• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help me TMF, You’re my only hope (A cry for help from someone in sexual crisis)

Po Lazarus

Help me TMF, You’re my only hope (A cry for help from someone in sexual crisis – Advice very much needed)!

Sorry for the Princess Leia thing! I know, it still hurts about Carrie Fisher! But here’s the thing: I need some advice and I don’t know who else to ask, given that the situation in question concerns subtleties of the tickling fetish, being a fetishist in a relationship with a non-fetishist, and other things that I am not comfortable discussing with any of my real-life friends, none of whom know about my abnormality. If you are one of those blessed people who saunters through life being totally open and honest with everyone you encounter, or even have just a small number of friends who you have felt comfortable enough to talk about being a fetishist with, good for you! I’m honestly happy for you. But I am in the introvert camp as far as “Coming out” goes, and this means that I cannot talk about this with anyone I actually know, as I don’t feel comfortable talking about it with others. This is where I’m hoping the TMF can help me as it has done in the past (I am relaying this on a new account that I have made just to ask for this advice, the reasons for which will become clear as I spell out the issue I have, or can also be found here: http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...15-years-makes-new-account!-Read-all-about-it!)

So, what follows is the backstory for the situation I am hoping some people will be nice enough to offer me advice about – I have always found the TMF a wonderful, giving place when it comes to offering advice/comfort/support to others in the community, and I am banking on that indulgence now. I am not going to sugar coat anything as that will achieve nothing useful for me or my fiancé, but if you are kind enough to reply please remember: you are entitled to your opinion, whatever it may be, but if it is negative or judgmental in any way, I am not necessarily interested in debating the finer intricacies of it. I am just someone in a bind – myself and my fiancé are – and I am asking for your help. I am particularly interested in the opinions of those who may have gone through something similar, although any comments or suggestions are welcome, as long as they are supportive in nature.

I am trying to get back into writing recently, so I have provided sub-headings to help the flow of what is a fairly lengthy story. Please don’t let this length put you off reading. Hell, you can source your motivation through sheer nosiness if you want to!! Also, after reading it back I can say that there is no small amount of drama too, so there’s that! I have tried to be as concise as I can, but bear in mind I’m discussing a near 12-year relationship, so it is a tad long, just please bear with me. I have called my fiancé “Marilyn”, because A) she looks a bit like Marylin Monroe (she’s stunning, we can’t ever go on a night out without her being hit on) and B) When we were first falling in love, I told her that she made me think of a nice quite I’d read about Marilyn Monroe, from Hugh Hefner: that she was the best sex symbol of the 20th Century because she combined sexuality with vulnerability, and that is how I think, and have always thought, of my Marylin.

Preamble

Marylin and I have been together twelve years this summer; we are in our early thirties. We have lived together for nine of those and got engaged last year. We were always going to do this, but we have never had the money to realistically be able to afford a wedding or even a ring – I received a small inheritance last year and was able to finally get the ring, and we should hopefully be married before the year is out, pandemic allowing. I love Marylin more than I have ever loved anything. Like that solid, deep love, when you just know that you never want to be with anyone else or do anything else but live with and spend as much time as possible with that person: they are ‘Your person’, and you are theirs, and that’s it.

Before we met (Towards the end of Uni/‘College’), I’d had a few casual relationships, and had a decent amount of sex, but I’d never done anything serious or long-term. I just knew, when we were building up to going out, that she was going to be ‘it’ for me. She was coming to the end of a relationship that was psychologically and occasionally physically abusive, and it was as if I delivered her from that, as it were (“Rescued her” sounds a bit patriarchal). We simultaneously realised after just two short weeks that we loved each other, and that has never changed; it’s only grown. It would take something monumental for it to ever change. We’ve been through a lot over the last twelve years and have had the ups and downs of any couple, but 90% of our time together we have been happy, and she is the best friend I have ever had.

If it sounds perfect, it almost is, other than the one inevitable troubling area: our sex life, which over the past few years has just gone from problem to problem, and has stuttered into near non-existence. I’ll try not to waffle, but I’d better start at the beginning. I have tried not to be too explicit, but bear in mind this is about sexual problems so has some sexual language etc.

Sexual awakening

Early in our relationship, Marylin ‘outed me’ about my fetish, initially against my will. I’d told her I had a fetish but wasn’t comfortable with telling her what it was yet, but she dug up some shit on my computer that gave me away. This sounds very sly and devious of her, and it was, but it also wasn’t. I was absolutely livid at the time: I kicked her out of my apartment, chain smoked about fifteen cigarettes and drank a shit-ton of red wine as I contemplated breaking up with her for breaching my trust, but I didn’t, because I was in love with her. So I gave her the chance to explain herself. And it turned out she had done it because she had been desperate to know what really turned me on, so that she could please me. She is that sort of a sweetheart; she’s an extremely giving person, and this extends to sex. She wanted our sex to be as fulfilling as it possibly could be.

What followed – particularly in that first couple of years – was a total sexual awakening for me. I’d tickled girls I’d been with, and I think one girl I’d been with before suspected that I liked her feet, but I’d never before been in a sexual relationship in which tickling was so much at the forefront. It was suddenly out in the open, and I didn’t need to feel ashamed or self-conscious about it!! This wonderful, beautiful woman had for some reason decided that my every whim and desire was to be fulfilled, for no other reason than she loved me. We were in our early twenties, happy, with few cares or worries, and we had some physical stamina. We made love all the time, and I tied her up and tickled her almost every time we did. It turned out that the fetish corresponded with two of her big turn-ons: being tied up, and being told “No”, when she asked me to stop, which drove her wild. She started taking care of her feet, which are sumptuous, to an almost unreasonable degree. Her feet are perfect: perfect size, lovely toes, lush, high arches – Oh, man!

We did all kinds of scenarios, types of bondage, different implements and intensities, had sex whilst watching tickling clips, foot jobs, even went camping on a remote beach once, and she let me bury her in the sand and tickle her feet for ages. This was all her idea, she drove it, like she wanted to explore the fetish with me as I discovered new, exciting things that I’d never thought possible before. She even set up her own TMF account, and interacted with the fabulous community on here*. The absolute pinnacle was when were making love and she, looked me in the eye, mentioned tickling and softly whispered in my ear “I love it”, in her high, sweet voice. She had successfully made me feel comfortable about something I’d never even felt 100% comfortable with even thinking about, something I’d always disliked about myself. It was incredible, and I still feel eternally grateful and fortunate for that extraordinary experience, the happiest period of my life. It was the kind of happiness that makes any prior suffering (Of which I’ve had plenty) worth it, like it was worth it to get to that happiness. Even if we never have sex again, I’m so lucky to have experienced that.

