• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Congratulations to the 2020 NL Champion LA Dodgers.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I want to be classy about this.

Congratulations to my good friend milagros 317, and to the 2020 NL Champion LA Dodgers.

As those who follow baseball , and those who know me are aware.

I'm a big Atlanta Braves fan.

Tonight, the Dodgers won the NL Championship with a 4-3 win over the Braves in Game Seven of the NLCS.

The Braves had a three game to one lead in this series, before the Dodgers came back to win three games in a row.

As a Braves fan, I have two emotions.

The Braves had a very good season. They played a very difficult Dodger team, that is probably better than the Braves, with some of the Braves top starting pitchers lost to injury.

Of course, with the Braves having a three game to one lead, and losing three games in a row, it is frustrating.

I think the Braves will have a good team for a long time to come.

If they come back healthy next year, and make a few upgrades.

They have a good chance to win a World Championship not long off.

As for now. I reflect on a good season, and what might have been.

A columnist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Mark Bradley, who is usually very negative, said

"The 2020 Braves did us (Their fans) proud"

I want to be classy about this.

Congratulations to my good friend milagros 317, and to the 2020 NL Champion LA Dodgers.

As those who follow baseball , and those who know me are aware.

I'm a big Atlanta Braves fan.

Tonight, the Dodgers won the NL Championship with a 4-3 win over the Braves in Game Seven of the NLCS.

The Braves had a three game to one lead in this series, before the Dodgers came back to win three games in a row.

As a Braves fan, I have two emotions.

The Braves had a very good season. They played a very difficult Dodger team, that is probably better than the Braves, with some of the Braves top starting pitchers lost to injury.

Of course, with the Braves having a three game to one lead, and losing three games in a row, it is frustrating.

I think the Braves will have a good team for a long time to come.

If they come back healthy next year, and make a few upgrades.

They have a good chance to win a World Championship not long off.

As for now. I reflect on a good season, and what might have been.

Thank you, my friend. That is most gracious of you. :D
The Braves are a young team and will be back, more experienced and improved, in 2021.

Man what a series! As a Braves fan it obviously stings a bit, but what can you do? The Dodgers are an incredible team and seem like a pretty likable bunch with a really good manager (a man who knows a few things about Game 7.) I think back to the 2018 NLDS when it felt like the Braves were just happy to be in the playoffs and now they went toe to toe with the best team in the league. I have a feeling The Braves and Dodgers will be a fun National League rivalry for years to come.

One side note about the series. I really enjoyed the commentary. With a Hall of Fame pitcher like John Smoltz in the booth it would have been easy to relegate him to the "former player" role and just let him share anecdotes and his perpesctive as a player (they hardly referenced any of Smoltz playoff experience.) But he and Joe Buck seemed to stick mostly to the situations at hand and Smoltz provided some very technical breakdowns that were fun to listen to. Joe Davis did a nice job during Game 7 as well.

The commentary was pretty good.

Some of the Braves fans found Joe Buck to be annoying.

While I did not watch the ALCS closely.

Both series were classics.

Rays were up three games to none, Astros won three games in a row, and Rays won Game 7.

Which leaves the 2004 NY Yankees as the only baseball team to ever blow a three game to none lead in a baseball playoff series., and to lose the series four games to three, as the Yankees lost four games in a row, after being up 3-0

The 2016 Cleveland Indians blew a three game to one lead in the World Series.

Its happened a couple of times in the NBA as well.

Eh, it hurts. I'll be over it in a day or so.

Last edited:
At least one other team blew a lead of three games to one to lose a World Series: The 1979 Orioles against the Pirates. In fact, over games 5,6, and 7 that year, the Orioles only scored a total of 2 runs. :eek:

I've been coughing a lot today, and my throat is a bit hoarse

I feel fine, but I confess, I got a little carried away, and spent much of the last seven days screaming at the TV during this series.

Now, with the Braves finished until 2021, my voice can get a nice long rest.

(Depending on what happens in the election lol)

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back