• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Covid 19 shot

Yeacomon420

TMF Regular
I just got the COVID-19 shot today and I feel fine I think people should get it!

Which one of them did you get? BTW, I got both of mine (the Moderna vaccine) in the last couple of months.

I got the moderna I feel fine 12 hours later I have no side effects like people are talking about!

Side effects are very person-dependent. My oldest daughter was able to get both shots; she said the first didn't do much. The second wasn't so nice. Don't know which variant she got, though.

Unless you've been advised by your doctor not to get immunized, there is absolutely no reason to skip any of the recommended vaccinations. The science is unequivocal. The public benefits are clearly established.

I got the moderna I feel fine 12 hours later I have no side effects like people are talking about!

Was it your first or second dose?

I was fine after the first shot, but the second one left me super-tired for a couple of days.

I have not yet despite qualifying,getting an appt here is not easy

I was lucky. I work in a hospital so I got my second dose about 2 months ago. I didn't have any real reaction to it. I did know people that did, but it was mostly just feeling crummy and sick for about 24 hours.

I am getting my first vaccination shot (Pfizer variant) this week. Some of my roommates who already had covid months ago, just got the vaccine, and everyone who got caught a bad case of covid seemed to react poorly to the vaccine. Those who were infected but had mild symptoms didn't feel anything for the most part. Now its my turn!

I am getting my first vaccination shot (Pfizer variant) this week. Some of my roommates who already had covid months ago, just got the vaccine, and everyone who got caught a bad case of covid seemed to react poorly to the vaccine. Those who were infected but had mild symptoms didn't feel anything for the most part. Now its my turn!

Yeah, from my understanding people who already had COVID react worse because most of the response is an immune driven response. And so if you've already had it, you're more likely to have an immune response to it. I'm not a doctor or anything, but that's how I understand it at least.

I got in on the Pfeizer vaccine at the end of January. Barely had a sore arm on the first shot, and a light and fleeting case of chill on the evening of the second. I took ibuprofen immediately after the second shot, and right before bed, as I was advised that would alleviate many of the expected side effects.

I got my second dose of the vaccine today as scheduled. It will have taken full effect in two more weeks, so as of March 27th, I will be fully vaccinated.

I got in on the Pfeizer vaccine at the end of January. Barely had a sore arm on the first shot, and a light and fleeting case of chill on the evening of the second. I took ibuprofen immediately after the second shot, and right before bed, as I was advised that would alleviate many of the expected side effects.

Where did that advice come from? I was explicitly advised not to take otc pain meds to prevent side affects when I got my first dose. They did say it was ok to take them if I experienced side affects though. I thought it seemed odd.

Unless you've been advised by your doctor not to get immunized, there is absolutely no reason to skip any of the recommended vaccinations. The science is unequivocal. The public benefits are clearly established.

Where did that advice come from? I was explicitly advised not to take otc pain meds to prevent side affects when I got my first dose. They did say it was ok to take them if I experienced side affects though. I thought it seemed odd.

I heard a person should take Tylenol at worst, to avoid ibuprofen also.

I had one Pfizer shot and though I had COVID, I had no reaction. Sister had Moderna & had fever one day, exhaustion a few days.... It's individual.

They make you wait 15 minutes to be safe, but it's better if you can drive with someone just in case...

I heard a person should take Tylenol at worst, to avoid ibuprofen also.

I had one Pfizer shot and though I had COVID, I had no reaction. Sister had Moderna & had fever one day, exhaustion a few days.... It's individual.

They make you wait 15 minutes to be safe, but it's better if you can drive with someone just in case...

Maybe it was just the ibuprofen that they recommended against and I just remembered incorrectly. Thanks!

I'ma just be that person.

I have received both dosages and had the full list of side effects for each one. Everybody is different, and our reactions (or none) may be different based upon various circumstances.

Glad it is over. Hope that it works.
And I just hope everybody is healthy and safe because COVID SUCKS!

I'm not sure, ask your Doc!!

I'ma just be that person.

I have received both dosages and had the full list of side effects for each one. Everybody is different, and our reactions (or none) may be different based upon various circumstances.

Glad it is over. Hope that it works.
And I just hope everybody is healthy and safe because COVID SUCKS!

Ugh, glad you're ~95% covered at least!!

Maybe it was just the ibuprofen that they recommended against and I just remembered incorrectly. Thanks!

Thanks, but I'm no doctor, you might be right! Tylenol might just be a last resort afterwards for CERTAIN people ---- See below and see your doctor! :)
I did keep exercising my arm to prevent more pain & stiffness, however, not that I had that much.

https://apnews.com/article/can-i-ta...d-19-vaccine-86f03cdeb208e058f82032ed8548a219

Article text:

Can I take painkillers before or after a COVID-19 vaccine?

By MARILYNN MARCHIONE
March 25, 2021

Don’t take them before a shot to try to prevent symptoms, but if your doctor agrees, it’s OK to use them afterward if needed.

The concern about painkillers is that they might curb the very immune system response that a vaccine aims to spur. Vaccines work by tricking the body into thinking it has a virus and mounting a defense against it. That may cause temporary arm soreness, fever, muscle aches or other symptoms of inflammation — signs the vaccine is doing its job.

Some research suggests that certain painkillers including ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin and other brands) might diminish the immune system’s response. A study on mice suggests these drugs might lower production of antibodies, which block the virus from infecting cells.

Other research has found that painkillers might dampen the response to some childhood vaccines, so many pediatricians recommend that parents avoid giving children the medicines before a shot and only if needed afterward, said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently updated its guidance to recommend against painkillers before a COVID-19 shot. It says they can be taken afterward for symptoms if you have no other medical conditions precluding their use, but to talk to your doctor.

If you’re already taking one of those medications for a health condition, you should not stop before you get the vaccine — at least not without asking your doctor, said Jonathan Watanabe, a pharmacist at the University of California, Irvine.

If you’re looking to relieve symptoms after your shot, he added, acetaminophen (Tylenol) is better because it works in a different way than some other painkillers.

“If you have a reaction afterwards and need something, take some acetaminophen,” Schaffner agreed. He added that the immune response generated by the vaccines is strong enough that any dampening effect by painkillers is likely slight and won’t undermine the shots.

The CDC offers other tips, such as holding a cool, wet washcloth over the area of the shot and exercising that arm. For fever, drink lots of fluids and dress lightly. Call your doctor if redness or tenderness in the arm increases after a day or if side effects don’t go away after a few days, the CDC says.

I became eligible to get vaccinated today. Hoping to book an appointment this weekend.

Only one person I knew experienced side effects, which was mild swelling from their first shot. He was okay though.

I became eligible to get vaccinated today. Hoping to book an appointment this weekend.

Only one person I knew experienced side effects, which was mild swelling from their first shot. He was okay though.

Had mine start of the week feel absolutely dreadful just now they did tell me
Would be like this first 3-4 days to be fair

I had my first shot of a Pfizer this past Tuesday. I'm supposed to get the second one on Tuesday April 20.

The first night I collapsed at a very early hour for me, and slept many hours. (This from someone who has horrible sleeping habits)

Since then I've felt a bit draggy.

I've been told that the second shot of the Pfizer can sometimes cause "Flu Like Symptoms" for 2-3 days, but that varies by person.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back