• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

how do i know if my stories are good?

Axel flame

TMF Regular
hello, i've been writing stories here for a while now but i get very little feedback (usually just one or two people) despite having hundreds of views.
does it mean that my stories are bad? should i change something?
for reference, here are my stories
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?298877-Ja-Lana-and-the-kidnappers-FF-F-F-F
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?325408-Ja%92Lana-return-of-the-Brotherhood-F-F
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...-uromancer-s-lair-part-1-F-F-FF-F-watersports
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...part-2-F-F-FFFF-F-watersports-EXTREME-CONTENT (forgot to add the last one XD )
maybe they are too long? i get it, most people come here to just have a quick fap so maybe they just skip to the "good part" and then leave?

Last edited:
Hi Axel! I was in the same boat back when I used to write a lot. some of My stories would get a really high view count, but I was lucky if I got two or three replies. I know the frustration that can cause, but you just gotta keep at it. The way I looked at it, it was fine not getting replies because it meant that nobody was telling me stuff like "it sucks" or any other negative comments.

The problem I found, however, was it made it hard to grow as a writer.

Trust me, ... i read all your three parts every week :)
i love your story telling and its inspire me for my story plot.
i really like all these stories ... the description, narrative driven, ... amazing.

i;m in the middle of writing and concepting my own story, and your narrative driven is such an example for me.

great job, a classy one

I think what is happening is there are a LOT of tickle stories posted in the forum in general. It's easy for something to get 'lost' in here! I wouldn't count on much feedback, even if it's good.

Trust me, ... i read all your three parts every week :)
i love your story telling and its inspire me for my story plot.
i really like all these stories ... the description, narrative driven, ... amazing.

i;m in the middle of writing and concepting my own story, and your narrative driven is such an example for me.

great job, a classy one

wow O_O thanks, that really means a lot :D i just published the second part of the third story if you want to see how it ends :D
all i need to do now is learning how to draw so i can make pictures of my characters XD

The problem I found, however, was it made it hard to grow as a writer.

yep, that's the same problem i have :( i'll just take this lack of comments as a sign that i'm not making a ton of mistakes and i'll try to improve by re-reading the stories and seeing if something "feels weird" :)

Do not get discouraged. I write mainly beecause of my passion for all things tickling and my stories are posted here to please me as much as the readers who choose to view or comment on them. I'm far from a professional writer but do enjoy sharing some of my true experiences, my desires & fantasies and the fantasies of friends who ask me to put them down in writing on their behalf. If anyone gets anything out of my tickling stories great, if anyone happens to critiques them great if people simply view them that's fine too. The satisfaction for me comes from the writing itself, the memories the true tickle tales generate, the ideas they give me for actual play as well as those I can use for future stories.

Do not get discouraged. I write mainly beecause of my passion for all things tickling and my stories are posted here to please me as much as the readers who choose to view or comment on them. I'm far from a professional writer but do enjoy sharing some of my true experiences, my desires & fantasies and the fantasies of friends who ask me to put them down in writing on their behalf. If anyone gets anything out of my tickling stories great, if anyone happens to critiques them great if people simply view them that's fine too. The satisfaction for me comes from the writing itself, the memories the true tickle tales generate, the ideas they give me for actual play as well as those I can use for future stories.

i actually started putting more effort in my stories because i want to write a novel someday, so i'm trying my skills writing something on a smaller scale before jumping in the big boys league XD

To be honest, it could also just be that the stories have an additional kink in them that people don’t really find appealing. In my experience, people won’t comment unless they like every aspect of the story, and sometimes if you mix in other kinks, it turns people away from wholistic enjoyment of the story. Just my take I’ve seen it happen a few times.

To be honest, it could also just be that the stories have an additional kink in them that people don’t really find appealing. In my experience, people won’t comment unless they like every aspect of the story, and sometimes if you mix in other kinks, it turns people away from wholistic enjoyment of the story. Just my take I’ve seen it happen a few times.

yeah, that could be it. i even warn people before the story starts because they all feature urination in some sort and i know that not everyone is into that

The only way to figure out if your writing is good in my experience is to either just trust your own judgement in your stories or post enough that you can get a sort of running average on public reception over time. Like Volsung said there are enough new tickling stories passing through here that it's easy for perfectly good entries to get overlooked. There's really no way of knowing if people aren't reading your stories because they don't like them, because there are enough good options that they haven't given you a chance, or they literally didn't even realize it existed. I've posted enough to have stories blow up out of nowhere after a random comment brought it back up to the front page.

Even if your story does get read, it's pretty common for most people to limit their comments to saying they liked it. It's a lot to ask people for literary critique when they're just browsing amateur fetish short stories for fun.

So yeah, if you don't feel like you have enough entries to get a grasp on how people generally react to what you've written then you can only ask if you like reading it yourself.

As a writer, I learned a long time ago to write what you like and the readers will come to you. If you try and change your style to appease the masses, the work suffers imo, and you'll never be able to satisfy everyone anyway. Don't get discouraged. Keep pushing.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back