*This is why I’m posting under an alias. If I’d posted under my previous username she might see it, unlikely as that would be by now, and the situation wouldn’t be helped by the advice I am hoping I will receive, it would be made worse as she might be hurt that I’m choosing to share our story without her knowledge. I’m aware that it is duplicitous of me, perhaps even unethical, but I just want to address the situation in order that our sexual relationship will be healed. I have promised myself that I will be fully honest with her about what I’ve said on here once we’re back on track. But for now, total anonymity is my only option.

So, on to “The downfall”, such as it is. Our relationship went from strength to strength, and we decided after those first couple of years that we would move in together, so we did. We were very happy, even though there was the inevitable impact of domesticity on our sex life: I don’t care what anyone says, when you’re living with someone you love to be with, it is the best thing ever, but there are downsides too. You can’t be up for having sex every day of the week, and it wasn’t long before we’d slowed down a bit, settling on having sex once or twice a week, as most couples that cohabit do. We were both fine with that and accepted it as a standard consequence of moving in together. But then things started to go further downhill, and never really fully recovered.

99 Problems, of which tickling is (The Main) one.

The first, and perhaps worst, thing that happened, was an accident we had. It was 100% my fault. I won’t go into too much graphic detail about it, but basically, we’d smoked a joint before we started to play, and it made me a bit dopey, and possibly complacent as regards health and safety, which is something you don’t automatically consider when you’re self-taught at amateur tickle torture. In a nutshell what happened is that I tied her up, strapped an electric implement on her, and chose to leave the room to heighten the sexual tension for both of us. It seemed like a sexy, fun thing to do at the time, and she was initially playing along and into it. But unfortunately, I left the room for too long and the implement really genuinely started to torture her, to the point which some people on here might be into, but was far too much for both her and me. I quickly got the device off her, but she was very shaken by it, and I kept hearing her screams in my head again and again, I just couldn’t get them out of my mind. I was particularly beset with “What if?” scenarios in my head, and these took the form of intrusive thoughts in my stupidly over-wired, anxious brain. If I’d slipped and been knocked out, for instance, she might have ended up having a panic attack or not being able to breathe. That kind of thing. I beat myself up for years about it afterwards, and I think it was the moment where the dynamics of the fetish shifted slightly, in both our eyes. I don’t think of it that way anymore, as it was almost ten years ago and I now see it as a mistake made by someone who was just a foolish, young, and inexperienced fetishist. But it remains ‘problem/incident number one’. Of course, this isn’t just about me but about Marylin’s feelings and experiences too, and I know that it must have tampered the prior mystique of the fetish in her eyes.

‘Problem/incident number two’ happened a couple of years later and is in two parts, one of which is sadly predictable and does not reflect well on me, but I have to be honest. Firstly, we moved house, from our first place, to a terraced building with very thin walls. During the first few weeks we’d had an inconsequential but loud argument, and our next door neighbour banged on the wall. When we spoke to her the next day, she sympathetically said “I just thought I’d knock, because I could hear your conversation word-for-word”. This meant instantly that any form of play could only take place when we knew our neighbours were out, as we didn’t want to have to explain why there was loud, continuous laughter followed by the sound of us obviously having sex. So that didn’t help, as this hardly ever happened. We could still have sex, but had to basically do it with our hands on our mouths. Not particularly conducive to an unbridled, unchecked sex life, play or no play! We were sexually hamstrung, and tickling became a rare thing.

The next thing that happened was again completely my fault. Long story short, there was a girl who I worked with who was very physically attractive. I’ll call her Ingrid. She was only 19 years old and I worked with her in sales, which is a very alpha-male environment full of assholes and potential predators, and I took her under my wing somewhat, keeping her out of trouble. We got the bus to and from work together every day as we were on the same route. Marylin was slightly wary of her, but I honestly didn’t think of her in any overt sexual way. She reminded me of my younger sisters a bit, hence the protection. But she was undeniably attractive, and most people at the office drooled over her. Anyway, it was my birthday, and I invited her out with my friends. I’m not an enormous drug taker, but I was taking MDMA with a couple of my friends for most of the evening, putting me in a state where my inhibitions had totally diminished. At the end of the night we ended up going back to one of my friend’s houses (I was actually trying to set him and Ingrid up at the time) and during a moment of general giddiness in the room, when we were all either very drunk or very high – two of my friends had started to tickle Marylin, in a plutonic way, obviously – I reached over and tickled Ingrid’s bare foot for a couple of seconds.

Marylin hit the roof. She dragged me outside – to the puzzlement of everyone else – and asked whether she’d seen it properly and whether I’d just tickled Ingrid. I was honest, and said that I had. Here’s the thing: it wasn’t until this moment that I’d realised that Marylin would interpret this as a form of cheating, even though I can completely understand and appreciate now why she believes that to be the case. But in the moment, I went on the defensive: I told her that I didn’t think I’d cheated, that I was just being an idiot (Which I unquestionably am most of the time), that it meant nothing. I was jabbering, because I was high as a kite. It didn’t wash. Marylin punched me in the face, and stormed out of the house, going to her parent’s house in tears in a cab. On arriving, the only way she could justify her upset state to her parents was by telling them that I had actually cheated on her – even in her fury she was still (sweetly) considerate of the fact that the honest alternative would have embarrassed me so much it would have meant that I’d have probably moved to another country or something – and to this day, her parents and some people in her family think I did cheat on her, which isn’t great, but I only have myself to blame.

