• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Appropriate way to credit a TMF author

Soles_Scream

Verified
I shot some clips that were inspired by some stories posted on the TMF section. What is an appropriate way to pay homage to the creator of the piece that inspired the scene?

Providing a link to the story, perhaps mentioning the SN of the writer, something else?

I shot some clips that were inspired by some stories posted on the TMF section. What is an appropriate way to pay homage to the creator of the piece that inspired the scene?

Providing a link to the story, perhaps mentioning the SN of the writer, something else?

In the intro credits to the video, put a subheading under the title, "Based on <insert story> by <insert author>" and you can also put a link to the story in the description.

As with anything based on anything, try to work out what the author would want – look for an indication or contact them and ask them. Some might be honoured, some might rather not be mentioned, some might want others to derive from their writing, some might consider it plagiarism.

If the scene is only loosely inspired, there's probably no need to ask or credit them. If it's a clear adaptation of their work, consider getting their permission.

Coda, good point. For example, there is a clip I shot that was inspired by a self bondage/tickle story I read on TMF. I hadn’t posted it yet, and had to make a number of adjustments given where we shot it and what not.

I’d say there’s about 10% similarity. However, I want to credit the story/author anyways because it didn’t enter my subconscious if not for it.

I never considered that a writer would not want to be references publicly though.

Thanks for your insight.

Might also want to shoot the author a PM, in case they dont see the credit in your submission. Always feels good to be recognized lol

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back