• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Computer Question Regarding Google Chrome

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I'm having a serious problem.

Now it seems to be with Google Chrome.

During the 6 pm news , the news kept starting and stopping.

The computer froze, and I restarted it.

I tried uninstalling Chrome, and reinstalling a new version, thinking maybe it was a corrupted browser.

Then I tried Chrome again, and again it froze.

I imported all history from Chrome to this browser, Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft Edge seems to be working better, which leads me to believe it is something with Google Chrome.

Yet, there are some "Case Sensitive passwords" on some sites, like emails, streaming, etc that are giving me the "We do not recognize the computer or browser you're using"

I could use Microsoft Edge for some things, but for other things, that seem to want me to log in with the same browser, I'm locked out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This might be a stupid question - but after the computer froze and you restarted it, did you try to get the news to play again in Chrome? Or did you just start the switch over to Microsoft Edge?

I'm no tech expert - just asking to see if it was the computer having a hiccup or chrome.

You may want to look around in the Chrome settings and Extensions. I think some sites are able to upload an extension to your Chrome browser almost instantly when you navigate to said site(s).

But, it's possible you may just need to select or de-select something on a checklist within Chrome settings.

I hope the problem doesn't continue or you at least get more responses. They have to better than mine here lol

No question is stupid , its okay.

By the time the computer restarted the news was over

I;m not sure what is wrong with it.

To be safe, since I already uninstalled and installed Chrome and it did not work and keeps freezing.

I said to myself.

Let me try to import all the website history to Microsoft Edge. Edge has been on my computer for a while. I rarely if ever use it.

Thus I will just use Edge unless I get a freeze again.

Everything is on here. Streaming site, TMF, email, etc.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Since I did this, everything seems better, no email or website freezes.

Edit. Edge seems much faster than Chrome already unless it was the corruption that was making the Chrome run more slowly

Last edited:
Had kinda sorta maybe similar problems with Chrome on my old laptop. Things would often freeze, get a message that pages weren't responsive, or that Chrome wasn't responding. I had also thought of reloading Chrome. At Christmas, I was gifted a new laptop by my youngest daughter & son-in-law; after downloading all saved files to a USB, I finally moved to the new computer (about 2 weeks ago). So far working great, much faster than the old one. Only problem I had was with an auto update - it switched from Chrome to Bing, even if I clicked on the Chrome icon. Had to figure that one out, but finally did. Granted, you likely can't go for a new computer. I had been thinking that route, as the old one had some scary problems (like something inside pushing the casing apart....); hopefully you don't have such problems.

Thanks for telling me your situation.

Right now a new computer is out of the question due to $$$.

I just bought this certified pre owned laptop last June for $400 after my old laptop, which was only from 2015, completely died.

When I can afford a new or updated machine, a friend recommended I get an ipad.

Some people I know say they can get years out of a certified pre owned. I'm hoping that I can get more than seven months out of this one. I need to.

One other edit lol so I dont have to keep filling up the thread with new posts.

Since I was basically unfamiliar with Edge, I decided to research the most popular browser on the internet.

It turns out that Google Chrome is the most popular, and Microsoft Edge is the next most popular.

How times have changed, when seemingly everyone used IE

I have not used IE in many years.

Here's my best advice:
Chrome is a safer browser than edge, period. Part of that safety can sometimes cause video playback issues, it can happen with Firefox and other non-IE based browsers. I'd say take the best of both worlds, here. Keep using Chrome for your usual day-to-day internet usage and keep it updated.
Use Edge for those sites where video playback is an issue, only.

HappyD

Thanks, happy.

I might have found one of the problems.

I've posted how this computer is a certified pre owned.

Last year when I got it, the tech installed what was probably 6 months of McAfee.

Then I got a pop up.

"Your antivirus, Mcafee has expired. "

So I tried uninstalling Mcafee to install Avast.

No dice.

Then I got an offer.

Mcafee, $29.99 for one year.

I was like.

"Fine with how I'm dependent on this computer 24-7 try the Mcafee again.

It will cost a hell of a lot more than 29..99 if the computer crashes or if I had to get a tech here.

Downloaded it.

Last night I could not log into WPVI .com due to what may have been a problem /virus.,

When the new Mcafee was downloaded and scanned, now Chrome seems okay knock on wood.

I was locked out of many things last night when I was using Edge

Now that I'm back to using Chrome, hopefully, all sites, history seem okay.

Lets hope this continues.

I prefer Chrome anyway. As I posted before I hardly use Edge

I think that the computer may have had a virus also.

When I installed the McAfee and ran a scan, it found at least one virus, and possibly more, and removed the virus (es)

The virus may not have been the only cause of the computer freezing, but it was certainly one of the causes

Last edited:
Unless something is wrong, I'm going to have to use Chrome for video playback.

I belong to a streaming site.

One where you can rent movies for a few dollars and keep them for 1 to 3 days depending on the movies.

Most of the movies are offered in either SD or HDX.

I usually rent HDX, a dollar more, but better quality.

On Edge, it will not allow me to play HDX.

Thus, I'm going to have to use Chrome for the streaming site also.

Something else I dont understand.

I might have had a very old version of the Google Search on this computer.

I dont like the fact that it has all the sites I search to.

Luckily it does not have "Tickling Media Forum" on there.

Since I live alone, none of this really matters.

Its just something I did not notice at the time I downloaded the new Google Search Browser

The good news is I was just able to watch WPVI TV news at 6 on Chrome browser

All was fine, thankfully.

No browser crashes, or freezing of the computer.

Chances are it was a corrupted browser or a virus on Chrome, that is now hopefully cleaned out and gone.

Now I can hopefully get back to using Chrome for everything, like I usually do.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back