I honestly have to say that at the time, despite it clearly being a sexually associated act on my part, I did not think “I’m cheating on Marylin here”, and did it regardless; I was just messing around. I know that might sound like a cop-out, but why would I lie about it, unprompted, to a bunch of strangers on the internet? I never would have done anything sexual with the girl, never would have even thought about having sex with her, even if I could have somehow gotten away with it without Marylin knowing, because I love Marylin and wouldn’t do that to her. But it hurt her terribly, and was the closest we have come to splitting up. We eventually did make up, mostly due to me leaving the job almost immediately, severing ties with Ingrid, and doing a shitload of grovelling. Now that that incident has happened, we have very clear ground rules about ‘playful tickling’, meaning that I have to avoid it around other people, which I’m fine with. Writing this all out, it’s not difficult to see why it changed tickling for us, particularly for Marylin. I endeavour to be a good person, but I am imperfect, and I have definitely behaved like an asshole at times in my life, and this was one of those times.

The Downward Spiral

From that point, things got gradually worse and worse for us as far as tickling or sex goes. This wasn’t always related to tickling necessarily. Marylin was in a semi-serious car accident some time after the Ingrid incident. She wasn’t badly hurt at the time but developed trouble with her back which required quite intense physiotherapy, and meant she couldn’t work, drive, or do much of anything. As a result, she became clinically depressed. I supported her as much as I could, but she needed medication to deal with her mood. An effect of this was that her sex drive pretty much disappeared, which was compounded by her reduction in interest in tickling from the previous incidents. She did eventually start to feel better both physically and mentally, but as (Shit) luck would have it, I then became clinically depressed a short time after she had been (For a variety of reasons that have nothing else to do with the issue at hand, and which I won’t go into). With me, it was a bit more of a serious threat to my safety, and I ended up on even more medication than she had been and was almost totally withdrawn for a period of around a year. We had sex rarely, and it was usually without joy and out of a sense of obligation, rather than passion. It was a miserable period in our lives and our relationship both.

Thankfully, we pulled through it, and we are much happier people now: we’re closer for the experience, and a stronger couple too, I think. Unfortunately, that isn’t the end of the cavalcade of negativity engulfing our sex life, however. Even though we were both better and off any medication, our sex life never really recovered from the previous period. Marylin never really instigated any play, and I didn’t want to instigate it as if I did, I’d always feel like I was being self-centred or doing something that she didn’t have an organic interest in. Then, wouldn’t you know, the final problem began to develop…

I couldn’t help it, but I started to feel less excited by Marylin’s feet. This was chiefly for two reasons. Firstly: I’d always suspected that she was exaggerating her ticklishness (to please me, bless her heart). Once, before we were together, I’d heard her telling someone else that she wasn’t ticklish and she’d even done the ‘Look! I’m holding my arms in the air – try and tickle me!’ thing with them, so I’d always been slightly unconvinced, but I figured that she hadn’t been tickled properly before we started going out, so maybe that was it. But there have been times where I’ve suspected she may not even be ticklish at all. The girl I was seeing previously had deathly – and I do mean deathly – ticklish feet, so I know the difference from that experience. That girlfriend would jump in the air if I even touched them, even if she wasn’t looking or paying attention, and it would amuse me to stroke her foot whilst she wasn’t looking and see her jump up in the air at the sensation, surprised. On doing the same to Marylin, she would sometimes not notice I was even touching her, then would notice and start laughing/responding as she thought I wanted her to, not how she naturally would if she were as ticklish as she made out.

I appreciate that she was doing this for me, and I love her for it, and she can’t help if her feet aren’t all that ticklish, or maybe even unticklish. But as every person who is into tickling, feet, or both will know, it just doesn’t ‘do it for you’ as much if you know someone isn’t genuinely ticklish. Look at all the fuss people make on the TMF about some model’s perceived faking in clips, for example. Other parts of her body are definitely, confirmed ticklish, and during play I have focused on those, but ultimately, I’m a foot man. I know I’m risking sounding unappreciative here, but I can’t forge sexual desire. I felt like in the early days I was so taken with tickling being un-tabooed that I just pushed the non-ticklish problem to the back of my mind. But it is a problem, has been one since the very early days of our relationship, and has always been a point of dissatisfaction with me, if I’m honest with myself. And I feel like an asshole for feeling it, actually.

Secondly: rubbing and playing with her feet just became a bit too routine. Now, pre-Marylin, I’ve been the single guy who thought there was no hope for ever finding anyone who would let me touch their feet in that way and be cool with it, and I’d probably have felt, reading something like this, that if someone had managed that total miracle, with a beautiful woman no less, and they’d just gotten fed up with it, that they were an ungrateful prick. But let me explain. Ever since she ‘outed’ me, Marylin loved demanding foot rubs from me, and they usually led to sex. It was mutually beneficial for both of us: she got her feet attentively rubbed, and had it followed by sex in which I absolutely always, always, always made sure she was satisfied, and orgasmed. I got the thrill of having a woman satisfy my sexual urges, and got to have incredible sex afterwards. It was great.

But as the years went on and our sexual activity diminished, the foot rubs just became unexciting, for both of us, really, and became what I imagine foot rubs are to many ‘Vanilla’ couples. Still a nice, intimate way to care for your partner, but not a sexual preface in any way. It didn’t help that Marylin had another health problem and developed plantar fasciitis in her feet – for those who don’t know this is a crappy condition that causes intense pain in the soles of the feet, particularly after being on one’s feet for long periods. It may have reduced her ticklishness too, for all I know. This would mean that after long days at work (She’s a nurse, which I’m so proud of her for, especially now) she’d get home and be in agony, and I would pretty much be duty-bound to rub her feet for a long time, sometimes all evening, pretty much. This would have sounded like heaven to me when we first started going out, but it eventually just became a chore of sorts, particularly as it never led anywhere (Not that I’d ever expect it to after a long day at work or when she was in pain, but still I’m sure you can see my point). I was happy to do it out of love, of course, but it wasn’t sexy, it wasn’t the same. It didn’t help that I accompanied her to the doctor’s appointment where she was diagnosed with it, and the old, fat, male doctor said to me: “You’re going to have to step up the foot massaging now, I’m afraid!”. This was meant as an affable comment, of course, but it weirded me out about it even more, and made it even less of sexual practice.

