• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Very sad news for Jeopardy fans

Barbershopman

TMF Master
If you are even a sometime fan of Jeopardy, you know of Alex Trebek's two-year battle with pancreatic cancer. He lost that fight today and died at 80.

Trebek started hosting Jeopardy in 1984, and I started watching in college in 1987. I was there for the all of the Tournament of Champions, the College and Teachers tournaments, and even some of the teen tournaments.

I saw, live, most of Ken Jennings run, James Holzhauer's run, the million dollar challenge with Jennings, Holzhauer, and Brad Rutter, and even Jennings and Rutter's clash with IBMs Watson.

To me, there will never be anyone even close to being able to host Jeopardy other than Alex. He was able to read clues flawlessly and when it came to needed accents, he was the master. He spoke fluent French, nailed such accents as Russian, Romanian, and any other accent that was required. He was the consummate professional.

My heart aches today for the loss of a great game announcer, and even a greater human being. RIP Alex Trebek.

Barbershopman

The passing of a legend.

I'm very saddened.

R.I.P. Mr Trabek

My favorite game show ever. Rhino and I can get pretty competitive about it sometimes lol

What a brave guy, facing the illness he was and still doing his thing.

In mid-1970s Toronto, Alex Trebek used to host a high school quiz show that aired over the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation called "Reach For The Top". Competing teams consisted of four players per side.

I recall the questions for one round were concerned with ships, three of the questions being 'What was the name of Captain Cook's ship?', 'What was the name of the ship in Treasure Island?', and 'What was the name of the ship in Moby-Dick?'

'Endeavour', 'Hispaniola', and 'Pequod', I replied, and Alex grinned and asked me if I was having fun.

That was one of my first times appearing on camera, and even if my team never progressed very far in either of the two years I appeared on that show, I'm proud to have shared a screen with Alex Trebek.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back