for the use of the word slavery when used as something someone could volunteer for compared to being forced into (w/o getting into the different ugly scenarios of slavery) .

Try "submissive" Some people can be more submissive or the opposite more dominate.
Could be overall personality, certain situations, could at times be either or neither and does not seem to me offensive.

I think that it's down to the individual and their outlook. Words can start to seem offensive once you start look at them in an offensive way. The problem with that is there's almost no limit to what you can find potentially offensive. It's true that 'submissive' has a similar meaning, but 'slave' perhaps indicates more powerlessness and says something about a relationship, which is why it's used in BDSM. It carries more emotional weight so might be more appropriate in prose, a poem, song lyric, for example. If you replace a word with a similar one, it won't always have the same impact and ultimately, we shouldn't allow a word to only represent one instance of something.

I think if I had someone to tickle exclusively I would call them my tickle "toy" rather than "slave". Has a better ring to it! More playful.

If, if, if.

A more accurately phrased question is 'Does anyone who's actually playing/doing whatever find whatever terms for it offensive?'

The biggest problem with questions like this are the incel theoreticians thought-policing those capable of functioning IRL.

Any other couples just having fun?

This is silly to even post about. You don't have to like the terminology, but don't try to push your views onto others. This is the term and people will use it as they see fit. If you don't like it, don't really know what to tell you. It is what it is.

This is silly to even post about. You don't have to like the terminology, but don't try to push your views onto others. This is the term and people will use it as they see fit. If you don't like it, don't really know what to tell you. It is what it is.

If this is silly to post about it is even more silly to take the time comment on it.
Unless by silly you mean you do not agree.
The OP said it was a term that bothers him but doesn't appear to be pushing his view on you or anyone else.
If you really though it was silly, you could have just moved on w/o comment.
I suspect you thought this was an opportunity to not only disagree but start an argument.
If I am wrong and it's silly then it I guess you will move on.
We'll see if you take the opportunity to prove me wrong.

I like that "slave" is used in a completely different and more positive connotation. Instead of trying to police the word (not saying OP was doing this), changing what we associate with it seems like a better way to go. The terms Master and Slave are pretty big in the entire BDSM/kink community and aren't going anywhere so I guess the point is moot but still.

Yep....i agree at least 189% worth with this post....about as straight forward and right to the point as anyone could possibly be. I learned long ago to never take on arguments that you know for certain you can't win....and this one has absolutely no chance.

If you don’t like someone that uses a certain terminology you can always ignore them.......:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back