The Present Situation

So, we have found ourselves, probably for a good 3-4 years now, being in a much-reduced existence sexually. Our relationship has gone from strength to strength in every other area: I’ve covered unhappy times in our relationship in the backstory, but that shouldn’t suggest we are an unhappy couple. We are even more in love than we were in the romantic phase of our relationship, and it has grown deeper, stronger, to the point where I cannot imagine my life without her, and she tells me she feels the same; as I said at the beginning, we are hoping to marry later this year, and we can’t wait for that. At this point (I can’t think of where else to put it in the saga) I should probably also say that the fact that I’ve mentioned casual drug use in relation to two unfortunate incidents shouldn’t infer that drug use was a big part of our life, or something to do with our sexual problems. We were casual potheads for a number of years when we were younger, but we were never reliant on it and we don’t take or smoke anything now and haven’t for some time, due to the damage it had begun to do to our mental health, which we take seriously.

Ostensibly, we are at a good point in our careers and in our lives. Things technically suck at the present moment, because my mother has terminal cancer, and due to her requiring care almost constantly and being extremely vulnerable to COVID-19, I have had to move in with her as her permanent carer, whilst Marylin has continued working, fighting the virus on the front line, and is living on her own with just our cat for company. So things are quite miserable as we usually could hardly stand a week apart, and have had to do six months like this. On the upside, it has given me time to think about our relationship and this one piece of the jigsaw that is missing: our sexual relationship, which is nearing extinction (present circumstances aside), but which I aim to revive.

I’ll hopefully be moving home some time this month (My Mum hopefully won’t need chemo for several more months, by which point she should be vaccinated, meaning I’ll be able to stay living at home whilst I care for her, the odd week aside). I know I should think of something to rekindle our sex life, but I do not know what that is. We have tried talking about it, have tried to ‘start again’ with it, but it’s never really worked, due to general apathy. I felt the final nail was in the coffin, so to speak, was not long before I had to move here, I’d mentioned tickling, and Marylin resignedly said “That’s your world, not mine.” This typified how things have gotten for both of us as regards tickling. But I don’t wish to dwell on the bad times. It may not sound like it, as I have been covering negative topics and events, but I do always try to put a positive spin on things, so I want to try and address it, if I can, whilst I’m here in the unfortunate situation that I’m in. This is where you, dear reader – if you have made it this far – can help.

I hope I’ve given a good account of the circumstances and accounted for my honest feelings, warts-and-all. My question is, what the hell do I do?! I’m aware of the “seven-year itch” effect and I know this is part of getting older, but the question is, if you don’t want to be consigned to the realms of the sexually unfulfilled, what can you do to combat it?! I am not prepared to just roll over and give up our sex life for dead. I don’t want to feel sorry for myself, or indeed us as a couple, because we won’t get through this by doing that. I’d like advice on what the hell I should do to re-kindle things, from a tickling perspective, and from a sexual perspective. I have to sort it out, not just for me, but for Marylin. I want to please and fulfil her as I once did; I want her to be satisfied, like she used to be. As I said at the outset, if you are reading this and you successfully overcame this problem yourself, it would be great if you could tell me what the hell you did, because I’m totally lost. And if you’re reading it and haven’t, but still have a suggestion, I’d love to hear it. If you fear embarrassment or don’t want to relay your own experiences in as bare a way as I have just done, shoot me a private message. Anything said will remain between us, I promise. If you’re not shy, do tell on this thread!

Either way: If you got to the end, Thank You for reading and above all, stay safe out there.

Many Thanks

Decide what's more important your relationship with Marilyn or tickling. You've had both in the past but you can't have both in the future. Many of us are in this situation, where in order to keep a good relationship going with a great woman, tickling has to be relegated to private fantasy moments, such as we have here on the TMF.

On the other hand if you believe tickling is more important, before you make that final decision, you need to ask yourself who do you really think is out there that is going to fulfill that need for you ?

I don't see why you can't have both in the future, but it will take some work on reconnecting sexually, for both of you. It is somewhat normal to feel less desire for your partner over a long period of time together, as you described with your feelings about her feet and about sex with her in general. But women are often highly driven and motivated sexually by male desire. Being genuinely wanted, lusted for, by your partner in itself can feel very rewarding sexually and so in the beginning, tickling and fulfilling your desires probably turned her on a lot, as she must have felt very desirable to you, like a sexual goddess. She is not feeling that from you anymore, and you have to ask yourself if she can ignite that spark in you anymore, because feeling as though desire has turned to obligation makes a woman feel unsexy, maybe even used as a means to an end. Most women in that situation will end up becoming joyless and unenthusiastic in bed, because sex has really become a chore rather than a joy at that point. Does she want you to lust for her the way you did in the beginning; to feel that you are excited by her above all others? If you're faking it and going through the motions, she will feel that, and that's the response you'll get from her. Tickling isn't really the cause of all this I think. Lack of genuine desire, spontaneity, and passion is the root of this problem, as it is for many long-term couples in both kinky and vanilla relationships. The only way to fix it is open discussion and both of you wanting to fix it, and being willing to work on it. You can't go back to the newness and excitement of things when it was new, because time has made you both complacent. But you can actively work on improving it, if both of you are willing to do so.

On the Ingrid situation, try not to minimize what she was feeling back then. See it from her point of view: this lady was even a TMF member. She saw how the guys her obsess and fixate over attractive women's feet, and can write a whole erotic testament to the desire they felt during even a single fleeting moment of getting to touch or tickle a woman's feet. She saw you tickle an attractive co-worker's foot. You maintained that it was entirely innocent. The entire world of the TMF's foot and tickle obsessed culture will tell you that it wasn't. If I was her, I wouldn't have believed it to be innocent either, and it would have made me feel very insecure over your true feelings about Ingrid, as it probably did her. She forgave you and that's the important thing. What is important for you is to not minimize her feelings like that in the future.

I hope for the best outcome for both of you.

While you're away, taking care of your mother, this is a good time to talk and start the conversation. I think it might even be easier to do than in person, where you might have less ability to organize your thoughts and say what you really want to say. If she's willing to talk, be open and heartfelt about how you miss this part of your life together. And if she reciprocates those feelings, be playful. Be naughty, even. Let her feel your desire of her while you're absent, and when you're reunited, hopefully this can be some fuel towards rekindling that fire.

I would strongly suggest going to therapy whether that be premarital therapy, sex therapy or both. This might not be the answer you are looking for but I truly don’t think there’s anything anyone can say here that’s going to magically get you and your partner on the right path. From what you described this was been trending downward for a long while and it’s going to take a long while to fix. But there are professionals that are experts in relationships that are better equipped to help you even though they aren’t from this community. Marriage is a serious next step in your relationship and you want to be going into it strong in all areas.

