• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does anyone listen to Rock anymore? (Rock fan row call)

NickStan

Verified
Who here likes rock music? I’ve been paying attention to the music trends and I’m starting to see some rock/rap mainstream collaborations, which gets my hopes up a bit. Rock music hasn’t had a dominant place in mainstream charts in almost 20 years now. I think it’s time that new rock music makes it back on the charts! Anyone agree?
If so list your favorite rock bands, current or not
Mine-
Stone temple pilots
Metallica
Avenged sevenfold
Alice In Chains
Disturbed
Nirvana

I've always loved the hair bands of the 80's.

Bon Jovi
Def Leppard
Europe
Van Halen
Steelheart
White Snake

Also Ann and Nancy Wilson. I absolutely love Heart.

The good thing here is that music trends always come back at some point so since rock hasn't been mainstream for 20 years it can't be too much longer before it makes a return.

Not my favorite type of music, but I love classic rock. I have a special fondness for the Rolling Stones, in particular. I also like Bon Jovi, Van Halen, the Scorpions, and a few others.

I go way back. Like things from the 50's (the start of rock & roll), up through the early 2000's, when the local radio stations just got weird and kept changing what was played. MTV helped for a while, but they also went wacko. So, for me it's the "old fogey stuff", but if something new and interesting comes up, I'll listen. Too many bands... but a few:
Beatles
Moody Blues
Credence Clearwater Revival (CCR)
Cream
Stolling Rones I mean, Rolling Stones
Spencer Davis Group/Steve Winwood
John (Johnnie) Cougar Mellencamp
and even the likes of
Metallica
Ozzie
Van Halen

I'm all over the place

Huge rock & metal fan here! I won’t list my favourite bands (far, far too many to fit here) but I’ve always loved, and will always love, music from the heavier end of the spectrum! :rockon:

Oh man, I forgot about CCR... some people might think that’s considered fogey stuff. I don’t at all, those were the roots that sprung rock to life.

It would be remiss of us to not acknowledge CCRs influences like Leadbelly, Little Richard,Bo Diddley, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Chuck Berry, Hank Williams, Marvin Gaye, Roy Orbison, Booker T and the MGs. The list goes on, but my point is that the roots go deeper.

Yes I still listen to rock n roll, and will until I die.

‘80s Rock is my favorite, but I listen to nearly everything. Some of my favorites?

Bruce Springsteen
Alice Cooper
Poison
Weird Al Yankovic
Van Halen
Dire Straits
Eagles
Aerosmith
The Monkees
ZZ Top

Honestly if I stop and look at the list I’ll start taking some out and putting others in and agonize over a REAL top ten.

My earliest memories of music go back to age 5 (1955). The Rock that I like and still listen to was all released from 1955 to about 1969. I don't know why I stopped liking new music about 1970.

I listen to it. I have far too many rock bands to list though. But some include:

Queen
Rolling Stones
Kiss
Foo Fighters

Oh man, I forgot about CCR... some people might think that’s considered fogey stuff. I don’t at all, those were the roots that sprung rock to life.

Actually, CCR was Fogerty stuff..... (couldn't resist)

Who here likes rock music? I’ve been paying attention to the music trends and I’m starting to see some rock/rap mainstream collaborations, which gets my hopes up a bit. Rock music hasn’t had a dominant place in mainstream charts in almost 20 years now. I think it’s time that new rock music makes it back on the charts! Anyone agree?
Mine-
Stone temple pilots
Metallica
Avenged sevenfold
Alice In Chains
Disturbed
Nirvana

Used to listen a lot to Metallica, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains. Then I hit my mid 30s and realized I don't have youthful angst anymore and got tired of it.

I remember reading an article a while back, it said the music in the 60’s was the most creative and had the best arrangements and melodies. I agree, I listen to songs like “California dreamin” and realize that most of the music during that time was that good

You had rock being broken down into different subgenres, soul and funk were starting to blow up, and bands like The Beatles experimenting with new recording techniques. 60s was a big decade for music all around &#55357;&#56397;✌

Not an epic music clip as such by anyone's imagination, but the clip of Metallica playing Enter Sandman to over a million Russians in Moscow in 1991, always sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it!

These ones would also appear on many playlists I'd make up on the old blank cassette tapes too! Lol

Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Metallica
Heart
Def Leppard
Motley Crew
Warrant
Bon Jovi
Live
Green Day

Mine-
Stone temple pilots
Metallica
Avenged sevenfold
Alice In Chains
Disturbed
Nirvana

Yes still love rock music! There definitely should be more about!! Mine is pretty much the same as most of the posts with Metallica, nirvana and queen being my top 3.

I wouldn't say Metallica belongs to the "rock" genre. To me, they are definitely heavy metal, and actually one of the best if not the best band of all time :rockon:

I forgot to mention Queen in my previous post. Absolutely love them :imthedj:

Definitely agree, Metallica is for sure heavy metal. I just meant rock style music in general. I remember asking a coworker awhile ago what his favorite rock band was (he listened to rap all the time) he said “ I guess Metallica”. That made me realize that for the people who aren’t familiar with rock and all of the sub genres of rock, anything that isn’t country that has an electric guitar and drums is pretty much rock to them, which is fine. But you’re right...
Metallica= 100% heavy metal &#55358;&#56600;&#55356;&#57339; &#55358;&#56600;&#55356;&#57339;

What are folks thoughts on Ice-T's metal band Body Count? I've never really looked into them but I keep meaning to.

What are folks thoughts on Ice-T's metal band Body Count? I've never really looked into them but I keep meaning to.

1992 self titled album is definitely worth a listen if you're interested. The music can be heavy at times but it has more of a punk feel then a rock one in my opinion. I dig it.

Last edited:

In my own humble opinion, not a big fan. The fusion between metal and gangsta hip-hop did not work as well as with other comparable projects. To me, it sounds more like if the Wu Tang (which I love) did their usual thing, only with a bunch of people trying to make as much noise as they can in the background. The blend did not take. The first album was alright, and Ice-T is definitely a charismatic frontman, but I did not enjoy their work that much as a whole. I listened for a while, but it quickly got boring and I never felt like listening again.

Love some of everything from 50's to current, but especially 80's metal... Those rock ballads are untouchable.

I really appreciate the unique artists in each decade, with original voices, signatures... Though I'm not personally into Gospel Rock,

I'm grateful for the source: The Godmother of Rock herself, Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Last edited:
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back