• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Is An Old Song.. That You Did Not Hear Until Much Later?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
What is an old song that you may not have heard until much later?

For me, one comes to mind.

"One Way Or Another " by Blondie from 1978

I distinctly remember when I heard that song for what I'm fairly certain was the first time.

It was in the 2000 movie "Coyote Ugly"

Piper Perabo was in that movie, and she and some of the other women in that song were dancing to it as it was playing.

Other choices?

Here are a few I can think of. These came out before my time, but most people probably heard these on the radio at some point early on.

- Bruce Springsteen- Blinded by the Light
- Nirvana- About A Girl
- Ramones- Poison Heart

Last edited:
I guess any song Yote.

Its just that I heard the song "One Way Or Another " by Blondie, and had completely forgotten about that song.

The major song I remember by them which everyone I knew seemed to like was "Heart Of Glass"

Jesus Etc by Wilco as well as the entire Hotel Yankee Foxtrot album.

Never knew they existed until a few years ago and now it's one of my favorite albums.

I keep hearing great songs only to find out they were covers. TWICE Siouxsie and The Banshees got me, with “The Passenger” and “Dear Prudence.”

Same with “Hallelujah,” “Mad World,” “Hip Hopper” (a version of Punk Rocker), “Crimson and Clover,” "This Wheel's on Fire", and several more...

I don't think I'd heard much Billie Holiday until I was in my early 20s.

Hey Jude by the Beatles.

My Dad would play that song a LOT and me and my little sis never understood what the song was about.

Then while growing up I spent a long period of time not listening to much music only to REALLY get into 70's and 80's music a few years ago and then I heard the song.

So I googled it and found it was Paul McCartney's way to cheer up John Lennon's 1st son due to the emotional abuse he received from his father.

Last edited:
Music lovers are cringing at "beetles"

Julian Lennon has long considered Paul a father figure even before the death of his real one. It's a sweet relationship it seems

I know right? I like how Paul took Julian under his wing.

Also OOPS! LOL. I made quite the typo eh? My bad Chicago.

That's what I get for trying to type at 11:03 PM at night. I've since fixed it. ;)

I know right? I like how Paul took Julian under his wing.

Also OOPS! LOL. I made quite the typo eh? My bad Chicago.

That's what I get for trying to type at 11:03 PM at night. I've since fixed it. ;)

Im just playing with you. They were the Silver Beetles for a time after all :D

I remember when I was 19 I discovered Chet Baker and Jeff Buckley around the same time. Always thought it was weird I hadn't at least heard Buckley's cover of Hallelujah before that.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back