One of the things that makes this question interesting is that we can simply remove tickling from it in total, and substitute 'sex' in its place. We can do this because the couple has honesty between them regarding tickling and it's context in their life, and thus it's not a 'Oh I have a secret' sort of problem that can never be spoken to. That makes the problem much simpler.

The situation is that you have a relationship that has a firm basis in mutual love for each other, a decades worth of partnership, and from your words a honest and general respect for each other, and most importantly a willingness to communicate. If you did not, you'd not have gotten past the issues in the past.

On the other side of the column is that your sex life is crap.

Why and how you got here are not so important. It's the fact that you are here now that counts, and what can be done.

Given your ability to communicate, I'd say a serious discussion is in order. One where you ask her 'Are you enjoying our current sex life? ' and you tell her that you are not, and why as far as you know. Now all this can be dropped into a context of 'everything else is working great, but this is an issue.' and proceed.

Where? To the question "What can we do about it?" What might she want that she is not getting, you've both grown older and changed, and people don't stay static. What they want and like changes also. Sometimes you notice this, often not, and just keep plowing forward our of habit.

What do you like about sex with Marylin that is not related to tickling? How deep its the paraphilia for you? Is it needful, thus becoming a fetish, or is it something that you can proceed without on occasion in favor of other things and still be satisfied?

Mostly you need to get more knowledge, and most of it is in Marlyns head. You have to ask.

.....OR

Decide that sex is not that important and focus on the other parts of the relationship that matter and go on with your life without it. You have your memories, you have porn and you have your hand. It's a solution that many use. However, that doesn't mean a bad sex life won't cause Marlyn to start to have issues with the whole relationship at some point. Its a problem with two sides. So it can come and bite you if you take this path anyhow.

Which is why I tend to the 'This is a problem, what can we do about it?' path.

Talk, communicate. and in person, not over a device. This is a intimate face to face talk.

Best of luck,
Myriads

Your relationship sounds an awful lot like the relationship I was in after my divorce. I met someone who, unlike my ex-wife, fully embraced my fetishes. The first 3-4 years of our relationship were fantastic and the sex was out of this world. I had never felt so loved and accepted.

Then, we hit a plateau. This lasted about another 4 years. We were still playing the same way we had before, but cracks were starting to develop in the relationship. I never engaged in any tickling of other women, but we had several disagreements over the mere POSSIBILITY that I might consider doing such a thing. The last year of our relationship was extremely stressful. She completely stopped having sex with me, and we broke up at the beginning of the next year.

I bring this up because your situation sounds similar to mine. You found someone who completely accepted your fetishes and you don't want to lose that. The idea of getting back out there and finding someone new who would accept your fetishes can seem daunting. It felt that way for me. So every time things got difficult I pressed forward, because how could I ever find someone who would be so accepting again? Yet, in the end, I lost her anyway and HAD to start over. Now I actually wish I had ended it years earlier, because I can't get those years back.

The hardest thing for a man to learn is that you can't stay fixated on one woman. As long as you feel like no other woman could ever accept you and your fetishes, she will have power over you. Try to take a step back and ask yourself if you're TRULY happy in this relationship. You have a strong incentive to look for anything positive in the relationship because she's been so accepting in the past. She's not sounding very accepting NOW, and based on what you said towards the end, she may have even been LYING to you about how she felt about it.

Marriage MAGNIFIES any issues you have in a relationship. It doesn't resolve them. The consequences of divorce can be devastating to a man. You could end up living out of your car because it's only way you can pay your child support and / or alimony. You might not see your kids for years and they might be turned against you. Based on what you've said here, I would not even THINK about getting married until you've gotten counseling for yourself. You're in your early thirties, you have no need to rush.

One more thing, stop with the drug use if you haven't already. It's already gotten you into trouble in this relationship and I don't want to see it get you into other kinds of trouble.

It's your life. The final decision is up to you. I'm just trying to give you another perspective. Wish you the best of luck, whatever you decide.

When I was dating my wife, I tried doing some tickling with her; she learned of my interest. After we were married, I continued trying to get her into it - even if just tickling me. Then, in the 90's, there were the tickling magazines... I had a few, and made sure she saw them. Still nothing. After 41 years now (plus the dating time), still no tickling, and we're still together. If it's a good relationship, what the hey? We have more important connections. Kinda the "me, me, me" thinking.... no, when married, it's "us, us, us". I could say more, but won't.

I’d just like to say I’ve seen all of your replies and I Thank each one of you wholeheartedly for taking the time to write them - this goes for the PMs I’ve received too. I’ll be responding in kind to each reply but this may take me a while - my caring responsibilities make it extremely difficult to simply sit at a computer and type away, as most people can, so I’ll reply to everyone as and when I can. I just didn’t want anyone to think I was ignoring the responses as I appreciate them all very much and they have given me a lot to think about.

Cheers

Po Lazarus

Decide what's more important your relationship with Marilyn or tickling. You've had both in the past but you can't have both in the future. Many of us are in this situation, where in order to keep a good relationship going with a great woman, tickling has to be relegated to private fantasy moments, such as we have here on the TMF.

On the other hand if you believe tickling is more important, before you make that final decision, you need to ask yourself who do you really think is out there that is going to fulfill that need for you ?

Thanks for your reply.

The relationship with Marylin is the most important thing, no question. It’s the most important thing that has ever happened to me, and the most important thing in my life. I didn’t think that when I wrote this, it would appear that I was deliberating over whether or not to break up with Marylin in order to somehow satisfy my need for tickling with another woman. That has never been a consideration for me – I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on how to re-kindle things, not “Should I break things off because I’m sexually unfulfilled?”

As you rightly say, many people out there manage to live with the fetish without having it be a part of their physical sex life with their actual partner or spouse and I can join that number, if I have to. I just feel that it would be a shame to give up on it, when we’ve had it before and it was so incredible for both of us. So I’m interested in getting it back somehow, for both our sakes.

Thank You Very Much again for responding, and make sure you stay safe.

