• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

More bad news about my dog :(

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
A couple of weeks ago my dog had a benign lump removed from her vulva. This morning she started bleeding from that area so I assumed it was the incision.

But instead, she has a very large tumor just inside her that wasn't there two weeks ago. The doctor said it's probably cancerous and could be life threatening. They're going to remove it tomorrow and she may need radiation treatment.

I'm completely freaking out right now. I lost my dad four months ago - I don't know what I'll do if I lose my dog too.

I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope you get some good news soon and that Blossom isn't in too much pain <3

A couple of weeks ago my dog had a benign lump removed from her vulva. This morning she started bleeding from that area so I assumed it was the incision.

But instead, she has a very large tumor just inside her that wasn't there two weeks ago. The doctor said it's probably cancerous and could be life threatening. They're going to remove it tomorrow and she may need radiation treatment.

I'm completely freaking out right now. I lost my dad four months ago - I don't know what I'll do if I lose my dog too.

Sorry to hear that Jeff, it's always horrible to get that news. My dog has just had two lumps removed, one of which turned out to be cancerous but so far she seems to be doing well - I wish the best for yours too.

Sorry to hear that Jeff, it's always horrible to get that news. My dog has just had two lumps removed, one of which turned out to be cancerous but so far she seems to be doing well - I wish the best for yours too.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone!

And thanks for this turtle, it makes me feel a lot better that yours is doing well so far. I hope that continues!

So sorry about this, Jeff.

My thoughts , prayers and best wishes for the best possible outcome.

Hopefully they will remove the tumor and she will be okay.

Take care

I rarely have much going on these days so if you need a distraction or to talk or anything, I'm here.

Very sorry to hear about your dog Jeff. Our Border Collie had a cancerous tumor inside his mouth last year. The Vet was able to remove it completely and no radiation was required. He has been fine since then. Hopefully the outcome will be the same for your dog as well. Take care.

Wishing the best for your dog. I know from experience how scary it is to deal with pet cancer. I hope the procedure today goes/went well and that she will be fine.

So she had her surgery today and the doctor said it went well, but it was a much larger and more complicated procedure than he expected and he wants to hold onto her until at least Wednesday. He said he thinks he got all of the tumor but because of how it looked he wouldn't be surprised if another one comes along. I'm worried, but trying to stay optimistic.

I hate not having her with me, though. She was a rescue that I adopted ten years ago. She'd been a breeder in a puppy mill which is a horrible life. And since then, she's pretty much never been more than ten feet from me. When I work, she sleeps on the chair next to me and when I go to bed, she curls up under the covers pressed against my hip.

Five days apart might as well be a million years, especially for her since we can't explain the situation to her. I put her blanket under my shirt for an hour to get it smelling like me, and dropped it off so she can have it in the cage with her. But this really sucks.

I am terribly sorry. I can barely imagine how hard it must be :(

Best wishes, hope she will be alright and you will be reunited soon~

Jeff, I hope and pray that they got all the tumor and that your dog recovers fully.

My best thoughts are with you both.

Ugh, how scary. I really hope there is a positive outcome. Thanks for keeping us posted.

I'm so sorry you have to go through such a rough circumstance. Positive energy to you and the dog as well. Here's hoping she'll pull through!

I'm so sorry Jeff. This is the nightmare that every dog owner has running through their mind and never wants to go through.

Your in our thoughts and our prayers dude.

Jeff,

I'm so sorry the two of you are going through such a rough time. I will be thinking of you both and hoping for the best outcome.

Jim

Hoping for the best for both of you; she’s lucky that you gave her a better life, and that you’re there to keep fighting for her.

Thanks for the support everyone, it really has made a difference, being able to share with you guys and receive your positive thoughts and prayers.

Her doctor just called and said so far she's doing well, but she probably won't be home until Wednesday. I'm going to go visit her in a half hour or so and bring her a new blanket. When I last saw her Saturday I took her favorite blanket and shoved it under my shirt for an hour so it would smell like me, and left it with her. I'm doing the same thing now with her second-favorite, and I'm going to switch them out when I see her.

Cautiously optimistic, at least for the short term.

It's good to hear things are looking a little brighter and I'm sure she'll be so happy to see you and get another Jeff-Blanket. She's one of the sweetest animals ever and I'm rooting for you guys. Please don't hesitate to keep posting here to vent, talk, whatever. We're here for you. <3

So sorry man..I broke down hard when I lost mine years ago..I hope for all the best

One of the most important lessons I ever learned in this life is -- "you can only control what you can control."

Not minimizing or invalidating anything, and I am well aware that there is no "off" switch for pain and anxiety, but scary as it may be at first, it can be strangely comforting and peaceful when you realize and accept that some things are just out of your hands.

Not to be too heavy, but, as a child I was forced to watch a parent die. I am the father of a dead child. I had a very close friend whom I was intimate with (just to illustrate the closeness) commit suicide after calling me on the phone and saying goodbye. I'm not telling you these things for pity; I'm showing you that just as your father has recently passed and now you face these circumstances with your dog, in my own experiences with similar darkness and tragedies I have experienced things that have profoundly compelled me to believe that there is much more to this life and "existence" than we may be aware of.

I am not religious. I am spiritual in my definition of it being that I believe there is "more," and in my experiences I am inclined to believe that death is not an end, but a transition. I don't believe that your relationship with your father is "over" nor has "ended," and I believe the same would be true for the connection with your pet. Energy can not be destroyed. I believe our connections with the ones we love, endure beyond and transcend even death itself.

And if you need something more practical to focus on, remember this truth: Your dog could have ended up with any number of people, in any number of places in any number of circumstances, but -- she ended up with you, and she is clearly loved. She clearly "won" in this life, no matter what happens now, and that is because of you; things could have gone a lot different, but you ensured she was taken care of, comforted, had all her needs met and lived it up as best she could have ever hoped for -- and she knows that and appreciates that. And hopefully there is still yet more of that life here to come.

None of us get out of here in one piece, man. Focus on what you CAN control, and don't get caught up in what is out of your hands. Don't worry about "tomorrow," just "be here now" and take the waves as they come, and know that you aren't alone in your pain.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back