• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Update on my dog

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
Thanks for being so supportive, everyone - it's really meant a lot to me.

Blossom saw her oncologist Thursday and had the first of five chemo injections. And she's on an anti-inflammatory that's proven to be effective with her type of cancer. She'll be on that for the rest of her life, and a small dose of chemo that she'll take in pill form. It's not cheap, and I'm going to have to make some sacrifices, but she's more than worth it.

Her prognosis is 12-24 months, which is not bad all things considered. If she makes it for two more years, she'll be 15 years old which is not bad for a dachshund. We'll have been together for 12 years, and I think I'm going to feel pretty good about the life I gave her, and the way I saw her to the end of her road.

My friend Deb calls it "The final act of love," and I've taken a lot of comfort from that notion. There was never any possibility that my dog would outlive me, so I always knew that one way or another I would have to deal with this. So while I'm of course very sad about it, and will be devastated when the end comes, I feel ok about things.

You have my condolences Jeff. I hope many loving moments will be experienced in the following years!

Last edited:
This is heartening to hear and I'm glad you guys have each other during this tough time. <3

I am sure that you will give Blossom your love and the best medical care possible. That is all that can be done.

Thanks for being so supportive, everyone - it's really meant a lot to me.

Blossom saw her oncologist Thursday and had the first of five chemo injections. And she's on an anti-inflammatory that's proven to be effective with her type of cancer. She'll be on that for the rest of her life, and a small dose of chemo that she'll take in pill form. It's not cheap, and I'm going to have to make some sacrifices, but she's more than worth it.

Her prognosis is 12-24 months, which is not bad all things considered. If she makes it for two more years, she'll be 15 years old which is not bad for a dachshund. We'll have been together for 12 years, and I think I'm going to feel pretty good about the life I gave her, and the way I saw her to the end of her road.

My friend Deb calls it "The final act of love," and I've taken a lot of comfort from that notion. There was never any possibility that my dog would outlive me, so I always knew that one way or another I would have to deal with this. So while I'm of course very sad about it, and will be devastated when the end comes, I feel ok about things.

Again, my condoleances. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like for you. You have my full support~

It is very humbling to see how strong you remain throughout this. Your determination to make the most of your time together and to see that Blossom will live the rest of her life to its fullest makes me think that you are both lucky to have each other.

Sorry to hear you won't have longer, but glad you'll have the time with her that's left. It's good to know she'll have attention, comfort, and love for the rest of her life.

My condolences again. I know you'll give her as much care and love as you can for the time she has left.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back