I don't see why you can't have both in the future, but it will take some work on reconnecting sexually, for both of you. It is somewhat normal to feel less desire for your partner over a long period of time together, as you described with your feelings about her feet and about sex with her in general. But women are often highly driven and motivated sexually by male desire. Being genuinely wanted, lusted for, by your partner in itself can feel very rewarding sexually and so in the beginning, tickling and fulfilling your desires probably turned her on a lot, as she must have felt very desirable to you, like a sexual goddess. She is not feeling that from you anymore, and you have to ask yourself if she can ignite that spark in you anymore, because feeling as though desire has turned to obligation makes a woman feel unsexy, maybe even used as a means to an end. Most women in that situation will end up becoming joyless and unenthusiastic in bed, because sex has really become a chore rather than a joy at that point. Does she want you to lust for her the way you did in the beginning; to feel that you are excited by her above all others? If you're faking it and going through the motions, she will feel that, and that's the response you'll get from her. Tickling isn't really the cause of all this I think. Lack of genuine desire, spontaneity, and passion is the root of this problem, as it is for many long-term couples in both kinky and vanilla relationships. The only way to fix it is open discussion and both of you wanting to fix it, and being willing to work on it. You can't go back to the newness and excitement of things when it was new, because time has made you both complacent. But you can actively work on improving it, if both of you are willing to do so.

On the Ingrid situation, try not to minimize what she was feeling back then. See it from her point of view: this lady was even a TMF member. She saw how the guys her obsess and fixate over attractive women's feet, and can write a whole erotic testament to the desire they felt during even a single fleeting moment of getting to touch or tickle a woman's feet. She saw you tickle an attractive co-worker's foot. You maintained that it was entirely innocent. The entire world of the TMF's foot and tickle obsessed culture will tell you that it wasn't. If I was her, I wouldn't have believed it to be innocent either, and it would have made me feel very insecure over your true feelings about Ingrid, as it probably did her. She forgave you and that's the important thing. What is important for you is to not minimize her feelings like that in the future.

I hope for the best outcome for both of you.

Thank You for that amazing response. It has given me an insight into the female experience which I was sorely lacking, and that is absolutely invaluable to me.

I have a moral obligation to be honest, with you and with any other members reading this. You and I actually used to talk on here quite a bit when I was operating on my old account, and I want to be transparent about it. I know this exact scenario was an issue for a long-standing member when I posted on the ‘welcome’ sub-forum and explained what I was doing in creating this new account, so I just want to negate any weirdness and just say it’s awesome to hear from you again – do I have permission to PM You? No problem if not!

I would strongly suggest going to therapy whether that be premarital therapy, sex therapy or both. This might not be the answer you are looking for but I truly don’t think there’s anything anyone can say here that’s going to magically get you and your partner on the right path. From what you described this was been trending downward for a long while and it’s going to take a long while to fix. But there are professionals that are experts in relationships that are better equipped to help you even though they aren’t from this community. Marriage is a serious next step in your relationship and you want to be going into it strong in all areas.

Thank You for that suggestion, it is definitely something I have considered the possibility of before, and I am willing to give anything a try. When I had a depressive episode I attended private therapy and it saved my life, so I am aware of the impact it can have. It is certainly something I’ll consider, but I do think we will try and get to the bottom of it ourselves first, as we haven’t really *done* anything proactive to fix it, other than the aforementioned ineffectual things we have tried that I mentioned towards the end of the initial post. I guess I’m not looking for anyone on here to wave a magic wand, but what people – including yourself – have said has already helped me process some of the situation differently in my head, and my hope is that I can use that reflection to help me tackle the problem. I’ll consider therapy if we can’t work things out, so that is a good suggestion, Thanks.

One of the things that makes this question interesting is that we can simply remove tickling from it in total, and substitute 'sex' in its place. We can do this because the couple has honesty between them regarding tickling and it's context in their life, and thus it's not a 'Oh I have a secret' sort of problem that can never be spoken to. That makes the problem much simpler.

The situation is that you have a relationship that has a firm basis in mutual love for each other, a decades worth of partnership, and from your words a honest and general respect for each other, and most importantly a willingness to communicate. If you did not, you'd not have gotten past the issues in the past.

On the other side of the column is that your sex life is crap.

Why and how you got here are not so important. It's the fact that you are here now that counts, and what can be done.

Given your ability to communicate, I'd say a serious discussion is in order. One where you ask her 'Are you enjoying our current sex life? ' and you tell her that you are not, and why as far as you know. Now all this can be dropped into a context of 'everything else is working great, but this is an issue.' and proceed.

Where? To the question "What can we do about it?" What might she want that she is not getting, you've both grown older and changed, and people don't stay static. What they want and like changes also. Sometimes you notice this, often not, and just keep plowing forward our of habit.

What do you like about sex with Marylin that is not related to tickling? How deep its the paraphilia for you? Is it needful, thus becoming a fetish, or is it something that you can proceed without on occasion in favor of other things and still be satisfied?

Mostly you need to get more knowledge, and most of it is in Marlyns head. You have to ask.

.....OR

Decide that sex is not that important and focus on the other parts of the relationship that matter and go on with your life without it. You have your memories, you have porn and you have your hand. It's a solution that many use. However, that doesn't mean a bad sex life won't cause Marlyn to start to have issues with the whole relationship at some point. Its a problem with two sides. So it can come and bite you if you take this path anyhow.

Which is why I tend to the 'This is a problem, what can we do about it?' path.

Talk, communicate. and in person, not over a device. This is a intimate face to face talk.

Best of luck,
Myriads

Thank You for your comprehensive and detailed response. Your appraisal of the situation is spot on, and nicely contextualised. I definitely will tend towards the 'This is a problem, what can we do about it?' approach I think, and I guess my motivation for this thread and particularly writing it all out, like a therapy exercise, is to get it all straight in my head before I do so.

When we have discussed the problem in the past, it’s never been in the manner you’ve suggested, and this could be the issue, I guess. We’ve tended to despair over the death of our sex life, but then we tend to make excuses for each other, rather than tackling the problem head on, with a bit of courage and full-blown, warts and all honesty. I see now that this is what we need to do, to alter the way we feel about the way we feel about it. As you thankfully have absorbed, we are usually such good communicators and there really aren’t many other big issues in our relationship, hence the engagement and held-fast belief that we will be together for the rest of our lives.

I will endeavour to ascertain exactly what Marylin isn’t getting, and what I can do to give it to her. It’s so damn frustrating because I used to be able to do this without any effort at all, but as you rightly say people do change and we have (And maybe I have been overanalysing and stewing over the ‘why’ and ‘how we got here’ too much), I guess it’s just part of getting older and is something I have to accept as a consequence of being in a long-term relationship.

I think perhaps the point siamesedream has made r.e. male desire being a big motivator of female desire is a helpful one here, and ties into what you have said. In answer to your question about the depth of the paraphilia, I guess that since I had an accepting partner from a young age, it has become a fully fledged fetish and I don’t tend to enjoy sex without it (Which is so weird, because all the sexual partners I had prior to Marylin never received as much as a one-second tickle in the bedroom, and I performed fine), which as siamesedream says could be the reason Marylin has in turn stopped enjoying it too. If I’m not organically enjoying sex, why should she? But I am eternally grateful that she is accepting it, and perhaps that’s already 90% of the battle. I certainly have huge sympathy for those who don’t have that acceptance in their lives.

Your relationship sounds an awful lot like the relationship I was in after my divorce. I met someone who, unlike my ex-wife, fully embraced my fetishes. The first 3-4 years of our relationship were fantastic and the sex was out of this world. I had never felt so loved and accepted.

Then, we hit a plateau. This lasted about another 4 years. We were still playing the same way we had before, but cracks were starting to develop in the relationship. I never engaged in any tickling of other women, but we had several disagreements over the mere POSSIBILITY that I might consider doing such a thing. The last year of our relationship was extremely stressful. She completely stopped having sex with me, and we broke up at the beginning of the next year.

I bring this up because your situation sounds similar to mine. You found someone who completely accepted your fetishes and you don't want to lose that. The idea of getting back out there and finding someone new who would accept your fetishes can seem daunting. It felt that way for me. So every time things got difficult I pressed forward, because how could I ever find someone who would be so accepting again? Yet, in the end, I lost her anyway and HAD to start over. Now I actually wish I had ended it years earlier, because I can't get those years back.

The hardest thing for a man to learn is that you can't stay fixated on one woman. As long as you feel like no other woman could ever accept you and your fetishes, she will have power over you. Try to take a step back and ask yourself if you're TRULY happy in this relationship. You have a strong incentive to look for anything positive in the relationship because she's been so accepting in the past. She's not sounding very accepting NOW, and based on what you said towards the end, she may have even been LYING to you about how she felt about it.

Marriage MAGNIFIES any issues you have in a relationship. It doesn't resolve them. The consequences of divorce can be devastating to a man. You could end up living out of your car because it's only way you can pay your child support and / or alimony. You might not see your kids for years and they might be turned against you. Based on what you've said here, I would not even THINK about getting married until you've gotten counseling for yourself. You're in your early thirties, you have no need to rush.

One more thing, stop with the drug use if you haven't already. It's already gotten you into trouble in this relationship and I don't want to see it get you into other kinds of trouble.

It's your life. The final decision is up to you. I'm just trying to give you another perspective. Wish you the best of luck, whatever you decide.

Thank You so much for sharing your experience, which by the sounds of it has been a difficult time for you. As you said at the end there, you’ve tried to give me another perspective and I massively appreciate you giving me it.

What I would say is that (Forgive me if I have misinterpreted this) the relationship that you had sounds like it grew to be fairly unhappy, whereas mine isn’t, outside of our sex life. Whether she has the power over me that you suggest she might – and come to think of it, she probably does – she just isn’t the sort of girl to exploit that kind of power for her own malicious ends. She’s an extremely sweet and giving person, hence the reason I don’t want to be with anyone else and have asked her to marry me. I’m aware that there will be other girls out there who would also theoretically indulge in my fetishes, but I don’t want them, I want Marylin, sex or no sex.

Throughout all the difficult times I have experienced – particularly over the past two years, with my Mum’s health and having to give up my job to deal with that – Marylin has often been the only positive thing I have had going for me. I get sick of hearing “You lucky bastard” or “What is she doing with You?!” whenever I introduce her to other people, including one time when we met a pretty well known rock star who was desperately hitting on her before he realised we were together, and proceeded to become a massive asshole towards me when he realised he couldn’t have her!!!

So in short, I can say with absolute utility that I am truly happy in the relationship generally. I am aware, from the experiences of some of my friends and others, that it is a brave thing to do to accept that there is more than one woman in the world, but contradictory to that, there are those who have stayed with one woman, and lived long and happy lives with long and happy relationships. My Grandparents did it, for 70 years. Marylin’s parents have done it. Dolly Parton and her husband have done it! I can think of more. Not everyone is the same in this regard, I think. I can appreciate that some people aren’t meant to be just with one woman, I just personally don’t feel that way inclined myself, and I can’t imagine I ever will. If I do, I’ll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it, but I am still at the point where I can’t envisage it, so it would seem foolish to me to break up a good thing based on one negative area of the relationship when it really is the only issue, albeit a major one which needs to be addressed.

The issue we have is one of sexual withdrawal, due to a collection over time of negative circumstances and experiences, not the issue that you had in the relationship you had after your divorce, which it seems was one of intense jealousy, if I’m correct? It’s not that she’s become unaccepting as such, I’d say that’s the wrong characterisation of it and doesn’t paint the full picture. And yes, there is a possibility that she did lie about it, but this wasn’t because she’s manipulative or deceitful, it was because she wished to please me, because she loved me. She still does, so I remain optimistic that we can sort it out.

I hugely appreciate the benefit of your experience as a formerly married man, especially the part about marriage intensifying issues rather than solving them. I had that suspicion, hence why I have asked for advice here. I’m aware of how divorce can ruin someone’s life – my Dad hasn’t dealt particularly well since his divorce from my Mum, so I’ve seen it first-hand. I wouldn’t make such a huge commitment if I wasn’t sure about us, but I am, as far as I can be. Like you’ve said, there are others out there so if it doesn’t work out, I can always go forth into the world again if I have to.

And yeah, the drugs are in the past. They were fun whilst they lasted, but they were never a thing I intended to keep in my life in the long term.

When I was dating my wife, I tried doing some tickling with her; she learned of my interest. After we were married, I continued trying to get her into it - even if just tickling me. Then, in the 90's, there were the tickling magazines... I had a few, and made sure she saw them. Still nothing. After 41 years now (plus the dating time), still no tickling, and we're still together. If it's a good relationship, what the hey? We have more important connections. Kinda the "me, me, me" thinking.... no, when married, it's "us, us, us". I could say more, but won't.

Thanks for your response. It does give me hope that if we can’t solve this, it doesn’t mean our lives are over or the relationship will suck by default. It is similar to the previous response in that I appreciate you sharing the wisdom you have gained from your experience, which is – how to put it politely! – more sizable in breadth than my own! Being married for 41 years is a huge achievement and one I would hope to match someday. I guess maybe my tale sounds a bit “me, me, me”, but that’s probably just because it’s all from my perspective. I do want to sort this out as an “us, us, us” thing, for our mutual benefit, not just mine. Please feel free to say more, if you feel so inclined.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But. It seems to me that she lied to get you, and then when you discovered that Ingrid was ticklish, she reacted negatively because she didn't measure up. Further compounded by the fact that she did in fact lie and say you cheated in order to justify her reaction to here family.

You didn't cheat. Stop making excuses for her.

It also seems as if you're being a bit too careful with your wording because she is liable to become quite angry. Does/did she get angry often, and does/did she also become abusive? Or do you often take so much care to make your descriptions come off with a very sweet tone?

None of what I am saying is said with the intent to offend you, by the way.

If you love her, that's fine. Discuss with her how to solve this issue, and get all the details.

But, I'm of the opinion that you may want to leave her.

edit: It also seems to me that she lied, but couldn't keep up the lie. So once her depression hit, everything just fell apart.

Everyone else gave a good analysis of the whole situation, but I'm just looking at what I'm seeing with my, (admittedly limited) experience.

Last edited:
Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But. It seems to me that she lied to get you, and then when you discovered that Ingrid was ticklish, she reacted negatively because she didn't measure up. Further compounded by the fact that she did in fact lie and say you cheated in order to justify her reaction to here family.

You didn't cheat. Stop making excuses for her.

It also seems as if you're being a bit too careful with your wording because she is liable to become quite angry. Does/did she get angry often, and does/did she also become abusive? Or do you often take so much care to make your descriptions come off with a very sweet tone?

None of what I am saying is said with the intent to offend you, by the way.

If you love her, that's fine. Discuss with her how to solve this issue, and get all the details.

But, I'm of the opinion that you may want to leave her.

edit: It also seems to me that she lied, but couldn't keep up the lie. So once her depression hit, everything just fell apart.

Everyone else gave a good analysis of the whole situation, but I'm just looking at what I'm seeing with my, (admittedly limited) experience.

Thanks for the reply. Don’t worry, I’m not offended by what you are saying, I appreciate your input, especially coming back to add more once you’d thought of it. It wouldn’t be cool of me to publicise the events, then get uppity if people have a different opinion about it to me, as long as they are respectful in tone, which you have been. I do disagree with your assessment, however. Perhaps I haven’t been clear enough in the original depiction of the situation or in my subsequent replies to other folks.

Marylin is an extremely pleasant, giving, caring person. My descriptions of her as sweet, and my tone in describing her are fully justified, because she simply is a wonderful person, albeit a humanly flawed one. She chose to go into nursing, and works herself to the bone doing it, because she genuinely enjoys helping others. She has become a valued member of my family (even though not officially, yet) and my friend group due to her generous and kind nature, and has stuck by me during every hard time I have endured in my life, particularly my period of serious depression, which was extremely hard for her – much harder than her milder depression was on me. I have had friends and family members who have/have had partners who would have walked due to what I put her through then, let me tell you.

I have no motive to be “careful with my wording” in describing the events that have gone down, because she isn’t privy to me writing it; she has no knowledge of what I’m writing here, I can say what I like. I’m telling things exactly as they are, warts-and-all, but that goes both ways, so what I would say is: don’t just absorb the negative side of the story. She isn’t an angry person, and has only hit me the one time, because as I have said, to her mind I had cheated on her. Nobody is perfect and I forgave her, as she did me. If it had become some sort of habit that would be another issue altogether, but it hasn’t in any way, shape, or form. If I have presented an image of a person who is “liable to become quite angry”, then that is my fault, and I retract it now if you have formed that impression.

In terms of the Ingrid incident itself, you could be right possibly, maybe that is what caused her to anger. I guess I’ll never know. And you’re right to say that she did lie to her family to justify her reaction to them, but as I said in the original post, this was done to protect me. If she’d gone to them and said “He has a tickling fetish and he tickled another girl’s foot”, that would have been much, much worse for me from a mental point of view, and she knew that. But this is beside the point somewhat, as Myriads said something which I have definitely taken to heart: focussing on the “how and why” of the situation isn’t really going to help me to move past it, and achieve what I want to achieve: overcoming our sexual issues. So there isn’t too much value in re-treading it or trying to suss out this or analyse that, although I respect your opinion on the matter, of course.

I do love her, very much indeed. To break up with her would be to break my own heart. As I’ve said to other people – I’d sooner live a sexless existence than live without Marylin. So I definitely am going to try and figure this out, and hopefully we can get back what we once had.

Pretty much every single reply that I've seen thus far has been very informative/and most helpful , the first an foremost important thing by far.... Is that BOTH of YOU actually seriously legitimately want to fix your relationship..... It doesn't matter what you do, say, buy, poke, prod, stroke , kiss , hug or whatever..... If your both not willing , then nothing will ever work. And also I'm certain that she is a wonderful human being, but don't believe for one second that her lil "fibarooski" so her parents would buy into her sudden outve nowhere knee jerk reaction for her big move out, had everything to do with protecting you .... While I'm sure there was an element of shielding u , but also she was shielding herself aswell.... I mean imagine her trying to explain to her folks while balling her eyeballs out that u had a tickle fetish, and y'all like tickling each other before, during, and even after sex .... And because y'all were at a party and you decided to tickle a different girl's foot........ Tickle her foot? She decided that she needs to move out....
Now....... I think she would actually have been more embarrassed than you could have ever been from that angle..... Just wanted to point that out is all. And of course I mean all of that with the absolute utmost respect for you both. Best of luck to ya my friend

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back